Good Call Bad Call

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Gold Coast will win next year's wooden spoon- good call, bad call?
excellent call!

I already hate them with a passion, as they Dimwit's lovechildren.

The longer they suffer the better IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Gold Coast will win next year's wooden spoon- good call, bad call?
Fair call. Three wins. Lots of last quarter fade outs.

West Coast will be next rung up. G or B?
Good Call. GC, Eagles and Lions will stink it up next year. WIth the salary cap concessions GC get they might leave the Eagles on the bottom.

John Worsfold is the next coach to go. Good Call Bad Call.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Fair call. Three wins. Lots of last quarter fade outs.

West Coast will be next rung up. G or B?
Good Call. GC, Eagles and Lions will stink it up next year. WIth the salary cap concessions GC get they might leave the Eagles on the bottom.

John Worsfold is the next coach to go. Good Call Bad Call.
If they lose against Brisbane at home, and lose badly, good call, possible call, he might resign call.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
excellent call!

Seeing Demetriou's speech at the 'launch' night a few weeks back made you realise how much he had riding on the GC venture...Was kind of sickening...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
after starting the year as clear flag favourites, saints are now 4th favourite for the flag.

good call bad call.
Bad call
I wouldn't say we were ever clear flag favourites. We and Geelong were neck and neck most of the summer, and then the Dogs got in on the act after the NAB Cup.
I'd say now we are fourth favourites, but probably not far off the Dogs in peoples' minds, a fair way off Geelong and Collingwood though.

Jimmy Gwilt needs to do more rebounding if Gilbert and Fisher get tagged from now on- good call, bad call?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
excellent call!

Seeing Demetriou's speech at the 'launch' night a few weeks back made you realise how much he had riding on the GC venture...Was kind of sickening...
in his head he is a modern day alexander the great conquering new territories.

with an 18 team AFL - there will be around 700 listed AFL players. There will lots of crap players on AFL lists in the next 5 years. Good Call Bad Call.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
with an 18 team AFL - there will be around 700 listed AFL players. There will lots of crap players on AFL lists in the next 5 years. Good Call Bad Call.
hehehe would they be like the Carlton Captain ( mispronounced news item from Monday)

maybe call or would there just be lots of G O P........ gthey certainly couldn't say there isn't an opportunity to play AFL

how much of the current Saints situation could be traced back to the Geelong game- we though we could do it/ had done it?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
hehehe would they be like the Carlton Captain ( mispronounced news item from Monday)

maybe call or would there just be lots of G O P........ gthey certainly couldn't say there isn't an opportunity to play AFL

how much of the current Saints situation could be traced back to the Geelong game- we though we could do it/ had done it?
well crap is a bit harsh. but plenty of GOP's.

Good call. Saints workload dropped off dramatically after that game. Players seem to want easy games of footy as though they are resting themselves for the big GF day. But with that attitude we wont be there on GF day. Maybe some of the players were looking ahead and focussing on self preservation? Its a cliche but if u focus too far ahead and not at the current week youll get rolled.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

GC/BC: steven baker is the toughest small defender in the comp?

Saints94
SS Life Member

Good Call, easy call i know i woudnt want to play on Bakes.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:GC/BC: steven baker is the toughest small defender in the comp?
good call, impressive call, I MISS BAKER CALL.

Pies cannot win the flag if they don't beat the cats on saturday night?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:GC/BC: steven baker is the toughest small defender in the comp?

Bad call unless they are thrashed.

The saints are recruiting for the now and if they fail RL will be rated like every coach bar one at the Saints.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Good Call, I truly believe that the Pies are peaking to early and there so called pressure will be to much to do come finals time im talking straight sets.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Solar wrote:Pies cannot win the flag if they don't beat the cats on saturday night?
interesting call, collingwood rely heavily on the three talls in brown, cloke and dawes up forward with two smalls call, some may say they wont make it anyway call and that there is an absurd fascination with their own list call. they wont beat the premiers on the w/end anyway call and i'll bet my hat on that call.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:

Bad call unless they are thrashed.

The saints are recruiting for the now and if they fail RL will be rated like every coach bar one at the Saints.
Good call, depressing call, how long do we have with roo at his best call. The saints have a once in a generation player in riewoldt with BJ not far behind. With the slim pickings at the draft in the next two years it's almost a gamble not to trade for the next couple of years. The reason it failed was a combo of failing bodies and an idiot (see lovett).

Is the AFL building it's own grave with the two new sides? Can they ever be seen as neutral whilst in control of these two clubs?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Is the AFL building it's own grave with the two new sides? Can they ever be seen as neutral whilst in control of these two clubs?
Bad cal re GC. Good call re GWS.

The former is extremely well organised with an amazing list of admin talent and a region rich with untapped 'second team' supporters (myself incl), a new stadium and (already) 7000 members. Bona fide stand alone success before you can say boo.

GWS troubles me. I simply see Swans as a fair weather club who get jumped on and humped when they do well, but otherwise struggle to illicit a response. How another team can fit in the same city, to me, beggars belief.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Solar wrote:

The former is extremely well organised with an amazing list of admin talent and a region rich with untapped 'second team' supporters (myself incl), a new stadium and (already) 7000 members. Bona fide stand alone success before you can say boo.

GWS troubles me. I simply see Swans as a fair weather club who get jumped on and humped when they do well, but otherwise struggle to illicit a response. How another team can fit in the same city, to me, beggars belief.
This is my take as to why they are doing it. A game every week which means they are in the paper a bit more, not a lot more but just a little bit. Also when they play each other twice a year it should get great publicity and finally they want to get more people to play the game and that area is where new Australians first go in Sydney. A huge punt but for the good of the game if it comes off it will mean the game can truly be called national.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Solar wrote:

Good Call, Reasonable Call.
The GWS fan dynamic will ultimately be a lot like a Richmond dynamic in that they'll be aiming to eat their own at every available opportunity call.

GC/BC: Gary Ablett is all the way and an inch up Craig Hutchison and Hutchy still thinks it's Xmas?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: John Worsfold is the next coach to go. Good Call Bad Call.
is he GAWN? 8 years is a fair stint.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

The Saints Are Back

Good call, bad call?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:The Saints Are Back

Good call, bad call?
Ask me next week call after we play a desperate side playing for 8th spot call...

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
Solar wrote:Pies cannot win the flag if they don't beat the cats on saturday night?
interesting call, collingwood rely heavily on the three talls in brown, cloke and dawes up forward with two smalls call, some may say they wont make it anyway call and that there is an absurd fascination with their own list call. they wont beat the premiers on the w/end anyway call and i'll bet my hat on that call.
Was the hat one you liked call?