Congrats caseyscorp. Your Saints dream is coming true

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu

why and where??.....ummmm

mate ......... can't remember being a kid ?

if the saints or the frogs moved into 'their' local area .....all the young uns would be talking about it

a smart club would go out of 'their' way to win the kids ....

my two kids live with a rabid sainter .....they love the saints .....but their heart is with their local mob

GrumpyOne

gazrat wrote:why and where??.....ummmm

mate ......... can't remember being a kid ?

if the saints or the frogs moved into 'their' local area .....all the young uns would be talking about it

a smart club would go out of 'their' way to win the kids ....

my two kids live with a rabid sainter .....they love the saints .....but their heart is with their local mob
Agreed Gaz.

Also I expect the Saints will reguarly have their pictures in the local rags. I get three of them each week in Cranny, so thats a lot of exposure.

yipper
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
gazrat wrote:the saints moving into the area would be a big news big buzz experience.......that would capture alot of the first bunch of '5 and 6 year old kids'...wouldn't it ?
Why.???.and Where??.

How many 5 and 6 year olds do you know that watch TV news avidly... (which would be only one 5 second grab anyway....) or avidly read their local newspaper......which would only occassionally cover the saints and probably only marginally more than they cover Casey anyway??

5/ 6 year olds will however take note of AFL teams and Stars who feature regularly on TV.....and who are SUCCESSFUL.....

*react to who they see in the media often.....playing at Casey will have little effect)

quote]

So do kids watch tv or not???? Whether you agree or not - there would be massive media exposure over the saints relocating into Cranbourne. This will get everyone talking - yep, even the kids. Give the whole of Cranbourne a real buzz. So, that combined with the excellent facilities they will acquire through this move - and yes, I cannot see this as a disaster at all. But, me thinks they will remain at Moorabbin FWIW.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
The Peanut
Club Player

There is already Saints players training and playing at Casey Fields - even senior players when they are coming back from injuries.

For the people in the Casey Fields region that are interested in Footy you would think that would be enough to sway a few people to support the Saints if anything was going to. Also the Saints are the only team South of the Yarra.

In regards to improved facilities:
1. Moorabbin has a great new surface that is as good as any other oval and we still have around 40 years lease left.
2. Indoor training facilities (apart from how it looks) is just equipment, space and a lap pool etc- this can be anywhere that is handy for the users.
3. Most of the players are very attached to Moorabbin as is many of the supporters.
4. Moorabbin is very close to the beach for training and post-training dips and to where the players live. It's also a central location and gets lots of exposure on open training sessions from the press because it is easy to access (great for sponsors exposure and supporters training updates).

I would think that it's within the interests of our club to stay at Moorabbin for outdoor training and (if possible) move the indoor training and corporate services closer to the Dome so that we can use our own post-game warm-down facilities and be at the doorstep of the city business centre.

Ideally the previously planned redevelopment option would be the best by far - there are too many anomalies to sort when moving. A major hurdle if we move and let the lease go will be the cost of removing stands/building and rehabilitating the large area of land. Another big issue is what is going to happen to the Pokies?

It’s a complex issue and our problems are not just not going to go away if we run away from the place. Nonetheless, if we stay there is going to be plenty of big issues to work through.

GrumpyOne

The Peanut wrote:4. Moorabbin is very close to the beach for training and post-training dips
Given the level of pollution in Port Phillip Bay, should we be risking our valuable players immersing themselves in that stuff?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
The Peanut wrote:4. Moorabbin is very close to the beach for training and post-training dips
Given the level of pollution in Port Phillip Bay, should we be risking our valuable players immersing themselves in that stuff?
The big question is should we be risking the saftey of our players in Casey, afterall you saw what happened to Charlton Heston in the Omega man

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
The big question is should we be risking the saftey of our players in Casey, afterall you saw what happened to Charlton Heston in the Omega man
Provided you remain in Hawthorn, I think our players and coaching staff will be safe.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
gazrat wrote:the saints moving into the area would be a big news big buzz experience.......that would capture alot of the first bunch of '5 and 6 year old kids'...wouldn't it ?
Why.???.and Where??.

How many 5 and 6 year olds do you know that watch TV news avidly... (which would be only one 5 second grab anyway....) or avidly read their local newspaper......which would only occassionally cover the saints and probably only marginally more than they cover Casey anyway??

Personally I cannot see why 5/ 6 year olds would flock to the Saints just because the Saints train there....particualrly when mum or dad are say fans of other AFL Clubs...

5/ 6 year olds will however take note of AFL teams and Stars who feature regularly on TV.....and who are SUCCESSFUL.....

Clinics etc is basically nonsense as ALL Melbourne Clubs including the Saints are doing them...so we have NO competitive advantage there.

Argue the merits of better training facilities at Casey...YES... (and as some have said build player education and recreational facilities as well so they can attend fora day including two training sessions) BUT it is the stuff of fairy tales to imagine that hordes of young kids will choose the saints just because the saints train at Casey. They will not.

The undecided kids will in the main:

*look at who is winning games

*who their mates at school barrack for....

*react to who they see in the media often.....playing at Casey will have little effect)

*.females (those in their teens+)will also react to the cute factor

If their parents or sibling have a leaning that will have a big influence..

Where the Saints train will have VERY very little influence...very little...
Thank you. Someone finally understands that training in an area means nothing to 99% of people in that area beacause only 100 watch training.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

IMHO I'm not so sure that the local missing link crew would embrace the club, witch trials and animal sacrifices are still way too popular, but if you knocked down the one remaining tree in the area, it's true the lynch mob would have to find other things to do with themselves

but are you so sure the troglodyte swamp set, would embrace the club?

mention of "inside 50", might send panic through those still left in the community, who have not already been abducted by aliens

hitouts to advantage would just encourage more street brawling between the knuckle draggers

and the tree swingers, still trying to roster a decent timetable that's fair for all, when you only have one tree and a few thousand simian brained bone monkey's all wanting access at once, would probably misinterpret "on the pine" as being a some sort of priviledged position and might cause even more underclasses within the underclasses, leading to even more friction

the one percenters would probably end up being ridiculed by those with an IQ of 10,

hard ball gets, would involve mutilated cattle,

free kicks would be seen as a new policy replacing public stonings

and the salary cap is what many locals are operating on, not within and it might attract too much unwanted attention from the random drug testers

all in all, it's hard to see too many neanderthals embracing the club, when so much ambiguity exists

leave the Cranny "FAMILY" to it's headless chook raffle's and goat's blood

sacrificing virgin's is one thing,

just leave the St.Kilda Football club out of it

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:IMHO I'm not so sure that the local missing link crew would embrace the club, witch trials and animal sacrifices are still way too popular, but if you knocked down the one remaining tree in the area, it's true the lynch mob would have to find other things to do with themselves

mention of "inside 50", might send panic through those still left in the community, who have not already been abducted by aliens

hitouts to advantage would just encourage more street brawling between the knuckle draggers

and the tree swingers, still trying to roster a decent timetable that's fair for all, when you only have one tree and a few thousand simian brained bone monkey's all wanting access at once, would probably misinterpret "on the pine" as being a some sort of priviledged position and might cause even more underclasses within the underclasses, leading to even more friction

the one percenters would probably end up being ridiculed by those with an IQ of 10,

and the salary cap is what many locals are operating on, not within and it might attract too much unwanted attention from the random drug testers

all in all, it's hard to see too many neanderthals embracing the club, when so much ambiguity exists

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doing some of your finest work there mate........

The Peanut
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: ... Plus if you are CLOSE to Dockands you can use the facilities for post game recovery. Casey is too far away for that...

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote:IMHO I'm not so sure that the local missing link crew would embrace the club, witch trials and animal sacrifices are still way too popular, but if you knocked down the one remaining tree in the area, it's true the lynch mob would have to find other things to do with themselves

I think we can be thankful that you have used all your ammunition up in that post.

Now go away, you annoying little troglodyte. :x

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva, that was one of the funniest things I've ever read.

No disrespect to those from Cranbourne, but that was hilarious.

Of course the kids in the local area will get on board. They can walk home froms school on a Tuesday night and go to Saints training with their mates.

Can they do that now?

Peanut makes some good points though - the benefits to the players and sponsors probably lies somewhere much closer to Melbourne. Especially with regard to preparing for games etc.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
. Also the Saints are the only team South of the Yarra.

Apart from the Tassie Hawks....whose twin bases of Waverley and Launceston are both South of the Yarra :wink:

And the Demons currently train South of the Yarra at albert Park lake environs...till their new Nort of the Yarr training base is ready at the brand spanking new Soccer/Rugby Stadium.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
GrumpyOne

Oh When the Saints wrote:barks4eva, that was one of the funniest things I've ever read.

Oh God!!!! Don't encourage the little pr1ck.

Proves that once in every 7,500 posts a diamond is unearthed.

Very close to the theory that says if you give a monkey a crayon and lots and lots of paper, eventually he will write a word.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: sacrificing virgin's is one thing,

sacrificing virgin's what.....????........... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Peanut
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: ... Apart from the Tassie Hawks....whose twin bases of Waverley and Launceston are both South of the Yarra :wink:

And the Demons currently train South of the Yarra at albert Park lake environs...till their new Nort of the Yarr training base is ready at the brand spanking new Soccer/Rugby Stadium.
I thought about Tassie Hawks whilst scribing but not one to let the truth get in the way of a good story ... I thought that I would get away with that lttle hair split. :wink:

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:barks4eva, that was one of the funniest things I've ever read.

Oh God!!!! Don't encourage the little pr1ck.

Proves that once in every 7,500 posts a diamond is unearthed.

Very close to the theory that says if you give a monkey a crayon and lots and lots of paper, eventually he will write a word.

Oh yes that was hilarious..... NOT

It is disrespectful, its damn right rude and I for one take offence to it.
Don't bother PM'ing me barks to say it was not against you, because I am not accepting it this time around.

As for the posters say they would rather move to the Gold Coast
Oh yes lets embrace moving interstate, instead of moving half an hour down the road, lets head 1000's of K's away and across two boarders. Lets lose the home advantage we have when we play at dome, as we do play it pretty well.
Lets lose half of the supporters who wouldn't follow the footy anymore. I for one would lose all interest if we became an interstate team. I am sure we would get 1000's more members if we became the gold coast saints :roll:

Personally I don't care where in Melbourne we move too, as long as the club is finally getting access to state of the art fatalities.

Honestly some people need their head looked at.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Understand that b4e is jesting, joking, being jocular ... his intention is to be humourous, not to offend. It is cheeky and witty IMO.

Why are people so defensive about the area in which they live? It's not as if it has any influence on your character ... I don't view anyone any differently if they live in Upotipotpon or Toorak.

My uncle lives in Cranbourne - it's not like I'm getting offended because everyone will think he is a "tree-swinging member of the missing link crew" ...

It is not intended to offend. It is a point of humour that is in now way a reflection on the lifestyle or choices of those who live in a particular part of Melbourne.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Understand that b4e is jesting, joking, being jocular ... his intention is to be humourous, not to offend. It is cheeky and witty IMO.

Why are people so defensive about the area in which they live? It's not as if it has any influence on your character ... I don't view anyone any differently if they live in Upotipotpon or Toorak.

My uncle lives in Cranbourne - it's not like I'm getting offended because everyone will think he is a "tree-swinging member of the missing link crew" ...

It is not intended to offend. It is a point of humour that is in now way a reflection on the lifestyle or choices of those who live in a particular part of Melbourne.
:wink:
It's strange isn't it, how precious some become, seriously I don't understand how anyone could take that seriously

anyway, such is saintsational :roll:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:Understand that b4e is jesting, joking, being jocular ... his intention is to be humourous, not to offend. It is cheeky and witty IMO.

:wink:
It's strange isn't it, how precious some become, seriously I don't understand how anyone could take that seriously

anyway, such is saintsational :roll:
We agree.

I'm scared.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

karnak
Club Player

Geez,

the only reason people will take offence to B4E's post is cause it hits a little close to home! :lol:

I was thinking of starting a bakery in Cranbourne!

I'm going to call it ALL INBREAD.

heheheh. :lol:

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
GrumpyOne

Oh When the Saints wrote:Understand that b4e is jesting, joking, being jocular ... his intention is to be humourous, not to offend.
The hell it is. :x :x :x

He is trying to divert attention away from his own deficiencies and inadequacies by poking fun at other people.

I would call him a tool, but occasionally a tool is useful.

Serves absolutely no useful purpose on this forum, and should have been shown the door a long time ago.

How anybody could consider banning homework, Brian Collis and even Teflon before him beggars the imagination.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

There are other issues on which I would agree entirely with your sentiments GrumpOne ... and I'm expressing my personal views here, not as a mod or not the views of the mods.

But on this point, IMO what he has written is in a light-hearted manner and shouldn't cause offence.

GrumpyOne

Oh When the Saints wrote:There are other issues on which I would agree entirely with your sentiments GrumpOne ... and I'm expressing my personal views here, not as a mod or not the views of the mods.

But on this point, IMO what he has written is in a light-hearted manner and shouldn't cause offence.
With respect OWTS, I strongly disagree.