whos the most over-rated player you've seen

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

footy_first
Club Player

saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:oh yea...and luke hodge (every season people tip him to win the brownlow but he never gets close)
dale thomas is in my mind the most over-rated player in the league atm
he's the biggest show-off and doesnt have big impacts on games...marks of the week doesnt help teams win matches. only gets like 12 touches a game and 1 goal...he was number 2 for a reason

i disagree dale thomas is a very good player i reckon he should have been taken at number 1 (suck carlton) he has a great vertical leap, brilliant speed, a wonderful kick. anyway it doesnt matter if he is a show off. this is football and if you show it off you have to back it up consistantly and in alot of peoples minds he does.

plus luck hodge what are you thinking in know deep down you would want him at carlton so dont try to tell us otherwise one of the form midfielders in the compitition.
thomas is over-rated...he has little to NO impact on the outcome of games

thats absoloutly untrue hes a gamebreaker takes the game by the scruff of the neck.

players that have little to no impact on a game wear blue jumpers.
raph clarke...now theres someone who has zero influence

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:oh yea...and luke hodge (every season people tip him to win the brownlow but he never gets close)
he's the biggest show-off and doesnt have big impacts on games...marks of the week doesnt help teams win matches. only gets like 12 touches a game and 1 goal...he was number 2 for a reason

i disagree dale thomas is a very good player i reckon he should have been taken at number 1 (suck carlton) he has a great vertical leap, brilliant speed, a wonderful kick. anyway it doesnt matter if he is a show off. this is football and if you show it off you have to back it up consistantly and in alot of peoples minds he does.

plus luck hodge what are you thinking in know deep down you would want him at carlton so dont try to tell us otherwise one of the form midfielders in the compitition.

thats absoloutly untrue hes a gamebreaker takes the game by the scruff of the neck.

Mate you are wasting your time, a few of the people on here would have more bad to say about him than you do...

I would list all the overrated players at Carlton to get back at you but after Judd you kind of fall short, I just guess none of your guys are good enough to get rated at all...

But for the record R.Clarke >> Thornton

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

R. Clarke would be a walk up start in Carltons best 22.

Thems the facts, I'm afraid.

esaint66
SS Life Member

footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:

he only kicks 1 goal a game and gets about 12 touches...no real influence...mark of the week and show off s*** like that dont win games

yeah maybe your right. but he sure is good at the 1 percenters i.e dishing it off to fowards and his attack at the ball.

it might not win game the show off s**t as you call it but i sure wins memebers and sells merchandise and im sure every team in the afl would like to have thomas or players in the calibre of thomas in their side and as far as i see it carlton only have one and hes played no games.

footy_first
Club Player

saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:

he only kicks 1 goal a game and gets about 12 touches...no real influence...mark of the week and show off s*** like that dont win games

yeah maybe your right. but he sure is good at the 1 percenters i.e dishing it off to fowards and his attack at the ball.

it might not win game the show off s**t as you call it but i sure wins memebers and sells merchandise and im sure every team in the afl would like to have thomas or players in the calibre of thomas in their side and as far as i see it carlton only have one and hes played no games.
members and merchandise??we're talking on field champ

footy_first
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:

Mate you are wasting your time, a few of the people on here would have more bad to say about him than you do...

I would list all the overrated players at Carlton to get back at you but after Judd you kind of fall short, I just guess none of your guys are good enough to get rated at all...

But for the record R.Clarke >> Thornton
oh lol...u know t-bird is better than rapha

footy_first
Club Player

riccardo wrote:R. Clarke would be a walk up start in Carltons best 22.

Thems the facts, I'm afraid.
:lol:

esaint66
SS Life Member

footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:

ok Champ well did you read the last part of my post. well if not i'll repeat it for you in words you'll understand. Thomas is better than all of your players bar one who hasnt even played a game yet and your club is so stupid they made him captain.

The Craw
Club Player

Alex Marcou........looked good in a suit though.

Not Craw, CRAW!
footy_first
Club Player

saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:

ok Champ well did you read the last part of my post. well if not i'll repeat it for you in words you'll understand. Thomas is better than all of your players bar one who hasnt even played a game yet and your club is so stupid they made him captain.
you know thats not true
we've only got 2 premiership players and 1 brownlow medalist, he's also up there with experince (game-wise) thats why he's our captn

esaint66
SS Life Member

footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:

you know thats not true
we've only got 2 premiership players and 1 brownlow medalist, he's also up there with experince (game-wise) thats why he's our captn

yes what you are saying is true but no other club would have made him their captain with out him proving himself.

you club is so desperate for leaders you had gibss ( a 1st yhear player at the time in the leadership group and before today you had fev) first smart move the club has made in a while.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

no other club would have made him their captain with out him proving himself
I don't know about that. He is one of the most respected players in the competition, with a resume to match. I always thought Hasleby was over-rated, especially by Gerard Healy.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Winmarvellous wrote:
no other club would have made him their captain with out him proving himself
I don't know about that. He is one of the most respected players in the competition, with a resume to match. I always thought Hasleby was over-rated, especially by Gerard Healy.

well ok then who would have made him captain?

i dont think any other club is that desperate for leaders and most clubs would make the player prove themselves before they made them do something like captain a club.

think about it again they have thrown judd into a horrible position at the moment with the whole fev thing and all so its going to be hard for him.

nicola69
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote: Matthew Lloyd. The 'Robbie the Robot' of the AFL, and utterly boring to watch. Playing for Essendon in recent times also lifts your reputation.

:lol: Robbie the Robot :lol: good sledge. Like Buckley he is an unfortunate choice of front man by his club (especially now that Hird has retired). No media panache whatsoever, even though Esserdon has spent a fortune sending him to media finishing schools of various kinds. He has a permanently stupid look on his face. You can never tell if he has his mouthguard in or out. He has been truely exposed in recent seasons now they're down the bottom of the ladder. Rode on the back of being the key forward in a top side. Good points: knows the difference between a shop window and a toilet. Bad points: still misses the bowl.

we exist on a brane - thank f*** for StK
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

nicola69 wrote: He has a permanently stupid look on his face. You can never tell if he has his mouthguard in or out. Good points: knows the difference between a shop window and a toilet. Bad points: still misses the bowl.
:lol: :lol: :lol: i'd hate to be on the wrong side of you

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

dale thomas is going to be found out in a few years when he is expected to go into the midfield full time...he has such a slight frame he is going to be thrown out of contests so easily by everyone and anyone...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:dale thomas is going to be found out in a few years when he is expected to go into the midfield full time...he has such a slight frame he is going to be thrown out of contests so easily by everyone and anyone...
From what I've seen he's bulked up a fair bit this pre-season.

He's a good player (atm) and with a few more seasons under his belt he may well be a superstar of the league - he has a freakish quality about him.

Cirra
Club Player

jonesy wrote: him at number 1 for a while,perplexing?

Adam Goodes-it's not his fault that he's won 2 brownlows,but the worst dual brownlow medalist there is,and the scary thing is,the way the umps love him for getting a whopping 17 touches a match that are all uncontested out on the wing/half back flank,he could win more yet... His parent's have nude photo's of the AFL commision..
Yes, yes. Adam Goodes sh*ts me. He is nowhere as good as the media make him out to be and I can't believe he won two Brownlows.

"When we get back on November 5 and walk through that door, we're getting on a bus together and we're going down the road to a premiership. You're either on the bus or you get run over," Roo at the B&F 2007

In 2012, I'm still on the bus.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

nicola69 wrote:
cwrcyn wrote: Matthew Lloyd. The 'Robbie the Robot' of the AFL, and utterly boring to watch. Playing for Essendon in recent times also lifts your reputation.

:lol: Robbie the Robot :lol: good sledge. Like Buckley he is an unfortunate choice of front man by his club (especially now that Hird has retired). No media panache whatsoever, even though Esserdon has spent a fortune sending him to media finishing schools of various kinds. He has a permanently stupid look on his face. You can never tell if he has his mouthguard in or out. He has been truely exposed in recent seasons now they're down the bottom of the ladder. Rode on the back of being the key forward in a top side. Good points: knows the difference between a shop window and a toilet. Bad points: still misses the bowl.
I reckon Robbie the Robot had heaps more personality!!

He's more like Hymie the Robot off Get Smart!!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Cirra wrote:
jonesy wrote: him at number 1 for a while,perplexing?

Adam Goodes-it's not his fault that he's won 2 brownlows,but the worst dual brownlow medalist there is,and the scary thing is,the way the umps love him for getting a whopping 17 touches a match that are all uncontested out on the wing/half back flank,he could win more yet... His parent's have nude photo's of the AFL commision..
Yes, yes. Adam Goodes sh*ts me. He is nowhere as good as the media make him out to be and I can't believe he won two Brownlows.
boy I don't know which games you guys watch

he is one of the few players (Ablett, Judd, Riwoldt, Brown , Franklin and a couple of others) who can with 15 minutes of footy turn a game inside out.

he runs all day, can play and has played in nearly every position, is courageous, can mark and is a great player pure and simple

if he played for a vic club he would be considered a superstar

Russman
Club Player

In no particlualr order:
Jeff Farmer ,had a purple patch for about 6 games in 2006. Only has the odd good game ,and spends the rest of the time mouthing off at everyone.

Stephen Kernahan , the commentators used to make me sick how they would wet themselves everytime the ball went near him , even if he didn't touch it.

Anthony Rocca, Long Kick, but average player at best. I enjoy it when we play against him because I know he is not a threat and our defenders will stitch him up.

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
esaint66
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:dale thomas is going to be found out in a few years when he is expected to go into the midfield full time...he has such a slight frame he is going to be thrown out of contests so easily by everyone and anyone...

i higly doubt that he is a tough nut already and can take pretty much any hit. Anyway hes only young and has bulked up this pre season and some of last so i doubt highly in what your saying.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
Judd is the BEST footballer in the league.
Judd has is all - Exciting, Tough, Quick, Tall, Damaging...And even gets his own ball. He single handedly changes the result of matches.

....Seriously, by the end of his career, I think he will be regarded as the best footballer EVER.
best footballer in the league??..hmmmm
i dunno, he's no better and no worse than about 3 or 4 other players i can think of.

in reagrds to the most overated...
id say Hird as well.
hey, he was a good player, even a great player, but the bloke had no left foot and for everyone to call him a superstar, when he can only kick with one leg is bollocks.....i dont care about his other abilities (and many he has) but if u cant kick on the left u aint no superstar.....Def overated player IMO

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

i think we can now add deledio to this list

did sheahan have him in his top 50?

very ordinary and almost not noticed tonight

footy_first_2

saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:
footy_first wrote:
saint edward wrote:

you know thats not true

yes what you are saying is true but no other club would have made him their captain with out him proving himself.

you club is so desperate for leaders you had gibss ( a 1st yhear player at the time in the leadership group and before today you had fev) first smart move the club has made in a while.
i agree that our leadership group is a joke...fevola a leader?