Changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes for next week

shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 30 Mar 2021 3:20pm
Beno88 wrote: Tue 30 Mar 2021 3:12pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Tue 30 Mar 2021 3:08pm Ryder ...even he is back in town, what kind of performance can we expect from him? He's coming off a hamstring as well, has no match form, as well as having been dealing with stuff. So McKernan will go on I would think, and Ryder might be eased back in rather than be given the wheel right off the bat.
Ryder in a wheelchair is better than Hunter & McKernan combined.
You might have a point. In fact perhaps Hannebury and Ryder could both play in wheelchairs.
I would worry that Hannebery would re-injure that calf getting in and out of a wheel chair

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to see

IN: Ryder, Crouch, Bytel, Carlisle

OUT: Hunter, Lonie, Webster, McKernan

Clark back to half back. Carlisle to CHB with ruck duties. Jones given a defensive forward role. Let's see how Steele, Crouch & Ross work to Paddy, clearing it to Hill, Billings as well as Coff, Long & Clark running off half back.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Tue 30 Mar 2021 4:13pm I'd like to see

IN: Ryder, Crouch, Bytel, Carlisle

OUT: Hunter, Lonie, Webster, McKernan

Clark back to half back. Carlisle to CHB with ruck duties. Jones given a defensive forward role. Let's see how Steele, Crouch & Ross work to Paddy, clearing it to Hill, Billings as well as Coff, Long & Clark running off half back.
Nice plan! Seconded.

You think Long should stay based on....?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I think he's a player who needs continuity. He tackles hard, sometimes too zealously but rather that than the polar opposite. He's quick and actually can do a job.

If Paton was available then that's a no brainer, however he's not. The others are McKenzie & Connelly, I do want to see Connolly at some point, just not until he's got some games under his belt with Sandy.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I only started watching games last year so I didn't see him as a forward. Was he that bad that he had to be moved? I think the jury is still out on him as a reliable backman. He looks like he can really tunnel, plough and burrow as well as mark so guess they didn't want a wing for him. Let's hope he keeps the mongrel in him hungry but also the brain cool.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Sun 28 Mar 2021 9:51pm
ace wrote: Sun 28 Mar 2021 9:47pm

Where is this reported ?

TV Sports News tonight

Ryder flying back in later this week, and Carlisle having played ruck in the VFL practice game this weekend.
So any confirmation from this that Ryder will be back in Victoria? Anything from the club?

What a shame that the two players we can least afford to be without - Marshall and Paddy - have missed the start. We’d get away with just about anyone else out.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Wed 31 Mar 2021 10:46am
saintsRrising wrote: Sun 28 Mar 2021 9:51pm
ace wrote: Sun 28 Mar 2021 9:47pm

Where is this reported ?

TV Sports News tonight

Ryder flying back in later this week, and Carlisle having played ruck in the VFL practice game this weekend.
So any confirmation from this that Ryder will be back in Victoria? Anything from the club?

What a shame that the two players we can least afford to be without - Marshall and Paddy - have missed the start. We’d get away with just about anyone else out.
Gee. Can't help wonder how Jake must have enjoyed that. (not) But I am trolling here. Baiting..I can't resist. How Jake must look at all the praise heaped upon Howard - the chosen one (says my soap opera director/writer) - and wonder why he has to be in the VFL playing ruck, while Howard can be the prince at full-back and dictate to the club his position!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

When will Paddy return and what condition will he be in?

He looked super fit in the pre-season as he did last year.
In 2019 at PA he looked overweight and slow.

I'm guessing given his hammy last year he'll need a 4 week mini pre-season on return before they throw him into a match.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
sks023
Club Player

We can knock the Don's off without Paddy and Rowan but with West coast , Richmond and Port to come we could be staring down the barrel

Look out kids, they keep it all hid