Game lost at selection table

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
BigMart wrote:I see that some still resort to persoanl insults because they can add very little football wise........ a fool, and arrogant wanker......well maybe....

but I will have the courage to give my opinions prior.....rather than sit back like a softcock and trot out I told you so - in hindsight.....in attempt to look like a hero.......if the best thing you can do is prove me wrong (after the event) :roll:

make some actual comment about footy.....rather than just responding to others opinions.....and understand that everyone is entitled to an opinion

here is a few more opinions

Next week
Eddy, McEvoy and most likely Gwilt will make way for Gardiner, Koschitzke and one of Geary/Armo/Ball.......

and like my prediction about Dempster being back in the side inside a month (which was bagged) and Gwilt being dropped the first time....I am pretty sure I will be right...

Do you disagree????????

Is McEvoy better than Gardiner????
Is Gwilt better than Kosi??????
Is Eddy better than the above named ?????

Come on....honest opinions....

Finally, 8 changes - NO

but 4/5 injuries between now and R22 is a possibility yes????
To be fair some have proved you wrong before the event and not after the event. So you can stop those rolling eyes right there...

Your question about McEvoy better than Gardiner is ridiculous, how about posting the question is McEvoy better than King???

is mcevoy bewtter than king...no.....will he ever be....maybe in 6 or 7 years time........king was a no 1 draft pick.......and it shows.....
the key word is WAS ....

and now BigMark or Marto or what ever he chooses to call himself now days, compared Gardiner to McEvy

Mart shold get off the turps and remember his his password for starters :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: I agree.......a poor selection...
I would have to say that your opinion here on selection was spectacularly wrong

Do you agree with this??
BigMart wrote:Riewoldt may have three opponents....his, plus eddy's and Gwilts to contend with.....because they will pay about as much respect to them as England pay to our <GOBowlingAttack
OK you said "may" - but again your opinionated inference here was wrong

Do you agree with this??

and yes Gardiner will more than likely replace McEvoy (dependant on the progress of his injury)

and yes Kosi will more than likely replace Gwilt or Eddy

and as the SCG is a small tight ground and there may be a lot of stoppages one of Ball or Armo might come in for their in and under work

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Game lost at selection table

Wolfpak wrote:With the absence of Kosi, we only now have one tall forward being in Roo.
The bulldogs will double tag Roo and we will loose game.
No Gardiner or Goose. Huge problem. Maybe Gilbert will play forward.
Again Stkilda you are going back to your old tricks.. ......
What is wrong with Gardner and Ball and why will you not play Goose.
Please let us supporters know.
lol @ you.

see sig for details

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Very big of you bigmart to say Kosi and MG will return next week for the obvious Ben and Jimmy.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
the key word is WAS ....
:
they are not in the same league mate...for pure ruck work......the kid gets off the ground and is taking a few marks...good on him.....but he has years before he will be able to ruck half as well as king ..if ever.....also king does all the bullocking work...throws his body around...the opposition are wary of him...not of mcevoy.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
the key word is WAS ....
:
they are not in the same league mate...for pure ruck work......the kid gets off the ground and is taking a few marks...good on him.....but he has years before he will be able to ruck half as well as king ..if ever.....also king does all the bullocking work...throws his body around...the opposition are wary of him...not of mcevoy.....
good post. It has been great for Macs development to play

1) in this team at the moment
2) with both Gardiner and then King as partners
3) in some very big games.

and he is improving every game - however King/Gardiner are No.1 and 2 ruckman and if fit will remain so for this season.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: they are not in the same league mate...for pure ruck work......the kid gets off the ground and is taking a few marks...good on him.....but he has years before he will be able to ruck half as well as king ..if ever.....also king does all the bullocking work...throws his body around...the opposition are wary of him...not of mcevoy.....
King contributes a lot more than is measured by the stats. His physical presence aroudn the ground and at stoppages is a massive plus for us. Easily the preferred option to McEvoy at this stage.

Winmar
Club Player

degruch wrote:Is GOP really an insult...I though OP would be, but GOP at least suggests a player has some right to be on the ground. You were wrong mate, just admit it, go away or move on.
I thought I'd worked out that GOP stood for Good On Paper, until your post. I assume On Paper isn't an insult.

Soooo......what does GOP stand for? :)

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Winmar wrote:
degruch wrote:Is GOP really an insult...I though OP would be, but GOP at least suggests a player has some right to be on the ground. You were wrong mate, just admit it, go away or move on.
I thought I'd worked out that GOP stood for Good On Paper, until your post. I assume On Paper isn't an insult.

:D I had no idea when I first got on here either...GOP = Good Ordinary Player. Two of our GOP's (according to BigMart) kicked 3 goals for us, the other contributed very well around the ground...not bad inclusions IMO.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Winmar wrote:

originally a jack dyer saying...stands for good ordinary player......

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I think it was phrased by Jack Dyer back in the 70's or 80's - used the term referring to someone as a "Good Ordinary Player", someone who was a bit better than an average ordinary player.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

[quote]His thoughts on players also made for hilarious television such as when he described then boom Carlton recruit Peter Bosustow in the early 1980’s as “a good, ordinary player.â€

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:I think it was phrased by Jack Dyer back in the 70's or 80's - used the term referring to someone as a "Good Ordinary Player", someone who was a bit better than an average ordinary player.
snap....identical time.......once again....great minds.................. :wink: :lol:

Winmar
Club Player

Ah thanks! I'm very familiar with the expression, but hadn't seen 'GOP' before.