Very, very interesting....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

always tomorrow
Club Player

4theluvoftheclub wrote:I've heard Foxes definately want Butterss out. So they seem not so much pro SFF , but very anti Rod
True but they are not completely in love with all on the SFF ticket BUT it is the lesser of two evils.

That said, this is not about the Fox family but the future direction and leadership of our great club. Maybe we should focus less on irrelevances and more on the two tickets themselves.

AT
Last edited by always tomorrow on Thu 13 Sep 2007 11:17am, edited 1 time in total.

Saints to go great in 08!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

always tomorrow wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Thats good and fine AT, but you are just an anonimous nic on an internet site, your guarnatees mean SFA.
JB

yes i am anonymous and for good reason and as such i'll cop your comment fair and square BUT i've been posting here for a while and everything i've offerred up has been proven right (if you go back over all my posts with info others wouldn't have access to).

i do say trust what i say, but the minute i lie on here is the minute i lose all credibility and you guys would treat anything i say with the disdain i would deserve.

i'll keep posting what i know as fact when I have something confirmed and ultimately you will see what i say as fact is fact as information comes to light.

AT

at....not andrew are you.....?????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

always tomorrow wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Thats good and fine AT, but you are just an anonimous nic on an internet site, your guarnatees mean SFA.
JB

yes i am anonymous and for good reason and as such i'll cop your comment fair and square BUT i've been posting here for a while and everything i've offerred up has been proven right (if you go back over all my posts with info others wouldn't have access to).

i do say trust what i say, but the minute i lie on here is the minute i lose all credibility and you guys would treat anything i say with the disdain i would deserve.

i'll keep posting what i know as fact when I have something confirmed and ultimately you will see what i say as fact is fact as information comes to light.

AT
Not a go at you AT, just that is the way this internet thingo works.

Many a person on here who has credible info. Not doubting what you say. I suppose that Mr Westaway has gone public in denying it and has put his face and name and credibility to that statement thats all.

cheers.

Oh and whomever you are you most certainly have a right to be anonimous.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
always tomorrow
Club Player

stinger wrote: at....not andrew are you.....?????
stinger, i can promise you 100% that my name is not andrew either. i do not post here under any other name.

AT

Brewer
Club Player

Can anyone point to any links between Westaway and Fox?

I would have thought they were competitors in the same industry, and unlikely to be close buddies.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

always tomorrow wrote:
stinger wrote: at....not andrew are you.....?????
stinger, i can promise you 100% that my name is not andrew either. i do not post here under any other name.

AT

i meant andrew thompson.....not that clown from hawthorn.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
HarveysDeciple

Thats my main concern with the whole thing.
Andrew Thompson being present on the ticket.
A player retires and jumps straight onto the challenge, someone asked the question what must the players think?
Well how many of our players share Thommo's sentiments? he cant be the only unhappy bloke surely and that concerns me.

always tomorrow
Club Player

Brewer wrote:Can anyone point to any links between Westaway and Fox?

I would have thought they were competitors in the same industry, and unlikely to be close buddies.
oh, you are so much closer to understanding why they are NOT working together on this than anyone else...

kudos to you!

AT

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Not sure when Mr Westaway became a Truck Magnate :shock:

Seriously, at what level do you become a magnate? :?

Lindsay Fox is a magnate, Paul Little is a magnate, Greg Westaway :?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

A magnet - a couple trucks short of a magnate? :)

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:A magnet - a couple trucks short of a magnate? :)
:lol: :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

rogerfox, you are a pathetic weasel who wades in innuendo and self importance.

As is your standard Modus operandi you continue to hide behind innuendo and sling mud in the hope the odd feeble mind my actually give credence to the cr@p you write.

For once in your time posting on saintsational answer the following questions, and not with your standard B/S …"people read what they want to read".
rodgerfox wrote: It isn't the first time I've heard it though.

I also heard one well known ex-employee of the club was furious about it and friendships were ruined because of it.
Are you referring to illicit drug taking?
Who was the well known ex-employee?
Which friendships (plural) were ruined by it?
rodgerfox wrote: Some say that it is the reason the fabric of the club was torn 2 years ago.
Who says (some again being plural) the reason the fabric of the club was torn (again I assume we are reciting illicit drug taking).
rodgerfox wrote:
Sling mud???

I hear lots of things.

Some I take seriously, some I don't (ie. the gambling rumour).

This one I kind of did at the time, but we were winning so I didn't care.

Then I read the paper today and had a chuckle.
What did you hear and when did you hear it and why was it funny?
rodgerfox wrote:The gambling rumours of an ex-employee of the club.
Which ex-employee?

Now rogerfox, you have made the above statements and I request you cut the hiding and give us the names to whom you refer.

Forget the old rogerfox classic “ I’m told in confidenceâ€

Sam23
SS Life Member

Legal action over this, but not over the Baker situation.

Fantastic....

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:Legal action over this, but not over the Baker situation.

Fantastic....
A QC advised the club they could not win the Baker case in Court but you'd know better :roll:

Sam23
SS Life Member

Fremantle situation....draw turned into a loss.

no court action.

Low act by westaway....but still, many times we've called for further action and it has never been delivered.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:Fremantle situation....draw turned into a loss.

no court action.

Low act by westaway....but still, many times we've called for further action and it has never been delivered.
When were the many times?

Who are the we you refer to?

Why did they not take action/

Ross Levine and John Gdanski are Board Members and Lawyers, I'd suggest they have a better understanding of possible outcome than you.

Do you have any idea how much legal action costs?

Why do you have an opinion that differs to a QC?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

If its the same QC that lost the case in the first place, what an opinion that would be

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:rogerfox, you are a pathetic weasel who wades in innuendo and self importance.

As is your standard Modus operandi you continue to hide behind innuendo and sling mud in the hope the odd feeble mind my actually give credence to the cr@p you write.

For once in your time posting on saintsational answer the following questions, and not with your standard B/S …"people read what they want to read".
rodgerfox wrote: It isn't the first time I've heard it though.

I also heard one well known ex-employee of the club was furious about it and friendships were ruined because of it.
Are you referring to illicit drug taking?
Who was the well known ex-employee?
Which friendships (plural) were ruined by it?
rodgerfox wrote: Some say that it is the reason the fabric of the club was torn 2 years ago.
Who says (some again being plural) the reason the fabric of the club was torn (again I assume we are reciting illicit drug taking).
rodgerfox wrote:
Sling mud???

I hear lots of things.

Some I take seriously, some I don't (ie. the gambling rumour).

This one I kind of did at the time, but we were winning so I didn't care.

Then I read the paper today and had a chuckle.
What did you hear and when did you hear it and why was it funny?
rodgerfox wrote:The gambling rumours of an ex-employee of the club.
Which ex-employee?

Now rogerfox, you have made the above statements and I request you cut the hiding and give us the names to whom you refer.

Forget the old rogerfox classic “ I’m told in confidenceâ€

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I dont think youd know how.
Last edited by Teflon on Fri 14 Sep 2007 12:21am, edited 1 time in total.

“Yeah….nah””
Carl Mynott
Club Player

I think Westaway has farked the whole thing with his alcohol and drugs in the boardroom statement.This will be the end of this challenge in it's current guise......

You cant replace one type of farkwit with another type of farkwit and claim superiority.......

:P

The more things change the more they stay the same
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I know many "competitors" in the same industry who lunch together regularly.......some in transport also.....dont be so naive.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Carl Mynott wrote:I think Westaway has farked the whole thing with his alcohol and drugs in the boardroom statement.This will be the end of this challenge in it's current guise......

You cant replace one type of farkwit with another type of farkwit and claim superiority.......

:P
It is hard to get away from it...

“Yeah….nah””
Brewer
Club Player

Teflon wrote:

I know many "competitors" in the same industry who lunch together regularly.......some in transport also.....dont be so naive.
That's a big call Teflon - do you have anything to back it up at all?

To suggest that Fox is behind this but it's all so buddy-buddy as to keep it secret is to suggest that Fox and Westaway are as thick as thieves. That's not the same as sharing a table at an industry lunch.

Collusion between competitors is illegal, and if what you say is true, it could raise questions about anti-competitive behaviour in the entire trucking industry which is potentially a much bigger story.

Present any evidence, weak as you like, that Fox has anything to do with Westaway on any level and I'll listen. Until then it's essentially just fabrication.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Brewer wrote:
Teflon wrote:

That's a big call Teflon - do you have anything to back it up at all?

To suggest that Fox is behind this but it's all so buddy-buddy as to keep it secret is to suggest that Fox and Westaway are as thick as thieves. That's not the same as sharing a table at an industry lunch.

Collusion between competitors is illegal, and if what you say is true, it could raise questions about anti-competitive behaviour in the entire trucking industry which is potentially a much bigger story.

Present any evidence, weak as you like, that Fox has anything to do with Westaway on any level and I'll listen. Until then it's essentially just fabrication.
TNT got into enormous trouble with the ACCC a few years back simply because a few of their senior managers attended one lunch with one of their competitors: which was considered sufficient proof for the ACCC to pursue allegations of collusion over prices.

In most industries, competitors are careful to make sure that they only meet publicly through official channels such as industry associations (or else, very, very privately: so that nobody - certainly not posters on this forum - could ever know about it).

Not only is there the danger from the ACCC, but also the risk of creating ructions on the share market (if Westaway and Fox were ever seen lunching with each other publicly, the general assumption would be not that they were talking about the Sainters, but about a merger or takeover).

So I doubt that they see much of each other nowadays. But there might be some sort of past association: I have still been unable to uncover any details of Westaway's career before he started his own business.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: I'd still prefer not.
Nothing to do with preference rogerfox, the reason you wont come clean is you are a full of it .

Next time put up or shut up!