Banger, Holding The Club Back?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

SAINT JUMP wrote:weve all got to remember we are only supporters. done of us know the instructions, the coach gives players on game day, we dont know what goes on behind close doors. some people think they own the players and club,and they should read this site to follow up on whats been said.i would say hardly any of the players, would read this site. why would they, so they can be bagged all the time, from us know alls. the players need our support, not us telling them how shyte they are, all the time.
True... but tragically some think our lack of success can be blamed on the supporters for not supporting in the right way, celebrating our champions too much and not being 'ruthless' enough.

Historically our lack of success was due to inferior resources, of late it's been poor resource management. I don't remember a single game we lost because the supporters thought too highly of Harvey, or any other player.

It's the self-loathing Saints fan syndrome we can do without, we're quite capable of winning flags with our current 'culture'.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:Essendon did the same with Hird. Sheedy simply put Hird wherever there was a leek.
Hird where there's a leek...

ImageImage

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:Essendon did the same with Hird. Sheedy simply put Hird wherever there was a leek.
Hird where there's a leek...

ImageImage
Same hairdresser? :shock:

Where the F*** do you people find these things so quickly?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
bob__71 wrote:Rodger you truly are a bigger fool than I gave you credit for. Hird and Carey didnt win games by themselves. They may have been major contributors but they still had a team around them.

And it seems your now potting a champion who is still at the club. And I believe stating opinion as fact.

Although I can already hear the response coming from the man who is so far up his own posterior that he believes his opinion is fact.
We haven't won a flag.

So it is a fact.

If we win one by playing through Roo every week, then I'll stand corrected.
How dare you be objective about our club legends. That's taboo and if you lived in Thailand... you'd sent to prison. :lol:

I still maintain that 35 is now employed by an opposition club, and that although I respect him... I iwll in no way be supportive of his success with THAT club.

Call me what you like. Poo Poo.
Totally agree.

But the argument put forward in this thread is that Harvey held St Kilda back.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
bob__71 wrote:Rodger you truly are a bigger fool than I gave you credit for. Hird and Carey didnt win games by themselves. They may have been major contributors but they still had a team around them.

And it seems your now potting a champion who is still at the club. And I believe stating opinion as fact.

Although I can already hear the response coming from the man who is so far up his own posterior that he believes his opinion is fact.
We haven't won a flag.

So it is a fact.

How dare you be objective about our club legends. That's taboo and if you lived in Thailand... you'd sent to prison. :lol:

I still maintain that 35 is now employed by an opposition club, and that although I respect him... I iwll in no way be supportive of his success with THAT club.

Totally agree.

He wasn't holding the club back.

Foolish to suggest he was.

I don't know Harves, and never trained with him so I don't for a fact, but just because he trained hard does not mean that he dragged others along with him or demanded that they do the same.

I used to get shiity reading how great it is for all the young guys to watch Harves' train and what an inspiration he is - yet we always seem to so unfit!!

bob__71
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

We haven't won a flag.

So it is a fact.

Totally agree.

Maybe the extreemness of the title reflects the frustration built up from years of never being able to say anything about the subject. If I was Robert Harvey I would be embarrassed by the overdoing of the praise.

And maybe if everyone in the team was more willing to turn around and say "Sh1t mate I'm trying my guts out here, I need some help" then they would drag others along with them. I dont know Robert, but to me he was never the ruthless type who could respectfully demand more from others. Therefore, he may not have held the club back, but his work may have covered over some gaping leadership holes, and allowed other players to not extract everything from themselves.

And the missed point of the OP, now is the chance for the young saints to put a stamp on the game, pull out the finger and prove what they are made of.

bob__71
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

We haven't won a flag.

So it is a fact.

Totally agree.

He wasn't holding the club back.

Foolish to suggest he was.

I don't know Harves, and never trained with him so I don't for a fact, but just because he trained hard does not mean that he dragged others along with him or demanded that they do the same.

I used to get shiity reading how great it is for all the young guys to watch Harves' train and what an inspiration he is - yet we always seem to so unfit!!
Geez Rodger dont do that too often...its a bit wierd to agree with you

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Reading between the lines, it would appear that the supporters accusing supporters of accusing supports who accuse the supporters of holding back the club because they are accusing said supporters of defaming Harvey... are really the ones holding back the club. :shock:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
bob__71
Club Player

Maybe the clubs just no good. and hasnt been restrained at all.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:Maybe the clubs just no good. and hasnt been restrained at all.
Some posters on here need restraints.....

:shock:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Banger, Holding The Club Back?

Pilgram wrote:You have to look at it for what it is.
He played the game tougher and harder than anyone.
However, his exit allows the new Sainters to come through.
It's now out with the old and in with the new.
This team is truly a new unit and the real deal.
There is nothing from the past that will plague this group.
They are young and funky.
I have a dream.
I have a dream that we will win the whole thing in 2010.
exactly! now if we can just get rid of all our good players! then who knows what will happen when the hacks are given a go. Umm. This post is the worst logic i ever saw!

bob__71
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:
bob__71 wrote:Maybe the clubs just no good. and hasnt been restrained at all.
Some posters on here need restraints.....

:shock:
Is that a fact or opinion?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Re: Banger, Holding The Club Back?

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Pilgram wrote:You have to look at it for what it is.
He played the game tougher and harder than anyone.
However, his exit allows the new Sainters to come through.
It's now out with the old and in with the new.
This team is truly a new unit and the real deal.
There is nothing from the past that will plague this group.
They are young and funky.
I have a dream.
I have a dream that we will win the whole thing in 2010.
exactly! now if we can just get rid of all our good players! then who knows what will happen when the hacks are given a go. Umm. This post is the worst logic i ever saw!
So you should fit right in :lol:

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

stevos2009 wrote:harvey played for himself not the team clearly

thats why the kids you have are so crap
and corruption, cheating and a pathetic set of fans is why you have so many potential flops.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

righto, didn't see you in september last year. also haven't heard your crappy club song in the last 7 years, how does it go again?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

fonz_#15 wrote:righto, didn't see you in september last year. also haven't heard your crappy club song in the last 7 years, how does it go again?
Just ignore him mate. If they guy has to come here and spam a forum, then it just shows what a muppet really is. Let him have his 15 minutes of fame. Makes him feel important.

Whooopppeeee! I'm a hero. :roll:

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

well since you and your idiot Carlton matches troll around here so much i am assuming a Carlton match is a big game..

and we make you our bitches twice a year so i hear it a lot.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

stevos2009 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:righto, didn't see you in september last year. also haven't heard your crappy club song in the last 7 years, how does it go again?
Just ignore him mate. If they guy has to come here and spam a forum, then it just shows what a muppet really is. Let him have his 15 minutes of fame. Makes him feel important.

i do consider my input valuable
So stop avoiding our question.
Did you miss the spech school bus today?
how come mummy didnt take you?

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

stevos2009 wrote:school is over
aha...dont you have something to go play with insted of trying to talk to adults? :oops: bit embarrising for you isnt it?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

ralphysaints35 wrote:
stevos2009 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

i do consider my input valuable
So stop avoiding our question.
Did you miss the spech school bus today?
how come mummy didnt take you?
Mummy was too busy playing the pokies, that's why.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Is one person capable of holding us back, or more to the fact...is one player capable of taking us forward?

Put simply, the most important two words for next year are "combined effort"

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

I can't believe this post. I wouldn't matter if he was 37 or 18 he earn't his spot in the side and played better than most week in week out end of story.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

As great as Alan Border was, the Aussie test team didn't really flourish until after he retired.

Relevance? No idea, but it sounds good.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:As great as Alan Border was, the Aussie test team didn't really flourish until after he retired.

Relevance? No idea, but it sounds good.
hopefully harvey becomes our allan border...

however people on here fail to see its not a crack at harv's...its what harv's represents as a person within the community...no fault of his own i might add

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Pilgram
Club Player

stevos2009 wrote: i do consider my input valuable
fonz_#15 wrote: and we make you our bitches twice a year so i hear it a lot.
.. perhaps stevos2009 will help banger get in touch with his feminine side?