Faaaarrkkk...... (Sex media beat-up thread)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Why is this a story???

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Some of things written here amaze me. Firstly it isnt a media beat up. It deserves media attention because players whether we like it or not are role models and this stuff is 1990's stuff. Secondly 2 of them. When will they learn. Whether she got pregnant or not why do 3somes. Always a chance to get out that sort of stuff. Also it is illegal if she is under 18 and is a virgin. Hard to prove but that is the law.

It is a stupid thing to have a 3some, especially when 2 are males and yes it may have been one after the other, and they better be truthful that they didnt remember her from a footy clinic because that wouldnt be good.

The other thing is they say her facebook page says she is 19 well they obviously didnt look that up before the sex so to me that immaterial.

Whatever way we look at it, it isnt good for the club.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

What is the legal age in NSW?

In Victoria its 16.....

oneteam
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Some of things written here amaze me. Firstly it isnt a media beat up. It deserves media attention because players whether we like it or not are role models and this stuff is 1990's stuff. Secondly 2 of them. When will they learn. Whether she got pregnant or not why do 3somes. Always a chance to get out that sort of stuff. Also it is illegal if she is under 18 and is a virgin. Hard to prove but that is the law.

It is a stupid thing to have a 3some, especially when 2 are males and yes it may have been one after the other, and they better be truthful that they didnt remember her from a footy clinic because that wouldnt be good.

The other thing is they say her facebook page says she is 19 well they obviously didnt look that up before the sex so to me that immaterial.

Hang on . There is no suggestion that they both had sex with her at the same time , or even at the same place.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote: Also it is illegal if she is under 18 and is a virgin. Hard to prove but that is the law.

Are you a lawyer? My understanding is that virgin or not has nothing to do with it.

How do you know what they looked up? If they met in Sydney and then exchanged details, there is every chance that they were also connected via facebook

Furtius Quo Rdelious
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

oneteam wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Some of things written here amaze me. Firstly it isnt a media beat up. It deserves media attention because players whether we like it or not are role models and this stuff is 1990's stuff. Secondly 2 of them. When will they learn. Whether she got pregnant or not why do 3somes. Always a chance to get out that sort of stuff. Also it is illegal if she is under 18 and is a virgin. Hard to prove but that is the law.

Hang on . There is no suggestion that they both had sex with her at the same time , or even at the same place.
Why mention 2 then. We shall see. If it is only one and she is legal, yes it is a none issue. Lets hope so and it will die a quick death.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Also it is illegal if she is under 18 and is a virgin. Hard to prove but that is the law.

Are you a lawyer? My understanding is that virgin or not has nothing to do with it.

How do you know what they looked up? If they met in Sydney and then exchanged details, there is every chance that they were also connected via facebook
But didnt they have sex in Sydney?

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

It doesn't say that in the article.

If it happened, I'm guessing it happened in Melbourne
She then reintroduced herself to the two players in Sydney, after St Kilda's Round 1 match against the Swans on March 27.

Mobile phone numbers were exchanged, and the girl at the centre of the allegations again met the Saints players in Melbourne.
Do they even stay in Sydney after a night match?

Furtius Quo Rdelious
bigred
Saintsational Legend

OMFG this is hilarious.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Bardon Saint
Club Player

So let me get this right. A player from the saints has had unprotected sex with another adult. She is pregnant. People make babies all the time (or at least practice). Hmm. I'm not following, what is the hype about? Wow this has been really blown up.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

What is her age?

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Spinner wrote:What is her age?
She told the players 18. Her facebook said 19. Go figure? Still unconfirmed

oneteam
Club Player

Bardon Saint wrote:
Spinner wrote:What is her age?
She told the players 18. Her facebook said 19. Go figure? Still unconfirmed
As long as it is 16, no problem.

oneteam
Club Player

plugger66 wrote: .

Why mention 2 then. We shall see. If it is only one and she is legal, yes it is a none issue. Lets hope so and it will die a quick death
.[/quote]

They mention two, because they say she had sex with both guys . But they do not say it was at the same time. I share your conclusion.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

From what Tim Watson has just said on SEN it will die a quick death as long as the girl is og legal age. What will not die a quick death is for the public to know the names of these guys.

I suppose the question is do we name them for their good and every player at the clubs do. I have no answer to this. Obviously names will get out but will they be right.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Ch 9 News reported that the girl is 16, but told the players she was 18.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I can't believe nobody else has not focused on this point:

Why have unprotected sex? Use a condom for God's sake!

What does everyone thnk the club should impose on the two players should this prove to be valid?

What is a fair punishment?

I think they should be dropped indefinitely, not sacked like the Lovett case - as many here have stated, it is most likely a couple of the younger stupid players.

Hopefully nothing much will come out of this but it is just going to get messy.

I'm not sure I have the plums to go on Bigfooty anymore. This sort of thing usually riles me up when I read it. Might just avoid it for the next few weeks.
Last edited by OneEyedSainter77 on Wed 26 May 2010 9:12am, edited 1 time in total.

St Michele
Club Player

There are a couple of issues here.. one she openly says she lied about her age and followed the players for goodness sake they are but human.

'She then reintroduced herself to the two players in Sydney,
Mobile phone numbers were exchanged, and the girl at the centre of the allegations again met the Saints players in Melbourne.'

Just reading this I don't think the players/club/AFL have anything to worry about, there are no claims of anything illegal except maybe that they met her at a school clinic which they don't remember.

I do however question the parenting of this girl, why would you let your daughter go interstate for a start if she was that young without supervision?? Do parent not know or care what their children are doing.

Why do these young women just want to share their stories in the paper do they have no respect for themselves. Her poor child what sort of future does he/she have.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

anyone have the statistics for Unplanned pregnancies,
anyone have the stats for young men being accused of being fathers and then finding out it wasn't them
anyone have the stats for Footballers being ' caught" and not just by 16 yr olds
I'm thinking even amongst the SS fraternity there would be a percentage of 'Happy events'

I'd say the later would have gone down in recent years but as with other issues currently in the media- there's every chance it's actually a lower % of footballers who get ' caught' than the general population......

SELF respect... by all parties is called for....

when meeting a young lady maybe they should wait till they met their Mothers or Fathers before acting or atleast go out several times or find a mutual friend......... I can understand why some footballers may become ' Unsociable......" and never go out...
Last edited by saintbrat on Wed 26 May 2010 9:29am, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:I can't believe nobody else has not focused on this point:

there is only way sure way to have ' SAFE' Sex- abstinance

protection is reknowned for failure....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:I can't believe nobody else has not focused on this point:

there is only way sure way to have ' SAFE' Sex- abstinance

protection is reknowned for failure....
Good point. But we're most likely talking about red blooded males here, so I doubt they would even be thinking of abstinence.

As long as it is consensual and she is over legal age, I can't see how this would be a problem. I still want to see the guilty parties disciplined though for being so friggen stupid!!!!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe that EVERYONE seems to have missed the part in the article that says

THE POLICE HAVE BEEN BEEN NOTIFIED AND ARE INVESTIGATING :shock:

The police do not get notified just because a girl falls pregnant. They don't investigate unless they have been notified of a crime. They THEN investigate to see if a crime has in fact been committed. DHS do not get notified just because a teenager over 16 falls pregnant.

St Michele
Club Player

Saintsfan wrote:I might get flamed for this however younger females are smarter than what they let on.

Men (in general) are dumb as dogshit and the younger 'facebook/myspace photo posing scrags' know what they are doing.

Who knows where this is going however I am going to back the club and the players involved until they are proven otherwise.

Some females are little whores at times and that young little sluts parents (along with the 'woman' herself) have some answering to do.
that is really offensive

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I can't believe that EVERYONE seems to have missed the part in the article that says

The police do not get notified just because a girl falls pregnant. They don't investigate unless they have been notified of a crime. They THEN investigate to see if a crime has in fact been committed. DHS do not get notified just because a teenager over 16 falls pregnant.
She's under age.

The investigation, and this whole 'issue' appears to be whether it was Statutory Rape or not.

Hence it being an issue. And hence the police being involved.

ie. if they knew she was under-age then they're rooted (pardon the pun).

Moods
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Moods wrote:I can't believe that EVERYONE seems to have missed the part in the article that says

She's under age.

The investigation, and this whole 'issue' appears to be whether it was Statutory Rape or not.

Hence it being an issue. And hence the police being involved.

ie. if they knew she was under-age then they're rooted (pardon the pun).
Exactly - ppl need to get their heads out of their arses and face the reality of the situation. Even if the players manage to beat the allegeations, a pregnant 16 year old (who sounds like she was 15 at the time of sex) is a great look for our club on the back of the Andrew Lovett case. Sponsors will be crawling out of the woodwork to be associated with our club.. :roll: