Chips Frawley

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Re: Chips Frawley

skeptic wrote: Thu 19 Nov 2020 5:36pm
SaintPav wrote: Thu 19 Nov 2020 5:12pm
skeptic wrote: Thu 19 Nov 2020 3:36pm So it’s popping up on FB that Chips’ signing and an announcement is imminent now
You really need to stop reading FB.

You'll go blind and it's mostly made up.

Sorry.

:)
I generally only post something that gains traction

But yeah... most rumoury things on the internet are made up
It's funny you know, Hawthorn through its threepeat era had a knack of picking up players that were guns in their prime however had aged into veteran status thus deeming them "past it", YET!, somehow progressed to premiership status.

In the current climate I'm prepared to remain inviting to Chips.

The Billings Method
Club Player

We're stealing the Hawthorn premiership machine one person at a time. Ratten, Roughy, McGlynn, Rath, DOS, Frawley et al. Do you think they've noticed yet?

If alcohol can damage your short term memory, imagine what damage alcohol could do.
Harves Man
Club Player

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Thu 19 Nov 2020 7:41pm
Saints58 wrote: Thu 19 Nov 2020 6:26pm We do need a big KPB Willkie, and Battle are great but only 191cm and 193 cm what happens when they come up against teams with 2 guys around 200 cm we struggled late in the season when Carlisle was not there roberton is only 194cm so either we play Oscar and now to get some experience ,or we look at delisted players to pick up.
Chips I think is over 30 do we really need a guy of that age who is out of the game to help out i like him but not for only a season and I don't see any value in taking up a list spot when we might get maybe a Oscar Mcdonald delisted and is 196cm has over 70 games and is 23 he is not massive but there is a example of some of the players that may be available.
What use is it to bring in some 3rd grade hack like Oscar McDonald who’d probably last a year or so before being delisted, and who offers very little if he ever gets a game?

You’re not thinking this through 58...

Frawley is only 30 and was still playing very serviceable football right up to the end of the season just gone.

He’s a big, strong, aggressive footballer with enormous experience, some of which was garnered playing in one of the most successful systems in the history of the game.

He’s close to Ratten, Roughead and Rath, so i would imagine their main interest is to bring him into the club in an on-field coaching role (similar to what they had initially hoped for Roughead) - he’ll basically be a coach who may get called in to play a few games, but he’ll be cheap and his pay packet will fit it nicely with the soft cap for footy dept. spending.

We were pretty close this year, and could have been even closer if we didn’t lose the class and size of Carlisle for the last game - it’s pretty obvious why they waNt someone as a backup in case one of the big guys goes down, and it’s a bloody good call.

Bringing in Frawley and McKernan might just be a master stroke whereas bringing in the likes of McDonald would be a very nothing, very beige, Cho-like decision,

I reckon there’s some sound thinking going in a Moorabbin these days, and the decision to offer Frawley a spot is just another example of it - I for one am hoping that we see him down at Linton Street in the very near future.
Honestly, this is a ripper of a post, Linton Street Flashman! Go you!

Harves Man
Club Player

The Billings Method wrote: Fri 20 Nov 2020 3:25am We're stealing the Hawthorn premiership machine one person at a time. Ratten, Roughy, McGlynn, Rath, DOS, Frawley et al. Do you think they've noticed yet?
Thank you - I needed a laugh!

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

What use is it to bring in some 3rd grade hack like Oscar McDonald who’d probably last a year or so before being delisted, and who offers very little if he ever gets a game?

Frawley is only 30 and was still playing very serviceable football right up to the end of the season just gone.

He’s a big, strong, aggressive footballer with enormous experience, some of which was garnered playing in one of the most successful systems in the history of the game.

Frawley is 32 and at 193 and 93ish Kgs is about the same size as Dylan Roberton

Not what I would call big

aggressive mmm maybe a few years ago, watching him this year , he was lucky to actually catch anyone to be aggressive with

Did you watch him play this year

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 19 Nov 2020 11:21pm
skeptic wrote: Thu 19 Nov 2020 5:36pm
SaintPav wrote: Thu 19 Nov 2020 5:12pm
skeptic wrote: Thu 19 Nov 2020 3:36pm So it’s popping up on FB that Chips’ signing and an announcement is imminent now
You really need to stop reading FB.

You'll go blind and it's mostly made up.

Sorry.

:)
I generally only post something that gains traction

But yeah... most rumoury things on the internet are made up
It's funny you know, Hawthorn through its threepeat era had a knack of picking up players that were guns in their prime however had aged into veteran status thus deeming them "past it", YET!, somehow progressed to premiership status.

In the current climate I'm prepared to remain inviting to Chips.
Yeah I’m inclined to agree.

No argument he’s past his best but I also can’t help but feel that he would have been mighty handy this year in the semi final after Carlisle was out.

I’m yet to a reasonable suggestion for someone that would come as cheap and ready to go

saynta
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote: Fri 20 Nov 2020 9:33am

aggressive mmm maybe a few years ago, watching him this year , he was lucky to actually catch anyone to be aggressive with

I did and thought he was way way past it. Crap in fact.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Fri 20 Nov 2020 10:26am
terry smith rules wrote: Fri 20 Nov 2020 9:33am

I did and thought he was way way past it. Crap in fact.
Exactly, I bet if his name was James Smith there would not be this much enthusiasm

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights