Why did we not take Wellingham?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I dont see why that comment suggests he didnt work hard at the Saints. Obviously you have inside knowledge to suggest he didnt. Also love to know what rule he broke. Can you tell us that?
I have no inside knowledge and I am certain he did work hard at the saints
But why would he make the comment-? my reading of it was there were differances.to how he was going to apply.- but just my reading of his comment
no listed Player shall train with or play in any Match with a Club other
than the Club with which he is listed.
Sanction: Maximum 20 Units

page 33
http://aflpa.com.au/sites/all/files/AFL ... 202011.pdf

to my understanding he was not contracted to pies till the day before he flew out for Arizona? and was quoted on video during the next week as saying he was lucky they let him train in the high altitude room...

if you know differant then let me know.
He may not have been listed anywhere or was given permission.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

How exactly did we make a stand......we lost ball, they got him??

What, by not taking their offer, and instead getting zero......nice stand

We had no bargaining position, rolled the dice and lost, they refused to cave to our higher demands, and ultimately got him for zero.....

Who won exactly?? Yeah, we showed them....ffs

Stop trying to make the best of a bad situation, to soften the blow.....serves us right imo....and kudos to collingwood...And they doubled our score in the replay, or did we forget...

BTW ..... We lost the other gamble in 09 also

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:He may not have been listed anywhere or was given permission.
well was not listed as being given permission as he was continuing to be listed at the saints- that was a place people kept checking to see what was happening.

but as many have said history-
althouh 4-5 pages says it still rankles with many ( and I am saddened the club/football department and Luke could not agree and the sadness is there every time they play us or the G/F is shown or people ask him why and nothing seems clearer)
as long as he is happy with his decision that in the long run is what works- I am nothing in the scheme of football life so what I feel means Zilch.

but the myth is being compounded through the media.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
saintbrat wrote: reknuckling down

comment from L:B after he moved- "I know I have to work hard" my query has always been = why didn't he Know/do that at the saints....
Pies players have been quoted as saying they wondered what they had gotten after first training
and last re the actual Move- LB was training IN the pies altitude room BEFORE he was selected- why were the pies never sanctioned for breaking the drafting rules.

I loved him at the saints and was dissppointed that he and club ( nothing would even be one sided.\) could not work out for him to stay and I fully believe he is a solid citizen
but the hint that he felt he didn't need to work hard at the saints stuck with me. - the saints were on record as saying they wanted him to stay...
and even MM said he was approached about him going there- had never considered him prior to that and never really spoken to him..
I dont see why that comment suggests he didnt work hard at the Saints. Obviously you have inside knowledge to suggest he didnt. Also love to know what rule he broke. Can you tell us that?
Off course he would have worked hard at the Saints P66 - they won't have any real evidence - he met the coaches expectations - here's what I posted earlier...

Did it look like Ball hadn't tried after that GF - otherwise the coach would not have said expectations on both sides was not met - players are allowed expectations as well..........it's not all one-way traffic.

'...Expectations are often set and not met by club or player. Clearly, along the line, there has been some expectations not met on both sides of the fence......During the year he got dropped, then he matched our expectations (and returned) and then obviously there was some expectations from Luke that we weren't meeting and he moved on...' Ross Lyon 22 Jan '10

This has been written many times - people will all believe what they want to for ever.

Hold your ground :shock:
StevieSaint
Club Player

Luke Ball is a selfish mug...didn't think it was fair how he was treated...not getting game time etc etc

Max Hudgton is also a whiny wimp...whinging and having a sook because he didn't get selected for the granny...

They should have been supporting the players instead of going around with this poor me attitute....it's not fair...waaa waaa waaa

F them both!

GO SAINTS GO
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:How exactly did we make a stand......we lost ball, they got him??

What, by not taking their offer, and instead getting zero......nice stand

We had no bargaining position, rolled the dice and lost, they refused to cave to our higher demands, and ultimately got him for zero.....

Who won exactly?? Yeah, we showed them....ffs

Stop trying to make the best of a bad situation, to soften the blow.....serves us right imo....and kudos to collingwood...And they doubled our score in the replay, or did we forget...

BTW ..... We lost the other gamble in 09 also
I would make a considered reply but apparently it "can not be argued" so why bother.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I dont see why that comment suggests he didnt work hard at the Saints. Obviously you have inside knowledge to suggest he didnt. Also love to know what rule he broke. Can you tell us that?
I have no inside knowledge and I am certain he did work hard at the saints
But why would he make the comment-? my reading of it was there were differances.to how he was going to apply.- but just my reading of his comment
no listed Player shall train with or play in any Match with a Club other
than the Club with which he is listed.
Sanction: Maximum 20 Units

page 33
http://aflpa.com.au/sites/all/files/AFL ... 202011.pdf

to my understanding he was not contracted to pies till the day before he flew out for Arizona? and was quoted on video during the next week as saying he was lucky they let him train in the high altitude room...

if you know differant then let me know.
He may not have been listed anywhere or was given permission.
So why would he have to "sneak" to the high altitude rooms then, his words?

Anyway, I agree with you he moved on to a club that suited him, and where he would have more opportunity.

You can justify anything if you try.

Lounge

stinger wrote:
Lounge wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
BigMart wrote:It was a monumental F*** up........proof is in the pudding. Cannot be argued

They won, we lost......Luke will finish top 5 in a premiership team b&f two years running.... As a starting mid.... We have a woeful midfield...

We shafted ouselves, and two people were held accountable...

What is the answer to the simple question......why could luke not succeed in our side, but could be so important in a better side?
Look inside the Collingwood Medicine Cabinet and you shall find the answer :wink:
You still flogging that dead horse "they were taking drugs" thing? Seriously, the independent testing place (so there were no conspiracy theories) and the AFL (who wouldn't cover something like that up, no matter what anyone says) BOTH said there were no positive tests.
We lost. It's only 'a tainted flag' in our eyes because we are looking for excuses and it eases the pain. Nobody outside of this website sees it as 'tainted'. Nobody.

And don't give me that "they were JUUUUUSSTT under the legal limit!" garbage.. it just sounds desperate. I cringe whenever it's bought up on this board because its just so lame. Enough to actually stop lurking and post!

Maybe people don't want to hear the truth, but they did not win because of any drug taking okay? Acceptance is the first step towards change and we need to accept that altho we came close, the better team won on merit.
geez...we attract them, don't we...flower offback to your own board troll....ffs.... :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:
Ah the old "I don't agree what you are saying, so you MUST be a troll!" line!

I can give cliche responses too then: "The truth hurts".

You may as well say "LALALALALAAAA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" :roll: