Make room for Ben Cousins?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

vacuous space wrote:In the US baseball, the Texas Rangers have a guy on staff who's job is to know where Josh Hamilton is at all times. I'm not saying that we have to go to that kind of measure with Cousins, but if we decide to bring him aboard, we need to look at every possible measure to make sure he stays clean and sober. We can't just take him at his word.
I dont think a minder would be the way to go for 30yr old, but it does raise another interesting point that no one has picked up on.
If BC does come back to victoria, surely his family will have more of a calming influence on him.

Seeya
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
vacuous space wrote:In the US baseball, the Texas Rangers have a guy on staff who's job is to know where Josh Hamilton is at all times. I'm not saying that we have to go to that kind of measure with Cousins, but if we decide to bring him aboard, we need to look at every possible measure to make sure he stays clean and sober. We can't just take him at his word.
I dont think a minder would be the way to go for 30yr old, but it does raise another interesting point that no one has picked up on.
If BC does come back to victoria, surely his family will have more of a calming influence on him.
Why?
Are his family living here in Melbourne?
I thought they lived in Perth like him?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
:shock: huh ???? his family are in perth how would that effect him in melb ??? :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
esaint66
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:
Hurricane wrote:I agree that the Pies will probably scoop him up.
Is that because they've got the strength of culture to handle such types (Didak, Wellingham, etc) and get the best from them?

Exactly, I thought he was trying to change his personal life rather than continue the trend whilst influencing a young list. :roll:

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

cousins i'd swap a late first rnd pick for - champions aren't so easily found - get just two good years and he has paid off.
compare our last few years 1st rnd picks to his potential.

kerr - easily worth a 1st rnd pick using the same rationale.

love them both and believe we could manage them both. affordability? set kerr up with a p/t role with a non-profit community position.

footy is changing and players are moving between clubs more and more. i think everyone's a little to draft obsessed hunting the next 'big thing'. look at soccer - man utd happily took a chance on a 'basket case' in cantona and continue to mainly pick experienced players. we don't have the luxury of such wealth but if we can fit them in then do it!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yet to see any evidence except for cousins word that he's fit or that he's clean.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Sorry thought he was a victorian lad got him confused with wirrapunda, my bad

Seeya
saintbob
SS Life Member

Cousins is the perfect fit, with the great man retiring, Cousins would provide us with the gut running and ball getting ability that Harvs has given us for 21 years. Having a good a hard look at our on ballers their is no one who will feel the void better.

Kerr would be great but his body is already starting to fall apart, Cousin's has had no serious injuries and the year off would've only freshened him up.

Don't forget RL's Sydney connection, who have always been keen to take on the Bad Boys and make them good!!!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:yet to see any evidence except for cousins word that he's fit or that he's clean.
agreed....

this years draft is full of potential champions

forget this FFS and forget Kerr ........

Gee I just cant believe the pro Kerr people on here...

He is not worth sh1t and has never been able to handle a tag in his life....

Front running nobody and not worth swapping a draft pick amongst future champions in this deep draft...

I really cant believe that so many posters don't have a clue with both cousins and kerr :roll:

NOT WORTH IT IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintbob
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
:shock: huh ???? his family are in perth how would that effect him in melb ??? :roll:
The Cousin's still own the family home in Victoria

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:yet to see any evidence except for cousins word that he's fit or that he's clean.
agreed....

Front running nobody and not worth swapping a draft pick amongst future champions in this deep draft...

I really cant believe that so many posters don't have a clue with both cousins and kerr :roll:

NOT WORTH IT IMO
Yes a crap player. Where do we get more of these crap players. I for one mustnt have a clue. I will bow to your great judgement.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
agreed....

NOT WORTH IT IMO
Yes a crap player. Where do we get more of these crap players. I for one mustnt have a clue. I will bow to your great judgement.
Blind Freddy can see that we them already ffs :roll:

Geary, Fiora, Birss, Mini, all Champions. Why would you want Kerr or BC?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.