Ross wants a forward (even at a cost), so...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Callum WILSON WCE

Dont forget Callum WILSON at WCE. Was flying late last year but has not been able to hold his spot - may be worth a look.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Saints94
SS Life Member

I like the sound of Jesse White if we can get him he would be our Leigh Brown only better :)

noob
Club Player

looks like blake is the forward!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Jesse White is going to be good and can't see why he isn't getting more games at sydney, is he injured?

Mitch Morton was ahead of JackR at the tiges, now he is having issues? Is he on something or can't handle being left out ala L. Ball? He would be the lead at the ball type forward but can convert.

Realistically we are paying our full cap and need to find roughies or get some players to take cuts. I am just thinking about what we can get for nothing.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

If we're looking at getting a gun then you throw everything at Jack Riewoldt and see if you can make it happen.

But if you don't want to throw away all your good draft picks and/or your gun players, or if you don't want to have to ask all your stars to take a pay cut to fit him in, then you're looking at blokes struggling to get games at their current clubs.

And if that's the case, you'd want to be able to get them at a bargain price. 

Otherwise you may as well continue to develop the likes of Johnson, Siposs, Walsh, Cahill and Archer and add a few more young key forwards on Draft Day.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

JACK RIEWOLDT

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Get your midfield right and forwards will score enough goals. There is a side who hasnt lost a game this year with an average forward line but a great midfield. People wanting gun forwards are going to be disappointed. If we trade for one he is more likely to be of Gamble's ability and if draft one he is more likely to not make it for at least 2 to 3 years so we are stuck with what we have. Get a our mids pumping it down and we will be amazed how good some of our forwards look.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Get a our mids pumping it down and we will be amazed how good some of our forwards look.
Correct, but just think of how much quicker they will pump it down with a decent contested marking target there.

FWIW I don't think we should trade for a big forward. Johnson or Walsh should be given a crack at it before we even consider it.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:How about something like this.

Gilbert to GWS
Taylor Walker to st kilda
Top 15 pick to Adelaide

I consider this to be a win for everyone.

I would also target McIntosh from north Melbourne.

That way we could have McEvoy, walker and Roo all rotate, through the forward line.
Close... Given that Walker is already off to GWS the most likely deal come October will be:

Gilbert to GWS
Early pick to Geelong
Hawkins to St Kilda

When this happens at draft time just remember that FQF told you all back in June! 8-) 8-)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
Armoooo wrote:How about something like this.

Gilbert to GWS
Taylor Walker to st kilda
Top 15 pick to Adelaide

I consider this to be a win for everyone.

I would also target McIntosh from north Melbourne.

That way we could have McEvoy, walker and Roo all rotate, through the forward line.
Close... Given that Walker is already off to GWS the most likely deal come October will be:

Gilbert to GWS
Early pick to Geelong
Hawkins to St Kilda

When this happens at draft time just remember that FQF told you all back in June! 8-) 8-)
Don't worry FQF.

If Hawkins does end up at St Kilda NO ONE will ever forget you said so :twisted:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I had thought Hawkins would be a very likely Ross target, talented but not consistent. Mc intosh from the roos just never gets his body right he must average 5 games a season, I wish we could wrestle Goldstein from them.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Saints94 wrote:I like the sound of Jesse White if we can get him he would be our Leigh Brown only better :)
I agree, like the look of him potential gun