Thomas, Saints in stalemate over payment dispute

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

If GT is genuinely owed entitlements (what ever the sum) I hope he is paid by the club.

What ever income GT derived from the club in his tenure as coach be it excessive or not sufficient is totally irrelevant to the matter at hand.

IF GT is acting as deviously as some here believe he will be exposed if this matter reaches Court and he will bare Court and associated costs and leave without compensation.

I would very much doubt that this matter will find its way to Court and will be settled once the club reaches a figure acceptable to GT – obviously more than $100K.

Attempting to debate the merit of the case without any real knowledge is and exercise in futility.

GT is looking after GT, can’t personally see anything wrong with that. He does not have to forgo money he believes he is owed because he has publicly stated his love of St Kilda.
GT loves GT, no issue with that either!

Personally I look forward to the matter being finalized and St Kilda rid of Grant Thomas and the Grant Thomas/ Rod Butterss era. I thank them for what they did for the club but I am equally glad both have moved on.

GT & RB reached there use by dates, unfortunately the new custodians of the club haven’t quite finished clearing out the fridge since taking up residency.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Richter
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
what pro saints commenty would that be ? the "i would of traded Milne" or the " i was tempted to leave Milne and G-train behind on interstate games " or maybe the "Maguire can only run in straight lines "
Plenty of times that he pumped us up last year. A few examples....

- he was one of only a handful of commentators who said that we would run over Melbourne in round 1. Very good write up given that he could have been forgiven for being bitter prior to the first game after he was given the boot.

- many, many times I heard him give glowing comments about St Kilda players in both professional and personal terms on SEN prior to games on Sat midday footy preview as well as the Fri preview forum.

Trav, I understand that you are in the West so may not get all the media that we do over here. GT stood up for and was very pro-Saints in both his newspaper and radio gigs last year. I heard him and read him first hand by buying the papers and tuning into to 1116.

It's just that headlines like "GT compliments Saints" are not deemed as newsworthy as the relatively few times the opposite happened. Do not fall for the rubbish that many on here post about his supposed "white-anting". Whilst I'm not saying that ALL he did was positive regarding the Saints after he left us, but the vast majority of his public utterances were and that should not be forgotten.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
JeffDunne

Joffa Burns wrote:If GT is genuinely owed entitlements (what ever the sum) I hope he is paid by the club.

What ever income GT derived from the club in his tenure as coach be it excessive or not sufficient is totally irrelevant to the matter at hand.

IF GT is acting as deviously as some here believe he will be exposed if this matter reaches Court and he will bare Court and associated costs and leave without compensation.

I would very much doubt that this matter will find its way to Court and will be settled once the club reaches a figure acceptable to GT – obviously more than $100K.

Attempting to debate the merit of the case without any real knowledge is and exercise in futility.

GT is looking after GT, can’t personally see anything wrong with that. He does not have to forgo money he believes he is owed because he has publicly stated his love of St Kilda.

Personally I look forward to the matter being finalized and St Kilda rid of Grant Thomas and the Grant Thomas/ Rod Butterss era. I thank them for what they did for the club but I am equally glad both have moved on.

GT & RB reached there use by dates, unfortunately the new custodians of the club haven’t quite finished clearing out the fridge since taking up residency.
You've restored my faith JB.

Merry Christmas to you & your family.
Last edited by JeffDunne on Fri 21 Dec 2007 8:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote: he's our second most successful coach.

Three St.Kilda coaches have got us into a Grand Final for starters and Thomas isn't one of them

as i was saying, ..thomas is our second most successful coach.....pple don't like that ......tough titties.... :roll: :roll: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
stinger wrote:most saints supporters would find your comment offensive ffs....
if you find it offensive, then as far as i'm concerned, you deserve to be offended.

alves and even sheldon, imho, were better coaches than the pigdog.
you do yourself no credit......

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
The day GT is back at our club, will be the day I stop buying memberships
i will send a taxi and some boys to make sure he attends our first game then...will even buy him a membership...well worth the money..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: ...but then again..you have already proved time and time again that you are not one to stick to your promises.... :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
The day GT is back at our club, will be the day I stop buying memberships
i will send a taxi and some boys to make sure he attends our first game then...will even buy him a membership...well worth the money..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: ...but then again..you have already proved time and time again that you are not one to stick to your promises.... :roll:
I'd rather that is the day you dont post on the site.

asiu

Joffa Burns wrote:
If GT is genuinely owed entitlements (what ever the sum) I hope he is paid by the club.

You'e restored my faith JB.

Merry Christmas to you & your family.

thats made my day
:)

merry christmas everyone

asiu

Get a clue
where do we start with you ?

theres more chance of getting a clue , living in the present , that there will ever be carrying forward a suitcase full of cut and paste material from the past

of this i am sure

wish gt a merry christmas .......it will , help :idea:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:The day GT is back at our club, will be the day I stop buying memberships
can we have that in writing?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:
good on ya gt
yeah, suing the football club for $167,000, in holiday pay you've already signed a stat dec stating you've already been paid in full, yeah good on ya :roll:

The club you claim you love even tried to settle by agreeing to pay the dodgy hush money but still that wasn't good enough, yeah good on ya :roll:

thanx for having a go
got appointed in a flawed process and got paid $500,000 a year straight up without any previous AFL coaching experience

In all St.Kilda Football club paid Thomas over 2.5 million dollars

yeah thanx for the huge sacrifice :roll:

thanx for dragging our ****'d up and ****'d over footy club into the modern day , on no money and by the sounds of it , no support from those who preached 'the ten year plan '
Do people really need to be reminded that we played off in a GRAND FINAL four years before Thomas inherited a dream list through the draft,

seriously the way some on here carry on, you'd think the club was dead in the water when he took over :roll:

fact is with all of those early picks, we were heading up the ladder regardless of who was coaching

the one currently doing the ****'ing over is Thomas if you care to open your eyes and deal with the reality

may these issues get sorted , quickly ...for every practicle obvious reason
update for those with their heads in the sand

St.Kilda Football Club offered to pay out the $100,000 hush money which was inappropriately offered by Butterss in the first place to settle the matter NOW

who was it exactly, that rejected this, still trying to pursue more money which he's already signed a stat dec stating he's not even owed :roll:

merry christmas to you and yours grant
**** him

may 'sense' reign ....allowing you to be involved with our club again
and you write may sense reign.... by allowing him to be involved with our club again :roll:

now where exactly is the sense in that?

fair fricken dickum, that's the most nonsensical thing I've ever heard you say

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
gazrat wrote:
good on ya gt
yeah, suing the football club for $167,000, in holiday pay you've already signed a stat dec stating you've already been paid in full, yeah good on ya :roll:

The club you claim you love even tried to settle by agreeing to pay the dodgy hush money but still that wasn't good enough, yeah good on ya :roll:

thanx for having a go
got appointed in a flawed process and got paid $500,000 a year straight up without any previous AFL coaching experience

In all St.Kilda Football club paid Thomas over 2.5 million dollars

yeah thanx for the huge sacrifice :roll:

thanx for dragging our ****'d up and ****'d over footy club into the modern day , on no money and by the sounds of it , no support from those who preached 'the ten year plan '
Do people really need to be reminded that we played off in a GRAND FINAL four years before Thomas inherited a dream list through the draft,

seriously the way some on here carry on, you'd think the club was dead in the water when he took over :roll:

fact is with all of those early picks, we were heading up the ladder regardless of who was coaching

the one currently doing the ****'ing over is Thomas if you care to open your eyes and deal with the reality

may these issues get sorted , quickly ...for every practicle obvious reason
update for those with their heads in the sand

St.Kilda Football Club offered to pay out the $100,000 hush money which was inappropriately offered by Butterss in the first place to settle the matter NOW

who was it exactly, that rejected this, still trying to pursue more money which he's already signed a stat dec stating he's not even owed :roll:

merry christmas to you and yours grant
**** him

may 'sense' reign ....allowing you to be involved with our club again
and you write may sense reign.... by allowing him to be involved with our club again :roll:

now where exactly is the sense in that?

fair fricken dickum, that's the most nonsensical thing I've ever heard you say
As I have said may times, please seek help you sad person.

RBnW
Club Player

move on....the courts will decide, if he is owed he will get paid...if not he wont....the good news is we have a new set up which feels right....looks good and is stable......I cant see how he would be welcomed back until we win a flag.....new board or old board I think changes like the Drain appointment show that GT had well and truley taken the club as far as he could....when we win a flag he should be invited back, but not before and even then only recognised for his contribution....IMHO he was allowed by the the RB board to stay too long...what we have seen in changes over the last few months the club needed a lot of high quality brought in.....something GT was never able to do.... :oops:

Our best is yet
to come......
asiu

how heavy is that suitcase ?

:lol:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I really don't understand this at all

Why r so many people who aren't privvy to the facts playing judge, jury and executioner

I like GT but I haven't got the faintest idea whether he's owed 0 or $200 000 plus... and i don't care

the courts will sort it out and he'll get whatever he's entitled too and rightly so

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:If GT is genuinely owed entitlements (what ever the sum) I hope he is paid by the club.

Best post in this whole thread, well said Joffa.

As Thomas quite often trumpeted, his experience was in the business world so I hope what he's claiming is not your typical ambit claim with the hope or belief that the Saints will settle before ultra expensive legal proceedings begin.

Now that he's knocked back the offer I hope it's the one and only offer made and it does go to court. I would like to know the truth, afterall we are not talking about chump change, the amount of money spoken about is the equivalent of winning a pre-season 'wok'.

I'm currently on the side of the club in that I find it hard to believe that a man who prided himself on his business acumen and demanded control of the player's contract negotiations would have himself pressured out of $150K+.

Just seems there is a lot dirt swept under some tatty piece of Social Club carpet that will spill out if this hits the court.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Spot on Ghost.

Take it to court Sainters - lets bare this half @ssed used car salesman down Bourke St with the truth. The NEW Board offered this turkey $100k - they obviously do not believe in his right to all of the claim so lets bring out the truth.

Pressured into signing - f@rk me........ :roll: The best thing is the longer Thomas drags this out the longer its gonna be before he comes anywhere near the club he died in 2 world wars for....

As for the amount of psycophants on this site who are just happy to have maybe once been in the presence of gt...get a grip FFS.

“Yeah….nah””
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:
I'm currently on the side of the club in that I find it hard to believe that a man who prided himself on his business acumen and demanded control of the player's contract negotiations would have himself pressured out of $150K+.
EXACTLY

Thomas who DEMANDED FULL CONTROL with ALL PLAYER CONTRACTS and negotiations, apparently would conveniently like everyone to now believe that he wasn't even capable of sorting out his own :roll:

Thomas the wizz bang contract negotiator signed a stat dec stating he's owed nothing and now claims he was pressured into signing

As if $100,000 of hush money and 2.5 million he secured through, what he himself admits was a FLAWED PROCESS, isn't enough already

I mean FAIR FRICKEN DINKUM

asiu

:lol:

what was butterss doing whilst gt was look'n after everything ?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote::lol:

certainly wasn't lining his own pockets with over 2.5 million of football club money, that's for sure

personally I'm glad to be rid of both of them

it seems that the GT doll worshippers continue to be the loyal blowhards and love sick puppies even when the guy is suing the club for money he's already signed a legal document stating he's not even owed

some people just never get it do they?

asiu

agreed.......some people never do

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

certainly wasn't lining his own pockets with over 2.5 million of football club money, that's for sure

it seems that the GT doll worshippers continue to be the loyal blowhards and love sick puppies even when the guy is suing the club for money he's already signed a legal document stating he's not even owed

Got the new number for you. Its 1800barksneedshelp. Please ring they are open 24 hours a day and for you may even open 25.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Get GT back :D

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

Got the new number for you. Its 1800barksneedshelp. Please ring they are open 24 hours a day and for you may even open 25.
Got an opinion on all this plugger, or just more fun to tell people whose opinion you disagree with to "seek help you sad person" or some such?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saints43
Club Player

saint66au wrote: Got an opinion on all this plugger, or just more fun to tell people whose opinion you disagree with to "seek help you sad person" or some such?
Mate, b4e is a pain in the arse.

Constantly posts selective information (lies) and uses this forum as a soapbox. Never responds to specific debate.

If someone tells him to pull his head you put up with it - 'cause the rest of us put up with that dill every day.