Milne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Milne

lummox wrote: She can't both settle the case for money, and then want him charged on top of that.

Did she settle for money? Anyway when does a civil case override a criminal case?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

lummox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Solar wrote:Perhaps I need to just let this go. Just makes me sad and feel sick
How do you think the victim feels?

Alleged victim. Remember if she was originally willing to take money instead of justice then that should change one's opinion of how reliable she is. Perhaps money is what she wanted from the start, it wouldn't be the first time.
That's unfair - if there really was a crime committed and money appeared to be the only form of justice she was going to get then maybe she settled for that being better than nothing?

you have no idea of the circumstances and you can no more intuit her motivations than you can state his guilt or innocence.......pull your head in.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
samwell
Club Player

lummox wrote:
She can't both settle the case for money, and then want him charged on top of that.

and why not exactly?????

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 2ofzh.html

'St Kilda chief Michael Nettlefold, who is overseas, had not returned calls from The Age and the AFL indicated it would release a statement regarding the charges later on Tuesday."

...what's with nettlefold being overseas at this time of year ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll: ????
Spending some of his $750k salary. i sincerely hope he's overseas on club business, but somehow i doubt it.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

So does anyone know roughly how long it will take for the court case to begin?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:What victim joffa?
No one has been found guilty of anything yet?

No victim has been declared yet?

Not defending anyone here either.
Someone's a victim....when the thing has been settled and solved we will then know who the victim is.

IF he is guilty then u can tell everyone u called it
Not calling anything, Milne has the presumption of innocence, like everyone in our society.

I think people are being pedantic saying there is no female victim here. In the eyes of the law there may not be, but if someone has been subjected to a violent assault, which what rape is, they are a victim, even there if there is not enough evidence to prove betyond a reasonable doubt.

Incredibly hard to get a rape conviction and my feeling is that Milne wont be convicted, but I still see the woman as a victim.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Was it sometime in July I read?
That it start.

Far call joffa
There's a victim somewhere.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:If they couldn't convict Lovett how could they convict Milne
It's called the jury system. The legal system's version of the lottery. Once you get in front of a jury, anything's possible.
be hard for milne to get an impartial jury or a member of one without an opinion in victoria..judging by footy crowds...
Last edited by stinger on Tue 18 Jun 2013 5:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:So does anyone know roughly how long it will take for the court case to begin?
Age says Milne faces court on July 5th

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

FQF wrote:The prosecution would not take this case to court all these years later if they did not think that they had at least a reasonable chance of a conviction.

But I would be very surprised if he is actually convicted.
You've got to be joking mate, do you honestly think the prosecution (DPP) are competent! Not having a case has never stopped them, their default position is to just accept what the complainant says. Because women never lie!!!!!!! I prove my point with the farcical prosecutions of Theo Theophanus and Andrew Lovett. There was never a skerrick of a case against them.

I have quite frankly had a gut full of the donut munching corrupt apes, that make up our Police Force. Here's a job for the so called OPI, investigate the many pigs that are corrupt. See the execution of Carl Williams, who was about to drop it on the corrupt spivs in blue he dealt with. Instead they dig up a rape case that was never a rape case, because Gillard has hysterically prosecuted a misogyny scare campaign. And the pigs in blue wonder and whine about the public not respecting them, well the lack of respect is deserved.

Good luck Milney get yourself a good lawyer and expose the bulls***.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Was it sometime in July I read?
That it start.

Far call joffa
There's a victim somewhere.

Look matrix, I am not after upsetting anyone, especially on a subject we are all sick to death of and wish it would just go away.

You are correct, plenty of victims and no winners on this one. :cry:

Lance or James??

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:It's absoultley shocking that a Police case could be tampered with in this way. Of course, I bet most people will focus on Milne and not on the corruption and cover ups that can occur in Vicpol which is a huge issue.
Indeed, St. Pav. If there is no new evidence and this is all about incompetence, dishonesty and undue influence, then there should be others in the dock after Milne. The OPI has a less than flattering record when it comes to competence, but their involvement points to the possibility of a troubling thought. That the whole case has been f@&ked up, deliberately or through incompetence. I don't know which one is worse!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

God I hope he plays another season.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Now I have read it all... It is Julia Gillards fult Milne has been charged.

FFS give me a fkn break :roll:

Lance or James??

samwell
Club Player

Moorabbin Man wrote:
FQF wrote:The prosecution would not take this case to court all these years later if they did not think that they had at least a reasonable chance of a conviction.

You've got to be joking mate, do you honestly think the prosecution (DPP) are competent! Not having a case has never stopped them, their default position is to just accept what the complainant says. Because women never lie!!!!!!! I prove my point with the farcical prosecutions of Theo Theophanus and Andrew Lovett. There was never a skerrick of a case against them.

I have quite frankly had a gut full of the donut munching corrupt apes, that make up our Police Force. Here's a job for the so called OPI, investigate the many pigs that are corrupt. See the execution of Carl Williams, who was about to drop it on the corrupt spivs in blue he dealt with. Instead they dig up a rape case that was never a rape case, because Gillard has hysterically prosecuted a misogyny scare campaign. And the pigs in blue wonder and whine about the public not respecting them, well the lack of respect is deserved.

much of a chip on that shoulder??

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

Someone's a victim....when the thing has been settled and solved we will then know who the victim is.

Not calling anything, Milne has the presumption of innocence, like everyone in our society.

I think people are being pedantic saying there is no female victim here. In the eyes of the law there may not be, but if someone has been subjected to a violent assault, which what rape is, they are a victim, even there if there is not enough evidence to prove betyond a reasonable doubt.

Incredibly hard to get a rape conviction and my feeling is that Milne wont be convicted, but I still see the woman as a victim.
Geez I've just put down my violin. Yes there is an ALLEGED victim who remains nameless whilst Milne's reputation is trashed. What you call a victim is a malicious liar, it seems you've been sucked in by Gillard's misogyny campaign. Milne is the victim here interviewed by the police 9 f****** years ago, told there was no case and now charged 9 years later. Where on earth is the fair process in that? So f*** your ANONYMOUS victim.

patto
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

Well to me, you saying she is a victim is implying that Milne is guilty. If he is then sure i agree she is the victim but it could quite easily be a false claim against a high profile sportsman. Again none of us have a clue if the victim is the woman or milne.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I don't have an opinion on this issue.

The only opinion I share is not my own, and stems from what I gleaned of a poster on here who painted this in a very different light for me.

It should never be ammunition to use at the football.

In no way does this latest set of events justify anyone to use this word freely to insult Milne, people MUST be mindful of the fact that they could potentially hurt someone who is a very real victim in your cheap attempt to pull down someone else.

Someone who may be sitting nearby does not need to hear this word bandied around.

Sadly I can see this ramping up again considerably.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

samwell wrote:
Moorabbin Man wrote:

much of a chip on that shoulder??
No, just a keen bulls*** detector and a dislike of most Police.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Now I have read it all... It is Julia Gillards fult Milne has been charged.
You know it makes sense.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:

Now that is the best lot of crap I have read on here in a while and considering some of the s*** I write you have done well to lead. Ex cop or current criminal?

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:I think the club should stand him down until the matter is resolved one way or the other.

It's not about passing judgement. It's about respecting that one of our players has been charged with a heinous act.

It's the only decent thing to do.
Well they could then shove my membership up their arse.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Interested in what new info they have. Surely it's all 'he said, she said' this far down the line, and how often does that lead to an actual conviction. Also hasn't some been followed with accusers being sued.
They must have something big.

If he is guilty without a doubt then he has to do his time.

Sadly, retirement might look certain. Can't imagine what he will go through if he stays in the spotlight.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

samwell wrote:
lummox wrote:
She can't both settle the case for money, and then want him charged on top of that.

and why not exactly?????

and well...she has..... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:Geez I've just put down my violin. Yes there is an ALLEGED victim who remains nameless whilst Milne's reputation is trashed. What you call a victim is a malicious liar, it seems you've been sucked in by Gillard's misogyny campaign. Milne is the victim here interviewed by the police 9 f****** years ago, told there was no case and now charged 9 years later. Where on earth is the fair process in that? So f*** your ANONYMOUS victim.

So who was charged again? Oh thats right the malicious liar woman.

And its now Julia Gillards fault.

Let the demonisation of the woman continue..........

spare me :roll:

Lance or James??