Team v Eagles

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

takeaway
Club Player

Re: Team v Eagles

Scollop wrote: Sat 23 Jul 2022 11:58am
takeaway wrote: Sat 23 Jul 2022 9:05am
Scollop wrote: Sat 23 Jul 2022 1:23am

You're right about Brad. He's racked up a lot of meaningless possessions in 3 of the last 4 games

Glad you mentioned the media.

Dropping Hill would create headlines in the papers. Dropping Long doesn't

The club doesn't want footy journos and FoxFooty and SEN presenters highlighting how the club is still haunted by the Hill trade

Dropping Long doesn't embarrass our list manager, or our CEO or Lethers.
That’s it! Thanks Scollop. The penny’s dropped, and it was staring me in the face the whole time!

No wonder Ratts wanders out of the media dept about the same time every Thursday - he’s got the team sheet. Saint’s media dept selects the team!

Personally, I think Longy should be in this week for Butler, but obviously his profile doesn’t cut it.
Tell you what, I’ll pop in and see Clair from media and see if we can nudge Longy’s profile up a bit to make it harder to drop him. He’s cut down his penchant for illegally clipping opposition players on the way through, so that would help.

Anything else you can think of to help his case?
Yeah sure takeaway.

Why don’t you and your crew go and watch athletics and synchronised swimming.

It’s like you want to ignore any positive assets and always focus on the negative

He’s cut down his penchant for illegally clipping opposition players on the way through

How many times have you heard coaches saying that Xxxxxx plays on the edge etc… and we don’t want him to change. And…it’s usually after one of their players has been suspended. Like Teflon and others have said, it’s up to the leaders at the club and the coaching staff to harness his aggression and use it to our advantage

Why don’t you (and any one else you’re associated with) just leave the St Kilda FC to the people who understand football. I bet you Clair will politely compliment you and your crew for all you’ve done and wish you all the best.

I think he’s learned his lesson and I think he hasn’t been given a fair go since Round 1 this year. Last week he comes on and does a pretty good job, and the coach comes out and shiitcans players for not tackling and putting on pressure and then he drops Ben Long!! What the fuuucccc is going on at this boys club called St Kilda??
Who said anything about curbing Long's aggression? The fact that he appears to have curbed the reportable acts was a compliment. True, he did well when he came on last week - for one quarter, albeit when a few other Saints also belatedly livened up.
His challenge is to do that for a lot more that one quarter, and a lot more than one game. Can he do that? The media selection committee think not. As I previously indicated, I think he deserves one more go before his contract expires this year.

Focus on the negative? You wouldn't be doing that with Brad Hill would you?

"Leave St K football club to the people who understand football". Who is that in your view?

Templar
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Sat 23 Jul 2022 9:05am Anything else you can think of to help his case?
Goals.

If you get the chance drill it.

Not only Long but any players on the periphery. Actually make that any player.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
Templar
Club Player

It is a compliment and well earned. This year Long has been very disciplined without dropping his intensity. Kudos.

Not "Simon Templar". He was here first. Please change my username to Bumstead and if possible make me one of those very large sandwiches, thanks!
spert
Saintsational Legend

Been good for a quarter, but can't seem to bring it to a four quarter effort like a lot of our players have trouble doing.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sat 23 Jul 2022 12:21pm
Vortex wrote: Sat 23 Jul 2022 11:11am
The Fireman wrote: Sat 23 Jul 2022 10:47am had a chuckle last night watching Richmond throw away a win but thought either of those sides would have tore us a new one watching the way they go about it. the speed the ball handling and the ferocity for 4 qrts.
Big clubs with massive resources...ours not so much. Us and North will always be battling bottom to middling teams with the occasional sojourn into the upper echelons of the ladder.
If only the AFL implemented some kind of system where the ‘big’ and ‘small’ clubs were only allowed to spend the same amount of money on players and coaching staff 🧐

🤦‍♂️
Yep we love an excuse at mediocre saints!
Just watched Dogs best Dees
Look sharp
They must be a big club??

“Yeah….nah””
bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote: Sat 23 Jul 2022 11:13pm
The Fireman wrote: Sat 23 Jul 2022 10:47am had a chuckle last night watching Richmond throw away a win but thought either of those sides would have tore us a new one watching the way they go about it. the speed the ball handling and the ferocity for 4 qrts.
Big clubs with massive resources...ours not so much. Us and North will always be battling bottom to middling teams with the occasional sojourn into the upper echelons of the ladder.
If only the AFL implemented some kind of system where the ‘big’ and ‘small’ clubs were only allowed to spend the same amount of money on players and coaching staff 🧐

🤦‍♂️
Look sharp
We could take a leaf from the bulldogs book . Keep presenting keep fuc used (sorry aeon I couldn't resist :oops: )& never give up & just give it a red hot crack & you might just get the reward that comes from that effort IMO anyway

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bangaulegend wrote: Sat 23 Jul 2022 11:22pm

🤦‍♂️
Look sharp
We could take a leaf from the bulldogs book . Keep presenting keep fuc used (sorry aeon I couldn't resist :oops: )& never give up & just give it a red hot crack & you might just get the reward that comes from that effort IMO anyway
Let’s be honest Dogs sides normally turn up
Dees belted them last few times that was a big win
Bombers been belting us up for years ….we just reach for our ankles….
Pathetic

“Yeah….nah””
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Big game tomorrow.

Forget the usual whipping boys. Will the St Kilda veterans turn up today?

We need very big games from JB, Gresh, Seb Ross, RoMa, Jimmy Webster and our Captain. The leaders of the club must stand up tomorrow. There has been a lot of talk, we have to respond like we did against Carlton a few weeks ago.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

🤦‍♂️
Look sharp
Last week in our game against the Dogs it started to look like a repeat of 2021. Lucky we lifted and they started planning for Melbourne :wink:

Great win by Dogs last night. And some good football being played. Looks like they're just warming up for another tilt in September

I watched Freo Vs Richmond and Freo look like a well drilled unit.

Geelong as well in their game against Port (Mongol is a cheat, but that's for another thread... Our players need to learn to do that - draw a free when it's not there)

I was keen to see my team play finals, but I've changed my mind in the last 4 weeks

There's a big gap between us and the teams in the 8

spert
Saintsational Legend

I thin not only is there a skills gap between us and top finals contenders, there's also a problem above the shoulders.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Sun 24 Jul 2022 8:09am I thin not only is there a skills gap between us and top finals contenders, there's also a problem above the shoulders.
That’s it then …why didn’t I think of that :idea: :idea:

So it wasn’t Rath or McGlynn or Lade or or Ratts or Lethlean to blame. It was the shrinks fault

New thread coming up;

Sack the psychologist at the club!

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 24 Jul 2022 9:33am
spert wrote: Sun 24 Jul 2022 8:09am I thin not only is there a skills gap between us and top finals contenders, there's also a problem above the shoulders.

So it wasn’t Rath or McGlynn or Lade or or Ratts or Lethlean to blame. It was the shrinks fault

New thread coming up;

Firey we need a vote

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

North Melbourne were using psychologists way back in the 1970s.
But back to today's match; the long term veteran St Kilda players playing today, not just the players who have joined the club since 2019 who cop all the heat on here and elsewhere, need to turn up and stand up against the eagles today.
No excuses about the flight to Perth or players having the flu or anything else.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Yep but according to some no issues out of the coaching box,..all just the list is now bottom 4 after being 8-3!

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 24 Jul 2022 10:13am
Scollop wrote: Sun 24 Jul 2022 9:33am

New thread coming up;

Firey we need a vote
The people have already voted