Jason Gram's game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintkid
Club Player

Re: Jason Gram's game

So. now I'm a "turd" and a "simpleton" am I dragit?? Again, you show your class and the calibre person you are. I don't need to prove anything to you buddy, just read the posts from other posters about Gram. Your comment about Hayes shows us how irrational you are. Sure it wasn't his best game but he was miles ahead of soft Gram whose efforts for the first 3 quarters were PISS weak. Did Lenny cost us any goals from shirking the contest?? Did you watch CLOSELY his inside work against Richmond's quick young guns?? Did you see Lenny's super efforts in the last quarter centre bounce contests to help us get back in the game??

Mate we are commenting on Gram's efforts and you can dream all you want and attack me again if it makes you feel "important" here. His contested work for the first 3 quarters was pathetic and was "black and white" for all to see tonight.
Last edited by saintkid on Sat 02 Jun 2012 12:46am, edited 3 times in total.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I think Grammy laid our most tackles tonight and won three HTB decisions....

Unlike CJ to not go, he is as tough as old boots.... But he hesitated tonight a allowed delidio to win the footy.... He pulled out.

He is not comfortable overhead though, but still surprised me...

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Austinnn wrote:
Teflon wrote:Gilberts not a smart player BUT I'll take his attack on the ball and effort in a tackle/spoil over Gram anyday. We cant carry to many of these poor kicks/decision making types and for mine Gram makes way.
Totally agree, as much as Gilberts' nerves and confidence are costing us, at least he's having a go. Gram has to do something to prove his courage and team play to stay in this team IMO
you still saying the same thing about gram now? s*** did nothing bar just about win the game for us.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Was very good, having a good year, night for the critics to be silent.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
lefty
Club Player

Gram played 1 very good quarter (which also had a s*** kick to armo which newman took a pretty good mark somehow).

You can't play 3 s*** quarters and play 1 good one. Needs to be put on notice tbh.

Montanga also better start doing something. That kick screwed us badly. Probably the worst thing of the night. He's been far too quiet. I wonder how Ledger is going.

rexy
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:I think Grammy laid our most tackles tonight and won three HTB decisions....

Unlike CJ to not go, he is as tough as old boots.... But he hesitated tonight a allowed delidio to win the footy.... He pulled out.

He is not comfortable overhead though, but still surprised me...
Surprised that you saw that that way, looked to me like Jones thought the defender behind Deledio would spoil and stayed front and square to ensure we won the footy, the defender who appeared to be on Deledios tail decided to trail off and leave Jones to spoil/mark from front on. That defender looked like Gram to me? Only saw it briefly though.

Maybe this year?
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Gram poor until the last I thought. Saw him shy away a few times. Got a goal and finally pumped himself up. Let's hope he remembers to play four quarters like that next week. And the next.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I've been defending him, and I'll admit Gram was poor early.

However I noticed after not being desperate at a goal line spoil I think it was in the second, I saw BJ raise his hands at him and ask him to do better

....and didn't he just.

I think he is a confidence player, seems actually quite sad at times out there, maybe he responds well to being challenged.

Good on him for lifting, his first goals this year.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

lefty wrote:Gram played 1 very good quarter (which also had a s*** kick to armo which newman took a pretty good mark somehow).

You can't play 3 s*** quarters and play 1 good one. Needs to be put on notice tbh.

Montanga also better start doing something. That kick screwed us badly. Probably the worst thing of the night. He's been far too quiet. I wonder how Ledger is going.
sorry don't agree, our defence is out of whack, no fisher gwilt 2nd game off a knee reco. tigers set ups tonight put us in all sorts. presure was non stop from tigers. I love arm chair afl players that could do so much better then our players. when someone had to step up gram did. that's what he's paid to do and he really stepped up. I am not a gram fan never have been bar a few efforts... but i can't fault him tonight or this year... we were under the pump just about 90% of the time I was amazed at the tigers tonight. i am normally so pissed when we lose but they desevered it and non of our players are to blame for the loss imo.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
dragit
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:…attack me again if it makes you feel "important" here.
Mate, you were the one that mentioned me in the first place… Go ask your dad for some more tired footy cliches to repeat for us, cause the rubbish you come up with on your own is just pathetic…

We all love Lenny, but he & Jack were very ordinary tonight, we were smashed out of the centre, did you happen to see that for any of the 4 quarters?

We had about 6-7 poor players tonight, but the 2 guys you bitch weekly about weren't amongst them…

lefty
Club Player

Yea I said the same thing about not trying to stop that shot on the line, just wasn't interested until the last quarter.
Needs to be switched on and play 4 quarters, not 1.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I've been defending him, and I'll admit Gram was poor early.

However I noticed after not being desperate at a goal line spoil I think it was in the second, I saw BJ raise his hands at him and ask him to do better

....and didn't he just.

I think he is a confidence player, seems actually quite sad at times out there, maybe he responds well to being challenged.

He's a senior AFL player FFS he shouldnt need BJ revving him up.

He picks and chooses when to go in with his body. Id spell him.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
Austinnn wrote:
Teflon wrote:Gilberts not a smart player BUT I'll take his attack on the ball and effort in a tackle/spoil over Gram anyday. We cant carry to many of these poor kicks/decision making types and for mine Gram makes way.
Totally agree, as much as Gilberts' nerves and confidence are costing us, at least he's having a go. Gram has to do something to prove his courage and team play to stay in this team IMO
you still saying the same thing about gram now? s*** did nothing bar just about win the game for us.
Did nothing for 3 qtrs is right...

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
SainterK wrote:I've been defending him, and I'll admit Gram was poor early.

....and didn't he just.

He's a senior AFL player FFS he shouldnt need BJ revving him up.

He picks and chooses when to go in with his body. Id spell him.
Fair enough

I instead choose to look at it as a potential turning point.

saintkid
Club Player

dragit wrote:We had about 6-7 poor players tonight, but the 2 guys you bitch weekly about weren't amongst them…

Really?? Whatever you say mate, you seem to know it all. :lol:

Austinnn
Club Player

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
Austinnn wrote:
Actually, you took that comment I made out of context as I posted that before he woke up. Have a look at the time. I wasn't actually at the ground so I may have missed a lot of tackles and stuff he made when the cameras were elsewhere.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

[quote="Austinnn"][/quote]

no worries....

Fortius Quo Fidelius
defacto
Club Player

gram was amazing tonight

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Why the hell would anyone with a footy brain think Grammy struggled tonight. Hang your knowledge of footy in shame.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

I wrote:It's a touch ironic. It seems that many of us who are on Grammy's case are frustrated with him because we actually rate him (at his better/best) more highly than some of those who defend him do...?
So come on Grammy, turn it on and show both sides to be wrong...! Now that would be somewhat ironic... :idea:
I think that's pretty much what Grammy did tonight. Showed how bloody frustrating he can be, then turned around and put in a good last quarter. Not just the two goals, but he also showed intensity and was putting in. I'm not prepared to offer an apology yet, but come on Grammy, more of that last quarter...

Go Grammy!... onward and upward from here! :)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Go Grammy!... onward and upward from here! :)
This.

So this.

Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Why the hell would anyone with a footy brain think Grammy struggled tonight. Hang your knowledge of footy in shame.
Amazing you're right and every one else is wrong ... :roll:

Ps Hanging my head in footy shame ....lol

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Why the hell would anyone with a footy brain think Grammy struggled tonight. Hang your knowledge of footy in shame.

Except that SainterK and I have both stuck up for Gram as well :roll:

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:

Sorry i missed everyone agreeing with you.

Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Middo wrote:

Sorry i missed everyone agreeing with you.

Ha you wont have to look to far old mate ...maybe look at the threads ? or in the votes ...?

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!