Sam Gilbert & his position in the side

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Don't think Roo would joke about it at all, ever, he holds his standing and image in the game very dear.

markp
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Don't think Roo would joke about it at all, ever, he holds his standing and image in the game very dear.
Yup... and again, speculation on my part... Roo seems like a chap who takes himself very seriously, and if Gilbert is the sort of guy who does not, who shags around and doesn't call the chicks again, who takes cheeky snaps and pretends to delete them, who carelessly lets people have access to these pics, and doesn't even pick up the phone to say sorry when it all hits the fan (or deliver a scripted apology to camera)... then I can imagine he may be the sort of guy Roo would want very little to do with.

Like I said, they're now on the net forever, and if the guy who was responsible was anything less than totally mortified and grovellingly apologetic, you'd probably be mighty f--ked off too.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

You guys imposing what you think or what you know?

Personally I don't know think I know any sportsman without a fairly base sense of humour and who, when push comes to shove, can't find time to laugh.

Hell, so I'm not a robot and don't expect robotics in return, whatcha gonna do.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:whatcha gonna do.
When they come for you...

Bad boys bad boys :wink:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
hungry for a premiership wrote: 3.) having said all that, this whole thing means.....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when it comes to the reason we're all here: to see the saints win a flag.
Precisely.

I don't pay one iota of interest to Richard Wilkin's 'Hollywood Gossip' segment on the Today show each morning, so why the hell would I care about this sort of stuff?

Sure RF - we all know you are a massive Justin Bieber fan. Dont try and hide it. You are front row at his concert.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

A piece of footage at the start of a Ch 10 item on training yesterday provided more insight to how Sam is regarded in-house than all the speculation by reporters, commentators, doomsayers, trolls, delusionals, moralists et al.

While the tenor of the report was the standard drivel about "fracture" and "crisis", and how the skipper and Sam stayed well apart throughout traing, they offered no commentary on the initial footage.

The initial footage showed Sam arriving, walking under the old "tunnel". Kosi approached from the side and gave him ye olde shoulder grab, bit of a shake and said something that looked very much like a bit of a "raz", given the way Sam responded (a bit sheepish). It was the meeting of a couple of mates, where one greets a fella who's stuffed up with a bit of p*** taking. It lightens the mood, acknowledges the tension but places it in context. It was a classic mates welcome.

That short bit of footage said more than the TB's of stuff placed on the web over the last few days.

They'll be fine. We'll be fine.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:A piece of footage at the start of a Ch 10 item on training yesterday provided more insight to how Sam is regarded in-house than all the speculation by reporters, commentators, doomsayers, trolls, delusionals, moralists et al.

While the tenor of the report was the standard drivel about "fracture" and "crisis", and how the skipper and Sam stayed well apart throughout traing, they offered no commentary on the initial footage.

The initial footage showed Sam arriving, walking under the old "tunnel". Kosi approached from the side and gave him ye olde shoulder grab, bit of a shake and said something that looked very much like a bit of a "raz", given the way Sam responded (a bit sheepish). It was the meeting of a couple of mates, where one greets a fella who's stuffed up with a bit of p*** taking. It lightens the mood, acknowledges the tension but places it in context. It was a classic mates welcome.

That short bit of footage said more than the TB's of stuff placed on the web over the last few days.

They'll be fine. We'll be fine.
100%

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Noticed that as well TOT, well said.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

In all honesty, I think Roo will accept Gilbert's apology and will just say "you f*@#ked up please learn from it" and then just get on being captain.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Finna
Club Player

My sources suggest that Gilbert will be traded to the gold coast in exchange for Gary Ablett and K hunt at the end of 2011.

Watch this space......

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Finna wrote:My sources suggest that Gilbert will be traded to the gold coast in exchange for Gary Ablett and K hunt at the end of 2011.

Watch this space......
How long do I have to keep staring at this page Finna?

It's really quite boring (and I need to go to the dunny :wink: )