NAB Cup Rd 1 Official match thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

defacto
Club Player

Re: NAB Cup Rd 1 Official match thread

i was blown away by our kids. Steven has really stepped up so far. i agree with the comment that he's a bit like a bee in a bottle.

ledger is really coming along. only his second season. saad really suprised me. simpkin looked great. i thought wilkes really showed his versatility was good up fwd and down back. siposs looked ok on the wing.

mcevoy is going to destroy games this season if he stays uninjured.

for the first time in a while there genuinely feels like theres competition for spots and that any of the younger players could progress past the older players.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintmont wrote:What I like about the Games I saw, was that we have 2 players who could go into the blackline in Simpkin and Wilkes I liked both players games. I liked how Winmar, Ledger and Siposs have bulk-up. I also liked the look of Saad, Ross and Milera.
They all look like they will put pressure on some the more senior players. I thought CJ was great.
Winmar didn't do much last night but there was just something about him that said..... maybe.
Exactly.

I don't know what it is, but something there.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

CJs disposal is still shocking. The guy should always handball

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:thought Simpkin was tops! MR SLEDGEHAMMER
i thought simpkin and cripps looked really good.
crippsy is going to be a long term gun. probably ahead of geary now i think.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:CJs disposal is still shocking. The guy should always handball
The problem was mainly when he tried to kick it really long (for him). He may have even tried to kick torps, but whatever they were, they came way off the side of the boot on a couple of occasions when he tried to boot it long. On the other hand, when he had someone clear about 20-25m ahead of him, he was able to hit them up with relative ease, as you would generally expect someone in the AFL to be able to do.
Moral of the story, maybe he ought to put the attempted long kicks away and just stick with the shorter ones, plus of course, as you suggested, handballs.
Got to love his endevour and tackling and the amount he's able to get the ball, when he's fit and in form, though.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.