The Richmond Situation Vs. Ours

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
homework wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Listening to Wallace's speech now at work - first class.

Football IS for the fans first and foremost, but this was an opportunity to give a bloke a second chance.

Thrilling stuff.
What site is it to listen to Wallace?
I was listening on the radio. 1116am.
Did he have Sheedy's hand up his back?
Better than Archie Fraser's.
Why?

Who is overseeing Ross Lyon like Sheedy is overseeing lame duck?

Are you suggesting Frasier runs Lyon?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:I just don't know if we as supporters can ever be certain that Ben is clean when players who weren't were running around freely this year (unsure if that's common knowledge?).
That's the most outrageous bit about the whole thing.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Why?

Who is overseeing Ross Lyon like Sheedy is overseeing lame duck?

Are you suggesting Frasier runs Lyon?
Someone definately.

Isn't that why we have a new football dept.? So the coach can just coach? And not do anything else?

From my understanding, Lyon only coaches on game day - the rest is done by our all-star new shiny modern Football Department.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
Richter wrote:
I wanted BC at St Kilda and don't like it that we were fobbed off by the board instead of getting the real reasons, whatever they are. But isn't wasn't it time to draw a line under this a fortnight ago when we decided not to draft him?

We'll see it play out next year. See if his hammys are ok, see if he can still perform..... and most importantly see if he can stay off the gear....
Not really.

I never simply accepted the War in Iraq once it was official we were going.

Obviously very different levels of importance we're talking about - however the point is that the Board of a footy club does not deserve unreserved support once they've made decisions. Infact the opposite. They should be held very accountable constantly, not left alone and with complete support until the next election - they should be kept on their toes constantly.

The same as governments.

You don't have to support your government and blindly and sheepishly follow and support their every decision to love your country.

This concept of simply accepting the Board's decisions cause we support the club is not my style.
I support the club - not the Board. The Board has a constant challenge to earn support. They don't get it simply because they're lucky enough to be running my club.
Who keeps you on your toes, Rodge?

Yeah... keep the bastartds honest!!! It's a footy club FFS. Wanna make a difference? Run for a board position.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:
homework wrote: I have brought next years membership to idiot (so now I am an idiot because I asked you about your membership) :roll: I didn't say piss off i said if you wanna start any fights well then piss off!
then you have the audacity to say that I want to start fights :roll:

it's called debating the issues

if it gets too heavy for you, maybe you should leave
So now you're stalking Homie? Mate, debating is one thing, but baiting and ridiculing others on a constant basis with sarcasm and defamatory remarks is another thing. Take your thread on us missing the 8 for example. Like I said, if you want to throw grenades liek RF does, at least have the same amount of intelligence he has and back it up with reasonable arguements.

Why not post something intelligent instead of simply taking a contrary position to people you disagree with, and then try and outwit them?

Seriously, it says more about you than it does about them. Howevr, given your obvious lack of self respect and need to be argumentative to get attention... I'm probably wasting my time.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
Yeah... keep the bastartds honest!!! It's a footy club FFS. Wanna make a difference? Run for a board position.
Or do what the Swans fans did with Roos.

Or what the Tigers fans have done.

You don't simply have to blindly and sheepishly follow the Board.

older saint
SS Life Member

Richmond picked Cousins because it has a lame duck president who already dislikes the coach and is completely guided by K Sheedy. Works perfectly for him no finals Wallace gone, Finals he is the saviour.
Wallace has to agree as without finals he is gone, if not gone anyway.
Sheedy has a messiah complex, but not really great success with "troubled players" despite his willingness to be seem as the guide to all - Zantuck, Murphy , Lovett just to name a few of his attempted resurections.

Banger2Plugger
Club Player

I hear Walt Disney are announcing a new show to go on tour during our winter....

Tigers on Ice!

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?
sainteronline

WayneJudson42 wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
homework wrote: I have brought next years membership to idiot (so now I am an idiot because I asked you about your membership) :roll: I didn't say piss off i said if you wanna start any fights well then piss off!

So now you're stalking Homie? Mate, debating is one thing, but baiting and ridiculing others on a constant basis with sarcasm and defamatory remarks is another thing. Take your thread on us missing the 8 for example. Like I said, if you want to throw grenades liek RF does, at least have the same amount of intelligence he has and back it up with reasonable arguements.

Why not post something intelligent instead of simply taking a contrary position to people you disagree with, and then try and outwit them?

Seriously, it says more about you than it does about them. Howevr, given your obvious lack of self respect and need to be argumentative to get attention... I'm probably wasting my time.
so it would seem that I am stalking everybody who disagrees with me

I thought this forum was for debate

usually try to do that against people who disagree with you and try to outwit them to prove your point

isn't that what debating is all about

you talk about my lack of self-respect

yet you are the one chasing respect on an Internet forum

get a life

Saints94
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:
homework wrote:
sainteronline wrote:

I called you an idiot because if im a passionate saints supporter than why the hell wouldn't I have a saints membership for next season (ummm let me see in the current economic climate, maybe because you don't have any money, I don't know, I only posed the question no need to resort to calling somebody an "idiot") ...... I don't need to leave if im not starting any fights mate
I do believe that if you are calling somebody an idiot, for asking a perfectly reasonable question

you are starting fights

mate
Im not trying to start any fights FFS im a passionate saints supporter who has a membership END OF STORY :evil:

Saints94
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
sainteronline wrote:

usually try to do that against people who disagree with you and try to outwit them to prove your point

you talk about my lack of self-respect

yet you are the one chasing respect on an Internet forum

get a life
Mate we all have lives as passionate saints supporters :wink:

sainteronline

homework wrote:
mate
Im not trying to start any fights FFS im a passionate saints supporter who has a membership END OF STORY :evil:[/quote]

then why call me an idiot

wwhen i ask a reasonable question

SaintDippa
Club Player

- sorry if this has already been answered ....

Now Cousins in on an AFL list - does the 3 x week drug testing start now?

When is the first hair sample required?

Saints94
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:
homework wrote:
mate
Im not trying to start any fights FFS im a passionate saints supporter who has a membership END OF STORY :evil:
then why call me an

wwhen i ask a reasonable question[/quote]I'm a passionate st.kilda supporter i were something of st.kilda werever i go, so its pretty clear that a fan like me would have a membership :roll:
Last edited by Saints94 on Tue 16 Dec 2008 2:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

sainteronline wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote: I voted for them to do their job. Now I'm happy to let them do it as they see fit. When the next vote comes along, then I will exercise my right as a member and vote accordingly.
so let's all just sit on our hands

and keep quiet

i'm pretty sure that's the attitude that Fitzroy supporters had
OMG, the sky is falling!

Too many whingers on this board bitching about everything that happens and every decision that is made. No wonder most of the people who used to make this site interesting are long gone. There's more vitriol directed at the club here than on Big Footy...

A lot of you pea-hearts should just follow your messiah Benny to Richmond, you'll fit in prefectly...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
sainteronline

homework wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
homework wrote:
mate

I'm a passionate st.kilda supporter i were something of st.kilda werever i go, so its pretty clear that a fan like me would have a membership :roll:[/quote]

no iknow plenty of supporters who wear saints gear but aren't members
also i dont know you or what you wear
try again

Saints94
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:
homework wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
homework wrote:
mate

I'm a passionate st.kilda supporter i were something of st.kilda werever i go, so its pretty clear that a fan like me would have a membership :roll:
try again[/quote]FFS I called you an idiot because I have a membership and i've posted that i have one on here many times and you have been here longer than me so thats why i called you an idio8 :roll:
Last edited by Saints94 on Tue 16 Dec 2008 2:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

sainteronline wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
sainteronline wrote:

It also might be to learn something other than your own view on things?
Some, I actually suspect many, come on here to discuss, debate and learn things about our beloved Club.

Others it would appear seem to primarily want to 'earn debating points'.

IMHO if that is your reason for coming on it might prove more worthwhile to first determine the age and abilities of those you are trying to earn those debating points from?
Not much satisfaction I would have thought proving you are a better debater than a kid is there?

sainteronline

homework wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
homework wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
homework wrote:
mate

I'm a passionate st.kilda supporter i were something of st.kilda werever i go, so its pretty clear that a fan like me would have a membership :roll:
try again
FFS I called you an idiot because I have a membership and i've posted that i have one on here many times and you have been here longer than me so thats why i called you an IDIOT! :roll:[/quote]

I just got accused of trolling peoples posts and stalking them

Now you expect me to go through all of your posts and read them

so that I can find out you have a membership

to tell you the truth I don't even actually pay much attention to your posts as I don't think you have anything worthwhile to say

once again you have proved me correct

so once again why am I an idiot?

Like I said it was a perfectly reasonable question
Last edited by sainteronline on Tue 16 Dec 2008 2:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

sainteronline

Mr Magic wrote:
It also might be to learn something other than your own view on things? (That's why I'm here, if you can prove my point of view wrong, then I am quite happy to change my view, unfortunately nobody on here has been able to do that with a substantial argument)
Some, I actually suspect many, come on here to discuss, debate and learn things about our beloved Club.

Others it would appear seem to primarily want to 'earn debating points'.

IMHO if that is your reason for coming on it might prove more worthwhile to first determine the age and abilities of those you are trying to earn those debating points from?
Not much satisfaction I would have thought proving you are a better debater than a kid is there?[/quote]

I don't know about you but in my book

they are never too young or too old to learn :wink:

Azzam I 8-)

Saints94
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:
homework wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
homework wrote:
sainteronline wrote:
homework wrote:
mate

try again
FFS I called you an idiot because I have a membership and i've posted that i have one on here many times and you have been here longer than me so thats why i called you an IDIOT! :roll:
I just got accused of trolling peoples posts and stalking them

Now you expect me to go through all of your posts and read them

so that I can find out you have a membership

to tell you the truth I don't even actually pay much attention to your posts as I don't think you have anything worthwhile to say

once again you have proved me correct

so once again why am I an

Like I said it was a perfectly reasonable question[/quote]And tell me who reads your posts :roll: I have improved with my posting thank you very much and anyway why are you reading my posts now
Last edited by Saints94 on Tue 16 Dec 2008 2:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Obviously a lot of people here know more about Cousins than Lyon and the board of the Saints. Let Richmond do their grab for more memberships, but at some stage, our club needed to make a stand and commit to youth in order to win a flag, instead of the failed system which has plagued the Saints for years, of propping up the list with older recycled players who are past their prime. I hope Cousins kicks his habit, but in our case, the club chosen not to bring someone on board with baggage, and IMHO, that's better for younger players and supporters alike.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
Or do what the Swans fans did with Roos.

Or what the Tigers fans have done.

You don't simply have to blindly and sheepishly follow the Board.
The front page on today's paper is the most pathetic sight of a bunch of supporters who are so starved off success that they want BC.

If we were that strongly in favour... where were our supporters when we were about to make the decision. Granted that all signs pointed to us picking him... but hwre was the passion from our supporters?

For whatever the reason was... it must have been a very improtant one to have meeting last 4 hours, and eventually decide not to get him.

There was no real pressure from our supporters... so now they have to live with the decision.

If they wanted an outcome, they should have been writing letters and marching up and down Linton St to let the club know how they felt.

If that makes me a sheep in your eyes, that's your insignificant opnion.

Don't like it? Stiff. Like I said, run for the board and make a difference.

How about we move on and look forward to 2009?
Last edited by WayneJudson42 on Tue 16 Dec 2008 2:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

sainteronline

homework wrote: I have improved with my posting thank you very much and anyway why are you reading my posts now IDIOT
because you replied to one of my posts

oops

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Obviously a lot of people here know more about Cousins than Lyon and the board of the Saints. Let Richmond do their grab for more memberships, but at some stage, our club needed to make a stand and commit to youth in order to win a flag, instead of the failed system which has plagued the Saints for years, of propping up the list with older recycled players who are past their prime. I hope Cousins kicks his habit, but in our case, the club chosen not to bring someone on board with baggage, and IMHO, that's better for younger players and supporters alike.
I think you miss the point Spert... BC isn't just another recycled player past his prime... he would have taken us to the next level and we would have won the flag next year.

It's a given that he will perform to his past abilities. Can't you see that?

Oh, yeah that's right... we only wanted him because he deserves a 2nd chance. Perhaps if Mother Theresa was still alive, she could become our next President.