Dean Polo!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I have...

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I have...

You see lots of things through those rose-coloured glasses though.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Have some examples?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Have some examples?

For a start, you said only two posts ago that you've seen Ross Lyon shape players.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Have some examples?

For a start, you said only two posts ago that you've seen Ross Lyon shape players.
Didn't think so...

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I haven't seen him shape anyone - particularly his rejects. So I was just curious as to why the poster thought he could do it with Polo.
farren ray was considered lazy before coming to st kilda. he's improved on that front.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:I haven't seen him shape anyone - particularly his rejects. So I was just curious as to why the poster thought he could do it with Polo.
farren ray was considered lazy before coming to st kilda. he's improved on that front.
Jesus.

So a bloke gets sacked from a club and has his career in the balance, and we classify that as 'Ross shaping him'?

F**k me.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

I haven't seen him shape anyone - particularly his rejects. .
You can't be looking too hard then.

Ross took over a team of downhill skiers and molded them into the just about the most disciplined team in the AFL. Certainly in 2009 they were.

Add to this a defensive gameplan vastly different what they were playing.

They have clearly been molded in how they play, and in how they apply themselves.

Not acknowledging this is pure denial, or trolling.

Gardi.....off the rails all the time at WCE. Model citizen at the Saints.

etc...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Jesus.

So a bloke gets sacked from a club and has his career in the balance, and we classify that as 'Ross shaping him'?

F**k me.
I must say you are good.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Gardi.....off the rails all the time at WCE. Model citizen at the Saints.

etc...
The rest of your post is funny, but this bit is deadset classic.

Ever been out with Gardi?

Really good bloke, but 'model citizen'??

Hahhahah!! Good one.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote: Gardi.....off the rails all the time at WCE. Model citizen at the Saints.

etc...

Hahhahah!! Good one.
Do you get out with him much? He must love all your positivity when you 2 go out together.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

etc...

Hahhahah!! Good one.
We often forget you rub shoulders with most of the players, board members, and staff members....

You probably don't mention it enough?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

I haven't seen him shape anyone - particularly his rejects. .
You can't be looking too hard then.

Ross took over a team of downhill skiers and molded them into the just about the most disciplined team in the AFL. Certainly in 2009 they were.

Add to this a defensive gameplan vastly different what they were playing.

They have clearly been molded in how they play, and in how they apply themselves.

Not acknowledging this is pure denial, or trolling.

Gardi.....off the rails all the time at WCE. Model citizen at the Saints.

etc...
yep

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Hahhahah!! Good one.

Yes Gardi in terms of his role at the club, and doing what the club expects of him, has become a 'model citizen' in the football sense.

Trains hard, does not lead team-mates astray etc etc..

Lyon does not expect Choir Boys. ie see Lenny of late....though also does not want off-field behaviour to go too far off the rails.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Jesus.

classify it how you want. but i'm not sure how you separate the situation from the personnel involved. many players have been in that situation before and not all turn it around. ray has, to an extent. you asked for a data point in favour, and while this isn't guaranteed to be ross's influence, from the outside it's impossible to distinguish it from that.

but i suppose with your connections you may know better. fair enough. though from the outside it's impossible to distinguish that from bulls***.

PJ
SS Life Member

So a bloke gets sacked from a club
Ray was sacked from his club? :shock:

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
Well I know that this will contradict the inside goss from the Board Member who shall not be named..

Ray quit the Western Bulldogs at the end of the 2008 season to look for opportunities elsewhere. He feared there could be limited opportunities at the club again next year and was disappointed to be dropped after the qualifying final loss to Hawthorn. He has said that he had to move to give himself the opportunity to become a regular senior footballer. There were question marks on his decision making and willingness to strongly contest the ball.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Ross has helped quite a few players get the most out of their careers since he came to the Saints. Mini was struggling to even stay on the list, Schnides was a Swans delisting, Joey is close to elite since he took over, Dal Santo lazy footballer with heaps of talent, now works hard as well. Sam Gilbert, Blake and Sam Fisher as a formidable back line unit. jason Gram not just a roost it long and hope second tier player. Heaps have taken the next step in the way they play is that not shaping them?

As for hardwick he has left out a few good players that looked special before he got there. Will Thursfield looked like a developing backman, Morton looked better than Jack Riewoldt, Jake King was only ever missing through suspension before he got there. All new coaches shape their teams and of course some players aren't in their plans.

Polo's first game was as good as I've seen -I thought he was going to be incredible but for what ever reason he never hit his straps, if Ross can get him to enjoy playing again who knows where he could go.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Ross has helped quite a few players get the most out of their careers since he came to the Saints. Mini was struggling to even stay on the list, Schnides was a Swans delisting, Joey is close to elite since he took over, Dal Santo lazy footballer with heaps of talent, now works hard as well. Sam Gilbert, Blake and Sam Fisher as a formidable back line unit. jason Gram not just a roost it long and hope second tier player. Heaps have taken the next step in the way they play is that not shaping them?
I wasn't going to weigh into this debate but surely you can come up with better examples than that...

A large number of fans still don't believe Mini should be on the list

Schneider wasn't a delisting and is seen as too incosistent

Joey = fair enough though elite players don't go missing in grandfinals

people will argue that Dal is still lazy and can't shake a tag

backline fair enough

Jason Gram is totally a roost it long and hope player

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:I wasn't going to weigh into this debate but surely you can come up with better examples than that...

can you point me to this list?
skeptic wrote:Schneider wasn't a delisting and is seen as too incosistent
name one small forward that isn't inconsistent

J
skeptic wrote:oey = fair enough though elite players don't go missing in grandfinals
Ever see any of Carey's GF's? Lenny went missing after qtr time in the 09 GF and won a Norm Smith this year.
skeptic wrote:people will argue that Dal is still lazy and can't shake a tag
Only ignorant people will argue he is lazy. Even the best sometimes cant shake a tag. Dane Swan was totally shut down by Ray in GF 1 for example.

skeptic wrote:Jason Gram is totally a roost it long and hope player
BS with a capital B. You need to watch football a bit more if you believe half of the stuff you posted here.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

There are plenty of examples, but Milne is a particularly good one.

If he didn't stand up this season as practically our sole FF, never even would of played finals, fact.

Leading goal gicker, fnished in the top 10 in the best and fairest.

Not a bad turnaround IMO.

Both his GF were quietish by his standards, but when you're the crumber, and the side can't even break out of the 30's when it comes to inside 50's....

maverick
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
gringo wrote:Ross has helped quite a few players get the most out of their careers since he came to the Saints. Mini was struggling to even stay on the list, Schnides was a Swans delisting, Joey is close to elite since he took over, Dal Santo lazy footballer with heaps of talent, now works hard as well. Sam Gilbert, Blake and Sam Fisher as a formidable back line unit. jason Gram not just a roost it long and hope second tier player. Heaps have taken the next step in the way they play is that not shaping them?
I wasn't going to weigh into this debate but surely you can come up with better examples than that...

Schneider wasn't a delisting and is seen as too incosistent

Joey = fair enough though elite players don't go missing in grandfinals

people will argue that Dal is still lazy and can't shake a tag

backline fair enough

Jason Gram is totally a roost it long and hope player
This is funny
Good players don't go missing in GF's - Swan GF1 Roo GF2???
and Gram was equal best for Norm Smith from 2009 but he is no good???
Which is it?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
PJ wrote:
Well I know that this will contradict the inside goss from the Board Member who shall not be named..

Ray quit the Western Bulldogs at the end of the 2008 season to look for opportunities elsewhere. He feared there could be limited opportunities at the club again next year and was disappointed to be dropped after the qualifying final loss to Hawthorn. He has said that he had to move to give himself the opportunity to become a regular senior footballer. There were question marks on his decision making and willingness to strongly contest the ball.

he was actually abused by the coach then dropped....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

stinger wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
PJ wrote:

& public quote was "goes missing in big games"

Seeya
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
PJ wrote:

& public quote was "goes missing in big games"
In typical Eade fashion he went ballistic and humiliated Ray in front of the whole playing group.

Ray told him to Get F##ked, where Eade went purple with rage and screamed "you'll never wear this jumper again".

Ray was more than happy to get away with the media darling (but nutcase) Eade.

Ray was NEVER delisted.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)