Sam Gilbert.... you've lost me

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

hey rodge is entitled to his opinion
he thinks that roo protected himself over the team...fair enough (i dont agree but it doesnt matter )
but a piss poor performance in gf 2 adding to rodges impression that roo might be a prick??
im finding it hard to find a link there

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
gringo wrote:When I watched the Rooey press conference, I thought he protected himself over the team.
So do I.

This, in addition to last year's GF performances (on and off field), I reckon he's close to being a prick in my book.
What off-field perforamance Rodg??

Cant you find an angle here to pot RL so youre taking aim at the captain instead?? :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
gringo wrote:When I watched the Rooey press conference, I thought he protected himself over the team.
So do I.

This, in addition to last year's GF performances (on and off field), I reckon he's close to being a prick in my book.
What off-field perforamance Rodg??

Cant you find an angle here to pot RL so youre taking aim at the captain instead?? :roll:
Why would I pot RL?

I can't see what he's done???

Anyway, Roo's whining at the Collingwood fans during the GF parade for not showing him respect was sickeningly cringeworthy.
His comments post GF1 re having to reschedule his holiday were ill timed.
His sucking up to Demetriou on the ground just seconds after his club has drawn a GF they could have won, was nauseating.

Then his cash grab comments during the week leading up to GF2 were the most disgustingly self-serving and disturbing comments I've heard from an AFL captain.

Add his insipid performance on-field (highlighted by his prancing in the goal square in the 1st Quarter), and in my opinion it all adds up to a 'leader' who appears to be in it for himself.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I don't have a problem with Roo being angry at Gilbert, I just wish he didn't let it bubble over for the world to see, now we have 'saints torn apart' stuff everywhere.

He also told a porky, and has left himself open to the public saying he isn't entirely truthful.

westy
Club Player

Whilst Rodge does sound a tad harsh in his assessment of Riewoldt, I sometimes am a little surprised with his attitude. There is no denying that his courage is not matched by too many other players, but occasionally a bit of selfishness tends to pop-up. As far as him looking after himself at the recent press conference, this whole sordid affair is aimed at himself, Dal and Zac, so why wouldn't he take the stance that he has? I firmly believe that more should be done to expose Km Isabella Duthie for the skank that she is. If she wants to play with big boys then let her identity and chequered past be made known for all the critics to make a fair judgement.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

2010 has been an ordinary year !

2010 has been an ordinary year for the StK FC and this just highlights the need to put the year behind the club. What a f-wit Gilbert must be - he no longer deserves the priveledge of playing for the Saints.

Who takes Photo's of there naked team mates in any event?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2010 has been an ordinary year !

WinnersOnly wrote:Who takes Photo's of there naked team mates in any event?
Needs to be taken in perspective.

Happened on an end of season trip after the 09 season, and after their gut wrenching loss to the Cats.

Obviously a few of the boys were just trying to "come to grips" with the loss and to "pump themselves up" for a big 2010. :D

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:2010 has been an ordinary year for the StK FC and this just highlights the need to put the year behind the club. What a f-wit Gilbert must be - he no longer deserves the priveledge of playing for the Saints.

A less than bright footballer who thought it was funny at the time, which it probably was.

"Hey. Watch out Dawso!!! Roo's got a half mongrel!"

"Hey the skipper's at half mast."

Laughter....

CLICK.

"Don't you keep that photo, Sammy."

You're a bit precious, these days, Roo. Ever since you started using product in your hair."

"Turn it up Gilbo."

Laughter ensues.

"Just ditch the photo."

"Yeah. Yeah. I'll sort it."

Knock at door.

"We're gonna be late," says Stevie Baker (or someone). "Hurry up."

Clothes are donned. Day is gotten on with. Moment is forgotten until dud tramp gets her vinegar tits twisted.

You, WO, on the other hand, are clearly a member of MENSA who does do not make errors of judgment. Ever.

The world should employ you as God.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:2010 has been an ordinary year for the StK FC and this just highlights the need to put the year behind the club. What a f-wit Gilbert must be - he no longer deserves the priveledge of playing for the Saints.

A less than bright footballer who thought it was funny at the time, which it probably was.

Laughter....

CLICK.

You're a bit precious, these days, Roo. Ever since you started using product in your hair."

"Turn it up Gilbo."

Laughter ensues.

"Just ditch the photo."

Knock at door.

Clothes are donned. Day is gotten on with. Moment is forgotten until dud tramp gets her vinegar tits twisted.

You, WO, on the other hand, are clearly a member of MENSA who does do not make errors of judgment. Ever.

The world should employ you as God.
Brilliant, and most likely very close to reality. :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:

Laughter....

CLICK.

"Turn it up Gilbo."

Laughter ensues.

"Just ditch the photo."

Knock at door.

You dont think you're implying a little too much there...?

You, like me, have no idea.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Laughter....

CLICK.

"Turn it up Gilbo."

Laughter ensues.

"Just ditch the photo."

Knock at door.

You dont think you're implying a little too much there...?

You, like me, have no idea.
I wasn't imposing my 'script' as fact.

I'm establishing a sympathetic counter view to the prevailing train of thought on here that suggests that a) footballers aren't allowed to have fun b) have a sense of the ridiculous and c) don't have a crystal ball in-built that tells them that it's feasible that a trumped up gutter slapper will steal A from B to achieve a spurious C.
Last edited by Thinline on Wed 22 Dec 2010 3:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I don't have a problem with Roo being angry at Gilbert, I just wish he didn't let it bubble over for the world to see, now we have 'saints torn apart' stuff everywhere.

He also told a porky, and has left himself open to the public saying he isn't entirely truthful.
What was the lie?

Saints94
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:
SainterK wrote:I don't have a problem with Roo being angry at Gilbert, I just wish he didn't let it bubble over for the world to see, now we have 'saints torn apart' stuff everywhere.

What was the lie?
That Gilbert lied about deleting the photos.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

What was the lie?
That he didn't pose.

Changes the entire context of the situation in the hotel room IMO.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
I wasn't imposing my 'script' as fact.

I'm establishing a sympathetic counter view to the prevailing train of thought on here that suggests that a) footballers aren't allowed to have fun b) have a sense of the ridiculous and c) don't have a crystal ball in-built that tells them that it's feasible that a trumped up gutter slapper will steal A from B to achieve a spurious C.
Yup, I was being facetious... :wink:

We'll never know, but even Roo himself said if people think he'd be careless or silly enough to approve of such shots being taken and kept, then they have totally the wrong idea of him and he's offended by that.... not the sort of guy who'd be chuckling over it all, at any stage I reckon.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You can't be a part of the fun, then a victim to the fun. Which is it?

Badlands
Club Player

SainterK wrote:You can't be a part of the fun, then a victim to the fun. Which is it?
Clever wordplay but makes no sense.
Of course he's a victim in what's unfolded here.

I'm continuously astounded at those on here who honestly seem to imply that he deserved this.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:Whilst Rodge does sound a tad harsh in his assessment of Riewoldt, I sometimes am a little surprised with his attitude. There is no denying that his courage is not matched by too many other players, but occasionally a bit of selfishness tends to pop-up. As far as him looking after himself at the recent press conference, this whole sordid affair is aimed at himself, Dal and Zac, so why wouldn't he take the stance that he has? I firmly believe that more should be done to expose Km Isabella Duthie for the skank that she is. If she wants to play with big boys then let her identity and chequered past be made known for all the critics to make a fair judgement.
he needs to bulk up and play full fwd. the mans position. no point him prancing around the wing taking 100 marks. opposition teams dont care and arent hurt when he takes his marks on the wing. they just put numbers behind the next kick and then rebound. its the right thing for the team now and we have a new young giraffe (stanley) who deserves the freedom to run around up the field without being pole axed at full fwd while his body is still immature.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Badlands wrote:
SainterK wrote:You can't be a part of the fun, then a victim to the fun. Which is it?

I'm continuously astounded at those on here who honestly seem to imply that he deserved this.
I never said he deserved it Badlands, ever.

I just said there was an element of him going along with it.

People can disagree though.

Badlands
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
Badlands wrote:

ok - sorry if i verballed you.

I dunno, I'm just at a loss over this one.
I know we can sit back and say he's the captain, it's the 21st century, he should have known better, and he allowed himself to get into this situation, etc etc.

But I'm just trying to put myself in his shoes and fathom how he could possibly have had the slightest inkling that he was even putting himself in a situation where there was a chance that exactly what has just happened, could happen, given the sequence of events that were to follow.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Badlands wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Badlands wrote:

ok - sorry if i verballed you.

I dunno, I'm just at a loss over this one.
I know we can sit back and say he's the captain, it's the 21st century, he should have known better, and he allowed himself to get into this situation, etc etc.

But I'm just trying to put myself in his shoes and fathom how he could possibly have had the slightest inkling that he was even putting himself in a situation where there was a chance that exactly what has just happened, could happen, given the sequence of events that were to follow.

Exactly.

And one solution would be he wouldnt be invited to any footy holidays if he acted like a super paranoid maggot in all circumstances.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
So do I.

He may be close but you are well and truely there. Fool.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
That he didn't pose.

You couldn't know that unless you were there. I stick cameras in people faces all the time, and the reactions can be amazing.

Not too sure what Zac was on about though.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
SainterK wrote:
That he didn't pose.

You couldn't know that unless you were there. I stick cameras in people faces all the time, and the reactions can be amazing.

Not too sure what Zac was on about though.
because zac isnt straight.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Are we actually seriously wanting to trade out Sammy and demote Roo? While we are at it can we ask Lenny and Bakes to retire after their recent indescretion? Oh, and for Dal, surely a trade is on the cards as he is caught up in this also. And what about other players who may have known about this?

Anyone who ever goes on a 'sporting' trip or similar, knows that boys will be boys. This is just a plot to try to fracture the STFC by a silly little girl who is now more famous than the chk chk boom girl. I mean seriously, get a grip FFS!

Not everyone will always do the right thing, and what they did or got caught up in is unfortunate to say the least, but we'll move on and become stronger for it.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!