Does Ross Lyon read this site? Maybe he should

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

FYI guys, as Saint66au has already alluded to, we do read all the posts/threads & act on them when we are here. As I have requested before we don't need it all to be cut & pasted or bumped to get our attention. Can some of you also check to see if a mod is actually here before you start assuming that we're not doing anything.

More than happy to moderate Sunday afternoons at double time & a half if you're willing to pay that, otherwise I will spend that time with my children. :D

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

FYI, I am an admin & mod elsewhere and I know how hard it is to read every single post.

Harvey's Deciple was on this morning and obviously didn't see this thread or the offending comments. I bumped it to alert him, but no luck. In hindsight, a simple PM would've been better.

But the desired result is the same.

For the record, the Mods here do a great voluntary job and I'd be the last to have a go.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Quite often we're at work when we jump on here & whilst I know my boss doesn't have a problem with me reading SS, I'm tipping he'd start getting annoyed if I started editing posts/sending warnings etc.

Of course, if everyone was more civil toward each other, we would be redundant. :shock:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

*BUMP*

Thought it would be nice to revisit a thread about Ross Lyon from early last year.

Was very interesting before going down the usual slanging match.

What ever happened to St.Kenny???

Ever since the winning run, he hasn't been around. :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Yes bring back the Great success Grant Thomas hey itchy head??? :roll:

Tell me how many flags did your hero win as coach?
GT took our team to the finals 3 years in a row.

How many finals will RL ever make as coach? It remains to be seen, but the portents are not good.

JB, don't be an ostrich.........
Especially like this post by mb.

Who has been the ostrich?? :D :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Some interesting reading in there but hats off to Grumpy One and SrR I think for some good observations that have become reality.
This is an opinion place but some should hang there heads...
Where is that bloke whose nick was "the dud" with the photo of Ross?

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

I posted at the start of last year that achieving a decent work rate from our players would be RL's greatest challenge...and it remains so.

Well it no longer remains so.....and the fruits are there for all to see.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:[

Especially like this post by mb.

Who has been the ostrich?? :D :D :D
Nice work Joffa. This one of Baba's is also good,

"If he fails in this, and we end up 2-3, I think that Westaway should seek out Matt Rendell wherever he is and beg him to come back and take over. Lyon and his gumby henchmen would be sacked as a job lot and Rendell allowed to bring in his own assistants.
Lyon is a joke of a coach. He was selected by a pack of imbeciles who thought that a good AFL coach was someone who performed well in a psychology test and a simulated post-match press conference. Any question of his ability to coach a team and lead a group of men didn't enter into it. "

Baba???? Hello.......... anyone there.........oh there he is over there working his way through a semi-trailer load of humble pie. Grant Thomas is providing encouragement.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Why do I need to eat humble pie? I'm not a journalist, I'm just a fan expressing my view on an online forum

I'm delighted that Lyon turned it all around after 30 or so games that were painful to watch and now the team is playing sensational footy.

I'm also delighted that he has achieved this success with mainly the same group of players who so many on here predicted were never going to make it.

Yes, I was far too impatient and pessimistic about Lyon's abilities as a coach in April-May last year. If you look at my posts, I frequently said that I hoped he would prove me wrong and he did. My bad

JB, I don't suppose it would help my cause any to point out that Lyon still hasn't coached us to three finals series in a row? :wink:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Why do I need to eat humble pie? :
If you can't see why you need to eat humble then order yourself another helping.