Official 2010 AFL Premiership season Fixture

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think twilight games are harder for parents with kids that need to go to school the next day? It works for me with a two year old actually, but I could see the difficulty when the kids are a bit older....

Collingwoods fixture is no big deal, it does them no favours to have a soft draw....they will probably make up the numbers again this year.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong...

This season we had 5 away interstate games...

Next season we have 6 away interstate games...

Geelong had 5 last year, any idea how many they have next year?

Also just how many Victorian Clubs travel interstate (home matches) next season that equals 6???

Just how many away interstate games do the Bulldogs, Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood and Hawthorn have???

Not happy with 6 interstate matches
for some reason everyone thinks we only had 5 interstate this year? we had 6, are people forgetting tazzie? 1 perth, 2 adelaide, 1 sydney, 1 qld, 1 tazzie
next year we have 6, just replace the tazzie with perth.

geelong (from memory) had 5 last year (2 perth, 1 aami vs adelaide in abblets 150th, 1 sydney at anz stadium, and 1 gabba where they lost)
this year they have the exact same.
Dools, I was mentioning about (away) interstate matches, yes we played at the Gold Coast but that was our home game.

so we have 6 interstate away game (1 extra away game) the same as last year (last year we played a home game at the Gold Coast)...

Geelong had 5, they win the premiership and have 5 next season and we still remain on 6 interstate games....
A bit early to be looking for excuses.
FFS I am not looking for excuses, I am looking for a fair deal.

and am asking why the flower we get to play 6 interstate and yet the premiers play 5 and the Hawks play just 3, if you exclude their 4 home tassie games.

I just feel we always get ripped off with playing more interstate matches than most other Victorian Clubs and thats been happening for years

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Batnoe

Regarding the interstate games the St Fids brought up

We may have 6, but all teams outside Vic have at least 10, so they have to travel more often... What happens if we finish in the 8 but not at a home game and we have to play Adelaide, Brisbane, West Coast? at least we will have practice playing away from home

Take it we get more interstate games, but we play only 2 teams in top 6 and Hawks only once, which means we play bottom 8 teams more often

Ill take that