No Fat Chicks - Saints in the papers again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: No Fat Chicks - Saints in the papers again

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I am just overweight

Fact or your opinion?

Fact in my opinion. 35 inch guts isnt obese I would think but i am 9kg above my marathon running days so yes overweight.

TJMcCarthy
Club Player

TJMcCarthy wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:the age proves yet again what a fall from grace it has had as a paper. Gutter journalism. One person's call to 3AW reported as fact??? Puuuuhhhhlllleeeaaassee.

I could call into 3AW now and claim that an afl player called me a p00f when i asked for an autograph.
Not a bad idea, just pick your least popular player from another club and make up some garbage for the media to swallow. It's the media that need to be pointed out here and made to look like the disreputable muck raking gossip mongers that they are.
More over;
The new testament- Mathew 18:15 “Moreover if your brother sins (offends) against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ 17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church (media). But if he refuses even to hear the church (media), let him be to you like a heathen (scumbag) and a tax collector (s*** head).

The point i make here is that the ofended woman did not take her problem directly to the source to deal with it. To be fair, she ought to have.

Instead she chose the cowardly self righteous media guilt blame and shame routine. I've got no sympathy for her based on that.

Strength Through Unity - CAR'N THE SAINTS!
70s sainter
Club Player

If there is 40 players (young men) on each clubs list that is about 700 in total right? If each player has 10 human interactions a day (shops, postman neighbours etc) , that is about 7000 a day, or 49000 a week. Unless you want to write about everyone of them - good or bad , why would we care or give a rats arse about this one . Seriously.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I am just overweight

Fact or your opinion?

Fact in my opinion. 35 inch guts isnt obese I would think but i am 9kg above my marathon running days so yes overweight.
I bet you'd look hilarious in an umpire's uniform. But seriously does being a fat umpire impact your performance in getting to the contest?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Fact or your opinion?

I bet you'd look hilarious in an umpire's uniform. But seriously does being a fat umpire impact your performance in getting to the contest?

Dont know i am not fat. Does your head nearly burst when you try and use your brain?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Dont know i am not fat. Does your head nearly burst when you try and use your brain?
You said you were fat. Haven't got a brain, just a keyboard and CPU.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

You said you were fat. Haven't got a brain, just a keyboard and CPU.

When did i say that?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Ok you used the word overweight, same meaning as the word fat.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Ok you used the word overweight, same meaning as the word fat.

I wouldnt have thought so.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to hear from our cheer squad !
A large proportion of them seem of a large proportion .

I myself am big boned and occassionally suffer the slings and arrows of others , maybe from now on i should complain to whoever will listen to see how much free stuff i can get !

In red white and black from 73
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:to criticize people for being fat is short sighted.
Why denigrate the short-sighted?
:lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
SainterK wrote:A lot more delicately.

Anyway, define overweight?

Not meeting a definition of ideal to some, would be perfectly acceptable to others. If this is true, and the person is say a size 12-14, would you hold the same scorn?

Re-read my original post and it was very intolerant.

I am a reformed fat bloke still oh so slightly overweight however have lost 27 kgs since my heaviest. Mine was lifestyle - lack of exercise and a poor diet.

My definition is a healthy weight, one where your blood tests come back within acceptable limits, where your blood pressure is OK and you are not about to develop type two diabeties.

BMI is a bit misleading. Anyone over 25 on their scale is classed as obese. My BMI is 83kgs for a 25. I am 86kg so defined by that I am obese, however at 83kgs I look drawn and sick.

Body image is a huge issue for young women and an obsession in weight loss is just as unhealthy as being unhealthily overweight.

Chrissie Swan had an article in the papaer a couple of months back where she had basically given up on her weight. In such a young woman, I found that appalling. Her aggressiveness towards her "right" to be morbidly obsese was astonishing (and deluded). Its like smoking, you can do it if it only affects you. However because of our diabeties epidemic (diabeties causes a plethora of other horrible diseases as well BTW), it effects all of us and puts a tremendous health on the already overtaxed health system.

And besides, who doesn't want to look and feel better, and to live longer?
Took me a while to shed my baby weight, even with healthy eating and lifestyle.

Would you have looked at me and judged?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Well ok, the word overweight would probably be the term used in the medical profession and the word fat is probably more widely used outside the medical profession. I don't see the problem with using either of the words by somebody outside the medical profession when describing somebody that is opposite to "underweight" or "exactly the right weight".

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Schneider is a bit chubby but still gets and a game and is in our best 22.

So it can't be all that bad :lol:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well ok, the word overweight would probably be the term used in the medical profession and the word fat is probably more widely used outside the medical profession. I don't see the problem with using either of the words by somebody outside the medical profession when describing somebody that is opposite to "underweight" or "exactly the right weight".

If you think everyone who is overweight is fat then you are really a worry. I am probably 3-4 Kgs overweight. Now if that is fat then I give up. it is a little overweight but that is all. I dont think anyone who saw me walking down the street would say i am fat.
Last edited by plugger66 on Wed 18 Jul 2012 5:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Schneider is a bit chubby but still gets and a game and is in our best 22.

So it can't be all that bad :lol:
And he is short so a really good example of what can be achieved in life when you have a disability.

But seriously do you reckon there will be a day when an AFL player gets pinged for sledging someone about being chubby.

It is possible the way things are going in this world (and the AFL) that calling someone like Snides a "short pizza eater" could end up at the tribunal as a vilification charge...pffft!
Last edited by Cairnsman on Wed 18 Jul 2012 5:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:I feel the need to respond to this - I like to call myself a "reformed" fat chick because the simple fact is I used to be fat ( lost 65kg in 18 months) so I can see both sides
What a fantastic effort M_S_S. I am sure your body thanks you for the strain you have taken off it.

Isn't it a pleasure to throw out all of those "fat" clothes?

However according to the BMI scale you are still obese (like me) :D :wink:
Oi im overweight lol a few more hundred grams and I'm "healthy" - the body has no idea what hit it :wink:

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

This just in
The Afl are celebrating women in football this round .
As pre-game entertainment for the Sydney/Saints game , player requested songs including fat bottomed girls , baby got back and bootylicious will be heard .
Sharpy dancing will be compulsory !

In red white and black from 73
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If you think everyone who is overweight is fat then you are really a worry. I am probably 3-4 Kgs overweight. Now if that is fat then I give up. it is a little overweight but that is all. I dont think anyone who saw me walking down the street would say i am fat.
overweight/fat and walking/waddling. These are but subjective terms however I suppose it doesn't matter what word you use if you say it like, I am 4kgs overweight or I need to lose 4kgs of fat. Same meaning isn't it?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Haven't read all of the 2 threads on SS - but found a BF post on this topic, posted at 2.20 today....

Seems like she's not overweight at all. What is true and what is media beat up?

Bazzar wrote "Total beat up and a attention seeker.

She told Mitchell this morning she was a size 8 who can slip into size 6, so a Saint calls her fat? Yer right.

She told him eating disorders are a serious health issue and shouldnt be taken lightly, thats true, but she also said she had the name of friends or an eating disorder group (or similar) tattooed on her forearm as a reminder and wanted the Saints to go with her to the group?
The skinny xxxx has had her 15 minutes of fame, now she should grab a few big macks and go away never the be heard or seen again."

My edit

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/y ... 61/page-10

Hold your ground :shock:
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I strongly encourage everyone to click on the link SainterK has kindly posted. It will help fledgling media outlets to survive and keep us supplied with quality entertainment.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

The slightly rotund girl who may have heard a derogatory comment has created total mayhem amongst the saintsational faithful. Where is Matrix with his popcorn and drink icons!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:The slightly rotund girl who may have heard a derogatory comment has created total mayhem amongst the saintsational faithful. Where is Matrix with his popcorn and drink icons!
Judging by your holiday snaps, you also have a NFC policy Tony :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

cmon
we've all been there