Saints V Hawks matchday thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints V Hawks matchday thread

We have a pulse.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Sun 02 May 2021 12:10am When the round is completed one of Essendon or Carlton will have 12 points.

That means the Saints will move up from 16th on the ladder before this round to be 14th on the ladder.
Gold Coast, GWS, Adelaide and one of the above ahead on percentage.
West Coast ahead either on percentage or 4 points.

That atrocious percentage means the Saints will have to win one more game than rivals to play in the finals.
OR continue to have more big wins & less huge losses.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Sun 02 May 2021 12:10am When the round is completed one of Essendon or Carlton will have 12 points.

That means the Saints will move up from 16th on the ladder before this round to be 14th on the ladder.
Gold Coast, GWS, Adelaide and one of the above ahead on percentage.
West Coast ahead either on percentage or 4 points.

That atrocious percentage means the Saints will have to win one more game than rivals to play in the finals.
The only percentage that matters is after round 22. It doesn't matter how the points for and against add up after 6 or 7 rounds. We still need to win more games than we lose to be any chance of finals anyway.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Sat 01 May 2021 9:59pm Just got back from the game and, after reading a number of posts, I am convinced that our team's best efforts are never good enough for many of you. I would have thought a turnaround like that after two embarrassing floggings would have won some honest praise for the character of our players, but........

Jones was outstanding by any measure today as was Hill. Bradley's chasing and tackling showed he is a proud man.

Hunter Clark was also very good. He sold more dummies today than the average baby wares shop sells in a year.

Paddy the Palmer was sublime at centre bounces and gave Jones, Hill and Crouch silver service. He won't have to buy a drink, those three will buy for him.

Having watched Hawks v Crows last week I didn't fancy our chances. We reestablished our ferocious attack on the ball, hard running and fast ball movement from the first bounce. In doing so we made the Hawks look like witches hats, a training drill.

It's an easy cop out to say Hawthorn was poor. We made it that way.

Well said. At least this week I can read the posts on the forum. Last week turned me off. Who eats their own FFS?

The missus asked me last night were the posters happy with the result? My reply/" Not overly. :roll:

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 02 May 2021 8:26pm Well said. At least this week I can read the posts on the forum. Last week turned me off. Who eats their own FFS?

The missus asked me last night were the posters happy with the result? My reply/" Not overly. :roll:
When the winning match thread is half the pages of a losing match thread then posters are happy in general.
I find if people are happy they don't go around telling everyone they're happy but, on the other hand, when they're cracking the s***s everyone knows about it.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 02 May 2021 8:26pm
Trev from the Bush wrote: Sat 01 May 2021 9:59pm Just got back from the game and, after reading a number of posts, I am convinced that our team's best efforts are never good enough for many of you. I would have thought a turnaround like that after two embarrassing floggings would have won some honest praise for the character of our players, but........

Jones was outstanding by any measure today as was Hill. Bradley's chasing and tackling showed he is a proud man.

Hunter Clark was also very good. He sold more dummies today than the average baby wares shop sells in a year.

Paddy the Palmer was sublime at centre bounces and gave Jones, Hill and Crouch silver service. He won't have to buy a drink, those three will buy for him.

Having watched Hawks v Crows last week I didn't fancy our chances. We reestablished our ferocious attack on the ball, hard running and fast ball movement from the first bounce. In doing so we made the Hawks look like witches hats, a training drill.

Well said. At least this week I can read the posts on the forum. Last week turned me off. Who eats their own FFS?

Coming from the guy who said his heart sank every time Tom Lee was selected. Real supportive oh hypocritical self-righteous one

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

So all your posts last week saynta were made without reading others. Interesting 🤔😉

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Mon 03 May 2021 7:05am

So all your posts last week saynta were made without reading others. Interesting 🤔😉
The huge bulk of the really denigrating insulting walking off a cliff s***, yes I did not read and never will. Disgusting as they no doubt were. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I would say the game was more Hawthorn made us look good because they were poor, not us making them look poor because we were good.

Don't forget in the first 7 rounds we've already had losses of 9, 13 and 14 goals (and are lucky Melbourne didn't do the same to us). Beating up on a team that was clearly cooked before the first bounce doesn't erase all that.

Let's wait and see if everyone who looked good this week turns up with the same effort and output against the Suns, a decent team on their home turf, before we get too excited.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

It gave the guys a chance to play team football and win. The more that pattern gets drummed into their brainboxes the better!

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 03 May 2021 11:51am

Don't forget in the first 7 rounds we've already had losses of 9, 13 and 14 goals (and are lucky Melbourne didn't do the same to us). Beating up on a team that was clearly cooked before the first bounce doesn't erase all that.
Unfortunately, this never applies to us, even when we are missing, Marshall, Ryder, Paton, Jones, Gresham, Geary, Frawley etc and even if we go ok for 2 qtrs applying pressure but with huge chunks of our structure missing, fall away pathetically.

You'd have to expect Port Adelaide, Richmond, Melbourne and West Coast to beat up on us wouldnt you?

The Bombers was clearly a day out for them.

Oh, we beat West Coast, didn't we.