FRANKSTON DEAL NOT DONE YET

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

casey scorp
Club Player

The advertising of an intention to sell land is a statutory procedure under the Local Government Act. People have 14 days to lodge a submission, which the Council will then consider.

It is unrelated (in a legal sense) to the heritage matters which are under the control of Heritage Victoria under the Heritage Act.

SAINTLY73
Club Player

The heritage issue will be brought up though now that it is there.

Heard on the weekend that the money from Moorabbin hasn't translated across to Frankston. The quote was "They haven't shown the evidence of the community benefit yet". It also seems that money will be left in the fund to clean up the grandstands at Moorabbin.

There were a few other points that I couldn't disclose but would still provide some hope for caseyscorp in the saints moving to Casey.

casey scorp
Club Player

It's been a while saintly73!
SAINTLY73 wrote:There were a few other points that I couldn't disclose but would still provide some hope for caseyscorp in the saints moving to Casey.
Bless you! I'm a believer!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SAINTLY73 wrote:The heritage issue will be brought up though now that it is there.

Heard on the weekend that the money from Moorabbin hasn't translated across to Frankston. The quote was "They haven't shown the evidence of the community benefit yet". It also seems that money will be left in the fund to clean up the grandstands at Moorabbin.

There were a few other points that I couldn't disclose but would still provide some hope for caseyscorp in the saints moving to Casey.
The Saints will never go to Casey. They have more hope of staying at Moorabbin than moving their.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SAINTLY73 wrote:The heritage issue will be brought up though now that it is there.

The Saints will never go to Casey. They have more hope of staying at Moorabbin than moving their.
he who knows has spoken......
:roll:

anyway interesting times

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
casey scorp
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:The Saints will never go to Casey. They have more hope of staying at Moorabbin than moving their.
You might be correct of course, because there just might not be an option to go to Casey soon.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

If St Kilda still play their home games at either the Telstra Dome or the MCG, I couldn't give a fat rats clacker where they are based. It's only a training base. In the grand scheme of things, it means little where they are based.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:If St Kilda still play their home games at either the Telstra Dome or the MCG, I couldn't give a fat rats clacker where they are based. It's only a training base. In the grand scheme of things, it means little where they are based.
agreed as long as they have great faciltities to maximise their abilities thats all I ask

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

That doesn't make sense saintly how does pulling grandstands down provide community facilities?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

he who knows has spoken......
:roll:

anyway interesting times
What is wrong withg you. If you have a problem with me just ignore it.

SAINTLY73
Club Player

I'll be saying Casey rather than Moorabbin as a second choice site. Moorabbin is about to turn fairly ugly. This will be in the news in the next few weeks. Not good when you're still trying to stitch up Frankston.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Someone remind me why we would want to sign up with Franga now that they have no grandstand, gym facilities and opposition changing rooms?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Someone remind me why we would want to sign up with Franga now that they have no grandstand, gym facilities and opposition changing rooms?
You mean now that the demolition of the old stand has been done for free ?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

From snoopy girls in anther thread

Posted: Sun 17 Feb 9:20 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article from todays Herald Sun.

MOORABBIN could be the new long-term home of Victorian cricket.

A $10 million injection has been earmarked for the building of facilities to house Victorian cricket's elite squads - from the Bushrangers and the Vic Spirit representative teams down.

While the Melbourne Cricket Ground will remain a central playing base, there is growing dissatisfaction about the declining standard of its drop-in wickets and MCC policies that have forced cricket to look elsewhere to play selected home matches.

St Kilda's Junction Oval and Springvale's Central Reserve have been used as back-up grounds, but do not shape as viable long-term propositions as cricket looks to build a modern facility based on Brisbane's Border Fields.

Moorabbin's impeccable surface and the opportunity to build an enlarged wicket square has irresistible appeal for many on Cricket Victoria's executive.

Almost as compelling is the opportunity to work solely with the City of Kingston, which owns and controls the main ground and the adjoining northern field that would be employed as a cricket nursery.

City of Kingston mayor Bill Nixon said: "We want to have major sport in the area. While were sorry to see St Kilda (Football Club) go, it opens up other opportunities for major sport which the city is keen to embrace, whatever it takes."

Nixon said the Kingston was in negotiations with the football club to demolish the old grandstands, which stretch almost 200m along Linton St.

New buildings would be built and rented to help cricket meet its financial commitments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Makes you suspicious about how quickly the 10mill came in for this.

And the fact they would have to buy out the saints lease (article is incorrect the saints run the land) and it includes getting rid of some parklands by the sounds of it too. WTF

would the saints just agree to it? When they have treated the saints so well over the last year or so? I think Kingston is a bit delusiional here.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The Saints have a lease until 2033 or something like that. If the City of Kingston wants to buy out our lease after all that has hapened they will have to pay ..............BIG TIME

If the need arises to re-locate our pokies, I would like to think that the club would at least look at that new development in the heart of St Kilda !!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:The Saints have a lease until 2033 or something like that. If the City of Kingston wants to buy out our lease after all that has hapened they will have to pay ..............BIG TIME !!

I hope to god the saints play hardball here, it just sounds all to conveniant for my liking, a bit of hypocracy going here.

casey scorp
Club Player

SAINTLY73 wrote:I'll be saying Casey rather than Moorabbin as a second choice site. Moorabbin is about to turn fairly ugly. This will be in the news in the next few weeks. Not good when you're still trying to stitch up Frankston.
Wonder if it was the cricket story that SAINTLY73 was referring to last week? If it is, I don't think it's ugly in terms of negotiations with Frankston as it would be an alternative use for Moorabbin only IF the Saints went to Frankston. If the Saints didn't go to Frankston they still have control over the Moorabbin Reserve until they made a decision to go elsewhere.

But it's all irrelevant now after the fire - Frankston is a dead-set certainty. And it looks like cricket may be on the agenda for Moorabbin Reserve.

Makes you wonder, though, how some of the local residents will feel after thinking they finally managed to get rid of St Kilda and get back the public park, only to see another sporting organisation come in and get control.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

And all a long the saints have to agree to give up there lease, for it to happen. Maybe a extension of the social club lease might get the deal done?

casey scorp
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:And all a long the saints have to agree to give up there lease, for it to happen.
Not sure about that. I think you might find that, if the Saints move admin and training to Frankston Park, the Moorabbin lease will terminate. It will have been written so that if the Saints football activities left (which was the main attraction for the former Moorabbin Council), the Club could not retain control of the reserve.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:And all a long the saints have to agree to give up there lease, for it to happen.
Not sure about that. I think you might find that, if the Saints move admin and training to Frankston Park, the Moorabbin lease will terminate. It will have been written so that if the Saints football activities left (which was the main attraction for the former Moorabbin Council), the Club could not retain control of the reserve.
I think you will find that when the leases was taken out the Football Club & the Social Club were seperate entities. From what I've heard from Archie & others in the media the lease is watertight, meaning the council will have to buy it out if they want us to move out !!

casey scorp
Club Player

Interesting proposition about the separate leases, but did the St KFCSC exist when the original lease was taken out in the early1960s?

More likely that the StKFC had the head lease, and sub-leased the social club site to the StKFCSC. There was renegotiation of leases (in the 1980's I think), and whether that changed things would be key to the discussion.

That raises some further issues:

• does the legal entity of the StFCSC still exist (I thought it went out of separate existence)?
• even if the social club sits on a separately leased site, does that site include the carparking (which it would need to maintain compliance with its planning permit)?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

There is the St Kilda Football Club

And the St Kilda parent entity

in the financial report.

barneyboyz
Club Player

But it's all irrelevant now after the fire - Frankston is a dead-set certainty. And it looks like cricket may be on the agenda for Moorabbin Reserve.

Casey Scorp, some of the real believers of Casey Fields may now realise the missed opportunity, there is just acres of potential out there, we have some great local clubs involved (still) and it is truly a testament to those people at Casey who believe in sport as the cornerstone of our community; I appreciate it and countless others too, we are proud and so should you be.

Go Sainters!!

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
casey scorp
Club Player

Thanks for the support Barneyboyz.

While the Saints will now be accommodated in a wonderful new facility at Frankston their decision leaves the way open for other opportunities at Casey Fields.

Casey Fields will be a fantastic facility serving the Casey-Cardina corridor and in 20 years time, when it sits as the major regional sporting facility for SE Melbourne, the Saints just might scratch their heads and wonder how they let the opportunity slip past.

Now, as they say, there's other fish to fry......

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:Casey Fields will be a fantastic facility serving the Casey-Cardina corridor and in 20 years time, when it sits as the major regional sporting facility for SE Melbourne, the Saints just might scratch their heads and wonder how they let the opportunity slip past.
Sounds like the catch cry for Waverley Park all those years ago. I guess it's a good way to keep a reserve free for turning into townhouses in 30 years time.