Time to go Clinton Jones

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Re: Time to go Clinton Jones

whiskers3614 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
spert wrote:One of the main reasons we are 2/3 is due to the leadership shown from Roo and Jones
Jones showing leadership?

Ouch! We are in more trouble than we thought!
"Fire up guys, fire up!"
Not leadership to you?
Train like me and you will learn to kick like me!!

Terribly!!

arpstk
Club Player

This thread is about those who don't know what makes a team tick. Jones is well liked by his team because of the way he puts his body on the line and supports them.
Leadership...if the new boys attack the game like CJ they will be fine footballers...TIME TO STAY CLINT JONES.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Seriously unbelievable lack of respect for a tireless worker who doesn't ever give less than 100% effort. Those of us that used to watch the Saints in the old days would have taken a loss if they gave 100% effort. It was usually a case of the towel being thrown in after a dispiriting early blow out. I will never criticise the players like Geary and CJ who may not have Goddards skills but have a huge work rate. CJ doesn't get cheap outside ball he gets in and wins it in the clinches. If we had everyone on the list playing with that effort we would be like Geelong.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Seriously unbelievable lack of respect for a tireless worker who doesn't ever give less than 100% effort. Those of us that used to watch the Saints in the old days would have taken a loss if they gave 100% effort. It was usually a case of the towel being thrown in after a dispiriting early blow out. I will never criticise the players like Geary and CJ who may not have Goddards skills but have a huge work rate. CJ doesn't get cheap outside ball he gets in and wins it in the clinches. If we had everyone on the list playing with that effort we would be like Geelong.
What a load of waffle...

Polo & Eddy gave 100% effort too, they just weren't skilled enough to remain on the list, fortunately CJ is elite as actually elite in some other areas.

Those of us that watched the saints in the old days sat through endless losses because we always had a number of spuds that couldn't use the footy.

We're not lacking role models for effort, Riewoldt, Armitage, Gilbert, Hayes, Fisher, Montagna etc all show the young guys the effort required...

If someone like Weller keeps presenting in the 2's, I think we have more to gain by giving him a few games at the expense of Jones.

For now though Jones couldn't be dropped, but a few more like last week... No problems.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

4 major kicking f*** ups.

But he offers great leadership right?

Embarrassing.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
gringo wrote:Seriously unbelievable lack of respect for a tireless worker who doesn't ever give less than 100% effort. Those of us that used to watch the Saints in the old days would have taken a loss if they gave 100% effort. It was usually a case of the towel being thrown in after a dispiriting early blow out. I will never criticise the players like Geary and CJ who may not have Goddards skills but have a huge work rate. CJ doesn't get cheap outside ball he gets in and wins it in the clinches. If we had everyone on the list playing with that effort we would be like Geelong.
What a load of waffle...

Polo & Eddy gave 100% effort too, they just weren't skilled enough to remain on the list, fortunately CJ is elite as actually elite in some other areas.

Those of us that watched the saints in the old days sat through endless losses because we always had a number of spuds that couldn't use the footy.

We're not lacking role models for effort, Riewoldt, Armitage, Gilbert, Hayes, Fisher, Montagna etc all show the young guys the effort required...

If someone like Weller keeps presenting in the 2's, I think we have more to gain by giving him a few games at the expense of Jones.

For now though Jones couldn't be dropped, but a few more like last week... No problems.
Geary and Jones work tirelessly..........for the opposition's benefit.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!