Rd 2 v Carlton. Pre Match thread !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

milney044
Club Player

Ghost Like- Milney didn't miss the 04 prelim but he may as well not have been selected as he spent the majority of the game sitting on the pine.

And for the purpose of not sounding like a broken record, I'll just say "what bigcarl said".

As for the selections, I'm pretty happy. Obviously Fraser Gehrig is in our starting 22 so we're going to have to say goodbye to one of the guys on the fringe, in this instance C. Gardiner. And Ross Lyon obviously considers Jason Blake to be a significant contributor and is therefore considered an automatic selection as well, meaning C.Jones has to make way.
I would probably consider Raph Clarke and Aaron Fiora lucky but if it means they're under more pressure to perform for fear of being dropped, i think this can only be a good thing.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Milney, I watched that Prelim out in the Pacific, it was a very poor feed and I never bothered to watch a replay. I'll stand corrected.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

gO.SainTs wrote:For some reason, I can't wait to see Ackland against King and Gardiner... :lol:
Ackland timed himself a nice little injury so he can return next week. Even when he is fit I would think that Cloke, Hampson and Kruezer will be played before him.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:And for the purpose of not sounding like a broken record, I'll just say "what bigcarl said".
i wouldn't worry about it.

on things like our seeming inability to put a score on the board you won't come close to me for sounding like a broken record. i have no equal.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Gilbert=Legend wrote:I would consider milne out for goose, lets face it, milne does nothing in big, important matches. For example, the 2004 PF against port, he didnothing. the last game of the 2005 season when he kicked 11 goals in dead match, the next game against adelaide, he did nothing...again.

Gilbert is a much better, smarter player than milne
I love the picture I've got in my head of Goose playing as a small forward...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
milney044
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
milney044 wrote:And for the purpose of not sounding like a broken record, I'll just say "what bigcarl said".
i wouldn't worry about it.

on things like our seeming inability to put a score on the board you won't come close to me for sounding like a broken record. i have no equal.
well it's nice to have someone with the same views as myself, seems Ross Lyon shares the same views as well, having played milne in all 22 games last year hey :wink:

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
m_m
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:
gO.SainTs wrote:For some reason, I can't wait to see Ackland against King and Gardiner... :lol:
Ackland timed himself a nice little injury so he can return next week. Even when he is fit I would think that Cloke, Hampson and Kruezer will be played before him.
yea...ackland isnt playing...he's a dud and probs carltons 4th selected ruckmen

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

so why isnt kruezer playing

m_m
Club Player

ralphysaints35 wrote:so why isnt kruezer playing
i thought he was...back from injury...must still be recovering from that hip thing (the new OP)

Solar
Saintsational Legend

no reason why we should drop this one. Best team we have had in for a very long time (only missing goose, BJ and baker) and we need to try and run them off their feet. Back our midfield against theirs, cover judd and betts (seems to always cut us up) and we are half way there

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith