Lovett Caught Drinking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

S.A Saint
Club Player

stmac35 wrote:They've released a statement:
http://www.realfooty.com.au/articles/20 ... 05193.html
St Kilda footballer Andrew Lovett is facing a police charge of being drunk in a public place, the AFL club announced on Monday night.

A St Kilda statement said the incident happened when Lovett, while on annual leave, was celebrating his birthday with friends at a private residence in St Kilda early Saturday morning.
Doesn't sound too bad...
he ended up getting drunk on his birthday at a club/bar was prob walking home in that state or might have even been going to hotel room or whatever and some cops though to make a name for themselves decided to arrest him due to his name...i would be worried if he assaulted, bashed, or something along those lines a civilian or the police officer...

hopefully he learns that the pre season is about to start and needs to focus on training..
he just wanted to blow off some steam before the season starts...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
St Kilda footballer Andrew Lovett is facing a police charge of being drunk in a public place, the AFL club announced on Monday night.

A St Kilda statement said the incident happened when Lovett, while on annual leave, was celebrating his birthday with friends at a private residence in St Kilda early Saturday morning.
Doesn't sound too bad...
he ended up getting drunk on his birthday at a club/bar was prob walking home in that state or might have even been going to hotel room or whatever and some cops though to make a name for themselves decided to arrest him due to his name...i would be worried if he assaulted, bashed, or something along those lines a civilian or the police officer...

hopefully he learns that the pre season is about to start and needs to focus on training..
So everyone who gets arrested for being drunk has to be a name. If thats the case what is my name? Its no big deal but dont make excuses for him especially with his form.

ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:

Doesn't sound too bad...

So everyone who gets arrested for being drunk has to be a name. If thats the case what is my name? Its no big deal but dont make excuses for him especially with his form.
Your name, that's easy.
You are so in love with yourself it has to been Kevin Rudd.

Oops :oops:
Gee, I hope I don't get banned for revealing your name Kevin.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
groupie1
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:Haven't seen any story on HS website.

Very disappointing if true, but don't have paper so would like to read the story or hear the official confirmation first.
I respectfully request we agree to stop discussing this.

It's media beat-up. Inside word is the swine didn't like it, but were forced to go through because of Lovett's profile. Media wanted a story, in other words, and swine had no choice but to act (the right people in swine hierarchy ears will get you what you want). There was nothing at all criminal involved in this, which is why no charges were pressed.

Poor guy celebrating his 27th birthday can't be left alone even off-season. So let's leave him alone. If the club takes issue with it, which they will be forced to, let them do it inside the club.

If smart people like us realise when footballers with a colorful history do something a normal person might do, and it's a slow news week, the media will find a way to involve the swine and get a front-pager out of it, and we stop responding to it, stop buying, and I hate to name names, but stop buying a newspaper with a first name beginning with 'H', the nonsense will stop.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
undecided
Club Player

Fox Sports News scroller wrote:Andrew Lovett's St Kilda career is already on the ropes after being charged with being drunk in public.

groupie1
Club Player

Didn't I respectfully ask we stop discussing this?

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

This is a discussion forum groupie1, you cant expect people to stop disusing things just because you ask. If you dont like the thread dont read it

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:Didn't I respectfully ask we stop discussing this?
and IMHO if by swine you mean pigs = police...I reckon Id respectfully ask you to stop using that term :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I voted yes to sack him.

I mean the pollis so ludicrious that I just had to vote yes :D :D

A H-S poll - lol :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Appreciate the respect, but it is not your call if we continue or no.

I would respectfully requested you PM the mods who can lock the thread if deemed appropriate

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's a bit late for respecting players privacy on here I would have thought?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I will respectfully and impatiently wait for our leadership group to rule on this matter.

Impatiently? because I'm a Sticky Nose and they won't rule on it until next week !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:

Very disappointing if true, but don't have paper so would like to read the story or hear the official confirmation first.

It's media beat-up. Inside word is the swine didn't like it, but were forced to go through because of Lovett's profile. Media wanted a story, in other words, and swine had no choice but to act (the right people in swine hierarchy ears will get you what you want). There was nothing at all criminal involved in this, which is why no charges were pressed.

Poor guy celebrating his 27th birthday can't be left alone even off-season. So let's leave him alone. If the club takes issue with it, which they will be forced to, let them do it inside the club.

If smart people like us realise when footballers with a colorful history do something a normal person might do, and it's a slow news week, the media will find a way to involve the swine and get a front-pager out of it, and we stop responding to it, stop buying, and I hate to name names, but stop buying a newspaper with a first name beginning with 'H', the nonsense will stop.
I respectfully suggest you are full of sh!t. Inside word? Give us all a break. I will nearly guarantee you that the arresting coppers would have had no idea who he was. Not everyone is obsessed by footy like those of us who subscribe to footy forums. It's not like he's Wayne Carey, or Nick Riewoldt. He's been in the system about 5-6 years and never finished in a top 10 in the bombers B&F. If they could have off loaded him to someone to take care of him they would have.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:

What a crock of shite...so the coppers arrested him & locked him up because the media wanted it, spare me! (respectfully of course)

You're right about one thing though, it is a slow news week seeing this happened last week & now Tiger has left, the newspapers are desperate for anything to fill their sports sections. It's also a slow forum week / month(s) so for those of us on here it does make for a discussion topic in terms of him being our player and how we all view the incident & how we'd like to see it handled.

Storm in a teacup hopefully & until the players hit the track and the draft is done it's stories like these that will unfortunately grow legs.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

For your information, the only people that would have had any imput as to whether he should be arrested or not would be the arresting officers. No one else.

S.A Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:

Doesn't sound too bad...

You are an idiot...but that's beside the point

when you get drunk of course you are going to be in a public place...i mean he was walking down the street ffs and how else are you going to get from lets say one bar to another than walk...and the only reason him being arrested was due to his high profile (just in case plugger misses the point again)...i say good on him for not abusing the hell out of them and getting himself into more crap...

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I am unimpressed. This is not how you behave when you are turning over a new leaf. Give him another chance, but do it again, and your out. I have faith that Ross will handle it in the appropriate manner. Interesting to note is the Roo wasn't keen on getting him.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Moods
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:

Doesn't sound too bad...

when you get drunk of course you are going to be in a public place...i mean he was walking down the street ffs and how else are you going to get from lets say one bar to another than walk...and the only reason him being arrested was due to his high profile (just in case plugger misses the point again)...i say good on him for not abusing the hell out of them and getting himself into more crap...
Gee you know this for a fact how? Couldn't possibly be that he was so drunk that he wasn't able to take care of himself? Have you always lived in S.A.? Do you even know the laws of Victoria? We are the only state to have public drunkeness as an offence. The coppers use it to lock up violent aggressive drunks who aren't committing specific offences. For their own good and everyone elses they are taken off the street. OR for blokes who are so pi$$ed that it would be dangerous to leave them in someone elses care as they need to be constantly monitored. There are degrees of drunkeness you know. Other people are locked up b/c they are drunk, but CAN be taken care of by someone else, but there is no-one at that time to do it.

But no - you who knows all, has decided that the coppers, (who probably wouldn't have the first clue who Lovett is) have decided to make a name for themselves.

I just conducted a straw poll in my office - 90% of people said they wouldn't have a clue who Lovett was unless they had read about him in the paper this morning. That's right - I'm a copper!

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:I am unimpressed. This is not how you behave when you are turning over a new leaf. Give him another chance, but do it again, and your out. I have faith that Ross will handle it in the appropriate manner. Interesting to note is the Roo wasn't keen on getting him.
Have not heard Roo say that.

A journo....states it's understood Roo does not.............................

not like a journo to beat it up further.......

why do so many take it as fact/truth if in paper...especially when terms like ''it's understood../....according to sources

saint4life
mick13
Club Player

chook23 wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:I am unimpressed. This is not how you behave when you are turning over a new leaf. Give him another chance, but do it again, and your out. I have faith that Ross will handle it in the appropriate manner. Interesting to note is the Roo wasn't keen on getting him.
Have not heard Roo say that.

A journo....states it's understood Roo does not.............................

not like a journo to beat it up further.......

why do so many take it as fact/truth if in paper...especially when terms like ''it's understood../....according to sources
Prezactly. Im pretty sure if Roo didn't want him...he wouldn't be at St Kilda.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The more enlightened States and Territories have decriminalised public drunkenness. You simply get taken into protective custody until you are sober enough to get home under your own steam. No charges are laid and you don't end up with a criminal record, or in the case of Lovett, being publicly humiliated.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:The more enlightened States and Territories have decriminalised public drunkenness. You simply get taken into protective custody until you are sober enough to get home under your own steam. No charges are laid and you don't end up with a criminal record, or in the case of Lovett, being publicly humiliated.
To avoid public humiliation

1) Dont get so pissed that the police take an interest in you
2) If you want to get that pissed and the police take an interest in you - don't by an AFL listed player.

Seems like this doesn't sink in with Mr Lovett.

Lance or James??

S.A Saint
Club Player

Moods wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:

Doesn't sound too bad...

Gee you know this for a fact how? Couldn't possibly be that he was so drunk that he wasn't able to take care of himself? Have you always lived in S.A.? Do you even know the laws of Victoria? We are the only state to have public drunkeness as an offence. The coppers use it to lock up violent aggressive drunks who aren't committing specific offences. For their own good and everyone elses they are taken off the street. OR for blokes who are so pi$$ed that it would be dangerous to leave them in someone elses care as they need to be constantly monitored. There are degrees of drunkeness you know. Other people are locked up b/c they are drunk, but CAN be taken care of by someone else, but there is no-one at that time to do it.

But no - you who knows all, has decided that the coppers, (who probably wouldn't have the first clue who Lovett is) have decided to make a name for themselves.

I just conducted a straw poll in my office - 90% of people said they wouldn't have a clue who Lovett was unless they had read about him in the paper this morning. That's right - I'm a copper!
mate i couldn't careless who you are or what you do, it doesn't make you anymore important than anybody else.....

No i do not know your laws..however if you made a another poll at work and asked how many people have been arrested while s*** faced in public im sure 90% would say that they haven't...

and the the highlighted part it doesn't say that he was being aggressive or violent, and im sure if he was it would have been included in the story to add fuel to the fire...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:

Doesn't sound too bad...

Im an idiot. that may be so but you are obviously dumb. I have been locked up for 4 hours once before and I have no profile at all. I love the way you know exactly what happened. Excuses excuses.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
and IMHO if by swine you mean pigs = police...I reckon Id respectfully ask you to stop using that term :-)
ditto to that - poor form.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "