New Answers fromFootyFirst/Board Challenge Updates

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote: Is there any chance we'll ever get a faceless board who quietly go about the business of running a PROFESSIONAL footy club?
This Board was exactly that.

Was.

It became about protecting themselves about 12 months ago.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Anyway it is almost 10am.....and it will be interesting to see who the 7 are.

The hidden 2 will hopefully be very credibale people with good connections to the corporate world.

The alterante Boad as currently outlined is in no way more heavyweoight or commercially better equipped than the "current" Board.

we need to consider and know what are the points of difference....and WHY they can doa better job.

Yes it has two ex -players....but that can bea strength anda weakness. You might remember the Hawks with Dermet and Dunstall involved (Dermet now gone & BOTh have had to but out of meddling in the football side)....and this caused more harm than could as they meddled in the football side (ie Dermet going into the rooms at half time to talk with players...)....only settling down when they stopped that involvement.

Now I think both Thommo and Burkey are less ego driven than Dermet and Dunstall.....

BUT what we need to know from the 7 is what will make thema good BOARD....we are not voting ina football department buta Board.

Lets see substance and not just a list of grievances.

Hopefully thewy can deliver.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 11 Sep 2007 11:03am, edited 2 times in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Lets hope that Bedwell is not part of the 7!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Though RB would probably mostpleased to see that he is :wink:

maverick
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
aussierules0k wrote: Is there any chance we'll ever get a faceless board who quietly go about the business of running a PROFESSIONAL footy club?
This Board was exactly that.

Was.

It became about protecting themselves about 12 months ago.
Totally agree on this

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Lets hope that Bedwell is not part of the 7!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Though RB would probably mostpleased to see that he is :wink:

And hutchy last week said he was, now that it is know he is friends with RB that statement makes sence.

JeffDunne

LOL, you do make me laugh JB.

I told you months ago Rod was in trouble and didn't you and others poo-poo that suggestion? Can I ask what did your wife think of it? :lol:

FWIW, do me a favour and get over your obsession with me and my opinions. I've told you many times I'm not going to buy into your pathetic games of trying to impress people with boring anecdotes of conversations I may have had with people. Low life's like your regular cheerleader and fellow stalker might be impressed, but some of us can see it for what it's worth.

I know too you believe Rod's been leaking to the press as you've posted it several times (IIRC), and I also know some board members share this view. What proof of that do you want? Useless anecdotes? I'm happy for events to determine if I've (or should I say we've?) been correct but please spare me the contrary bulldust simply because of this obsession you have with me.

TBH, I couldn't give a rats clacker if you don't believe what I post. It does however give me a chuckle that it pisses you off so much.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

no mention by SEN

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote: (IIRC), and I also know some board members share this view. .
Oh Jeffrey....more of your fabricated B/S :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which Baord members do you refer JeffDunne? :lol:
This is why you are my favorite pposter on Saintsational!

JeffDunne statements….

1/ Rod Butterss leaks information to Caro and the press in general

2/ Rod Butterss dreams of a seat on the AFL Commission

3/ Board members believe Bod Butters is leaking information to the press

All I ask is you to validate your statements as I do when requested.

Forget trying to divert with your inane attempts at put downs :lol:

It’s time to put up or shut up JeffDunne

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Lets hope any challengers have a PLAN FOR THE FUTURE OF THE CLUB, and not merely a sooky bid to remove RB as they don't like his attitude. If any ticket comes up with a proper plan, then great, if not, then what the hell are they doing? Just plonking a few ex players on a board with yet another ego-driven businessman at the head simply won't solve anything.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

JD & JB...since the next hour might be interesting....any chance of putting your battle aside for an hour or two...so that forumites can more easily follow developments????

Thanks

JeffDunne

The reasons for Thomas' sacking were largely personal and it was imperative that some of the behaviour that so irked the board leak out in a bid to win the public relations war against a larger-than-life character who made it clear at the announcement of his departure that he would not go quietly
http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/carol ... 38413.html

There you go JB, straight from the horse's mouth (and I do mean horse's mouth).

You have the contacts :lol:, ask them yourself for 'proof' of the rest.

JeffDunne

saintsRrising wrote:JD & JB...since the next hour might be interesting....any chance of putting your battle aside for an hour or two...so that forumites can more easily follow developments????

Thanks
Battle?

I'm happy to ignore him but history has shown that simply increases his stalking and spamming.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

After careful consideration and seeing how everything has unfolded, the biggest issue for me is the face of the club at board level. In the past, it has not been a problem, because GT was the "face" of St. Kilda. However with GT being sacked, the focus turned to Rod, and Archie to a lesser extent. Their relationships with fans and media seems to have really been detrimental to the image of the St. Kilda football club, at board level. This has a trickle down effect to sponsors and other off-field issues.

To summarise, the current board has been destabilised since september 12th last year, and events throughout this year have not helped at all. That said, it's really only Rod and Archie that can be held publically accountable, as the rest of the board really flies under the radar.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I am interested in how the alternate ticket will raise our base revenue.

Nathan Burke made that exact point on radio this morning, and it is one that has worried me for the past two years.

A profit is good, yes, but it isa only an accounting concept. You cant keep cutting into costs and say "look at us, we are healthy financially". Eventually the pain will be felt somewhere else.

Fixed Costs need to be kept down, however Revenue needs to increase. Direct costs will always effect the Gross Margin however to have a realistic football business expenditure needs to be directed at the critical areas.

the plan of revenue expansion is critical to the club and I will be interested in the alternate tickets ideas and strategy on achieving revenues in line with a club that has 30k members and averages 40k in croweds.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Board Members are

also

Dan Nelsom of Delaway North (Caterers..)

Chris Grant of Transurban
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 11 Sep 2007 11:28am, edited 2 times in total.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Members are

Westaway, Burke, Tommo, Dana Nelson, Chris Grant, Simon Brant missed the other actually sounds good. John Gdanski is the other.
Last edited by ausfatcat on Tue 11 Sep 2007 11:28am, edited 2 times in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Confirmed that Westaway wants to be the President

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

No Levin...just Gadanski.

Levin > Gadanski .....

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.stkildafootyfirst.com/

TO ALL MEMBERS
Thankyou for your time to read this very important message we have for St Kilda Footy Club members.

This is a pivotal time in the Club’s history as we introduce the Footy First team.

Footy First is set to invigorate the Saints with exciting new ideas in all areas of the club but with an emphasis on football which of course is our reason for existing.

This is where the current regime has dropped the ball. They have concentrated solely on reducing debt at the expense of the football department.

Footy First fully supports Ross Lyon in his endeavour to win us a flag. To do this we need more football people on the board and we have that in our esteemed former captain Nathan Burke and Andrew Thompson.

Through our board and by boosting the administration resources we will provide better value for our current sponsors and grow our membership base. We will not simply cut costs.
By challenging the current Board, we are not merely rocking the boat. We are serious in wanting a strong, successful and viable future for St Kilda and we will ensure the transition is as seamless as possible.

St Kilda supporters are passionate; they are the lifeline of our club. We will listen to our members, running the club by consensus where practical and not operate as an autocratic business.

We will be keeping members completely informed about us and the process via an information pack that is on its way to every member and you can find out more about your Footy First team at www.stkildafootyfirst.com

Remember - it is your club, your team, your choice and we need your vote to make change.
Last edited by ausfatcat on Tue 11 Sep 2007 11:29am, edited 1 time in total.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I am interested in how the alternate ticket will raise our base revenue.
This is my concern with the new ticket, with "Footy First" the name of the game - how much focus will be put on revenue and long term sustained off field success.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Initial thoughts...some capable business people there..

BUT there are no "whales" of the business world.

No one that makes you think WOW!!!!!!! boy am I glad they are involved.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Good that they have immediately supported RL...wise move..good move.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

true saintrising but the saints have not had that since lindsay fox in the 80's

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

LOL JeffDunne…Caro is your source :lol:

You have discredited her and now she is your source :lol:

JeffDunne statements….

1/ Rod Butterss leaks information to Caro and the press in general

2/ Rod Butterss dreams of a seat on the AFL Commission

3/ Board members believe Rod Butterss is leaking information to the press

Who are the Board Members?
All I ask is you to validate your statements.

Put up or shut up!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Their Website is a DUD...not one solution....

All we know from it is that they are passionate.....

Not good enough.

I hope that their press conference has some substance to it.

TIP to the alternate board.

PULL your finger out and actually put some solutions up if you expect to get the majority of votes.