Armitage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

elizabethr
Club Player

Re: Armitage

The tit for tat banter betwixt BM and P66 is ludicrous and detracts from any possible sensible debate!

nothing to say
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:seriously you two ruin nearly every f****** thread around here with the my dick knows more about footy than your dick crap

good lord
troll bait bite troll bait bite
you do it to each other daily and must truly love the attention you give each other while trying to prove the other one wrong

no wonder we give you both shite at the sight of the first numpty comment one of you make :roll:

Agreed.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
stinger wrote:
BigMart wrote:P66

So you're not saying taping is irrelevant? You're not say he was not injured?

What exactly are you saying?

And have I read correctly in you saying, you've never seen anyone injured, then play the next week, wrongly? I would suggest it happens often... And sometimes it is costly. Sometimes it is alright...
Eg. Nigel Lappin played in a GF with broken ribs.. Clearly injured, he had numerous jabs and played?

And you can't really comment on my life, you don't know me? So it would be a waste of time writing what you imagine you think it is, because all you know is I follow stk, married with kids, work in education, play and coach sport and live on the bay... And of course get stalked on the Internet by a bloke who follows StK and likes to believe he and only he can have an opinion about anything to do with the joint?!

You're on a high horse plugger, but no one on SS thinks you should be, except of course you... With the self proclaimed importance

You answered every point.... Poorly
eddy played injured in the 2010 grandfinal replay........i think everybody knows how sick dawson was the year before....as a teen i was in the saints rooms many many times both before games and at half time .....couldn't count the number of players i saw given pain killer injections.....if plugger is saying that players don't play injured...then that's crap......
P66 quotes, taken from earlier posts in this thread;

"Its obvious that no player in the AFL is probably 100%."

"He may not be 100% but im doubting many if any players are 100% after about 2 games of footy."

"Im sure Armo isnt 100%. Im sure Lenny isnt, Im sure Rooy and Joey arent."

Yet despite these repeated statements, BM wrote "And have I read correctly in you saying, you've never seen anyone injured, then play the next week, wrongly? I would suggest it happens often..."

BM either has serious comprehension problems or is trolling.
I suggest his refusal to quote is so he can make stuff up to prove his own arguments.

This is exactly right.

Comprehension issues. And uses a non quote system to cloud discussion that he continually gets wrongs and makes stuff up.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Hit the boundary

You missed the point... So be concerned about your ability to comprehend? Or you are trolling? Otherwise why weigh in?
Why weigh in?
Firstly, it's a public forum. If you are attempting to have a private conversation then you could consider doing it by pm. PLEASE.

Secondly, I presumed (perhaps falsely) that Stinger had P66 on his "foe" list, so when he was taking what you said as gospel I posted those P66 quotes.
IMO the continual incongruence between what others write and what you state they have written shows clearly that your posting style is either deliberately mischievous or disingenuous. You constantly twist and misrepresent what others have said whilst deliberately not quoting them as this would weaken your argument. You are the king of obfuscation.

Perhaps you could consider just saying "I disagree" rather than going on and on for pages.
(Queue indignation and a "don't tell me how to post!!!!" reply. lol.)

Thirdly, rant finished, I am out of this thread, apologies to others for this off topic nonsense. I hope Armo has a quick recovery.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Not sure on that - p66 was doing his usual trick of talking himself up by claiming 'inside knowledge' on players.
Big Mart was saying there is a difference between 'playing sore/with niggles' - which happens all the time to 'wrongly' playing with an injury i.e where the affect of the injury is to the extent where you are no longer able to perform as a best 22 player because of the injury and/or the chance of re-injuring is high.
So I disagree that BM doesn't have good comprehension skills.

Plugger saying 'not 100%'
Is different
to BM saying "well under 100% - and should not play"

BMs argument is that sure - players always play under 100% - maybe they play 90% or 85% regularly BUT they can 'wrongly' play and become a liability e.g. play at say 70%.

This is completely legitimate as an argument and in the comprehension stakes.

Pluggers problem is he is a 'hanger-on' at the footy club but considers himself an 'insider'.
Insiders talk like those 'external' (e.g. fans/formunites like us) are all clueless and have no idea and only the 'insiders' really know whats going on. This is a false arrogant attitude. Arrogant because of the insider/outsider divide that exists in all professions and 'false' arrogant because plugger is not even an actual insider - merely a hanger on who picks up these attitudes from insiders and tries to replicate them on here. This explains why he is the self designated 'club spokesman' on here who thinks he is keeping all us clueless plebs straight with factual information of a club insider. This also leads him to believe that the insiders are always correct and have the best information and make the best decisions - even despite there often being clear and unequivocal evidence to the contrary.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:seriously you two ruin nearly every f****** thread around here with the my dick knows more about footy than your dick crap

good lord
troll bait bite troll bait bite
you do it to each other daily and must truly love the attention you give each other while trying to prove the other one wrong

no wonder we give you both shite at the sight of the first numpty comment one of you make :roll:
nailed it matrix

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Joffa,

Seriously, you're no better?

If you don't get your own way, you squeal like a pig....

Matrix... Aren't you the popcorn man... What happened to that bit of gold?!
Please feel free to weigh into the debate with an opinion... Or ignore

Fact is

I made a simple observation... Which most (even by later admission P66?) that Armo was playing hurt.

It had to be refuted though... No matter what

With all sorts of non sensical comedy, such as Taping/strapping being irrelevant? Then a detraction??

Not so much a debate, as a joke... Surely

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

so does anyone Know if David is out of hospital yet?
Hope eh got home for the Holidays

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I have p66 on ignore, tempted to do the same to the Best Teacher in the Universe (Big Mouth)
Joffaboy is close to being foed as well.
Stinger was on "foe" for a long time, but I took him off as I needed a regular laugh.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
dragit
Saintsational Legend

This thread needs more redeemer.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Joffa,

Seriously, you're no better?

If you don't get your own way, you squeal like a pig....

Matrix... Aren't you the popcorn man... What happened to that bit of gold?!
Please feel free to weigh into the debate with an opinion... Or ignore

Fact is

I made a simple observation... Which most (even by later admission P66?) that Armo was playing hurt.

It had to be refuted though... No matter what

With all sorts of non sensical comedy, such as Taping/strapping being irrelevant? Then a detraction??

Not so much a debate, as a joke... Surely
nailed it matrix - exhibit one

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Not sure on that - p66 was doing his usual trick of talking himself up by claiming 'inside knowledge' on players.
Big Mart was saying there is a difference between 'playing sore/with niggles' - which happens all the time to 'wrongly' playing with an injury i.e where the affect of the injury is to the extent where you are no longer able to perform as a best 22 player because of the injury and/or the chance of re-injuring is high.
So I disagree that BM doesn't have good comprehension skills.

Plugger saying 'not 100%'
Is different
to BM saying "well under 100% - and should not play"

BMs argument is that sure - players always play under 100% - maybe they play 90% or 85% regularly BUT they can 'wrongly' play and become a liability e.g. play at say 70%.

This is completely legitimate as an argument and in the comprehension stakes.

Pluggers problem is he is a 'hanger-on' at the footy club but considers himself an 'insider'.
Insiders talk like those 'external' (e.g. fans/formunites like us) are all clueless and have no idea and only the 'insiders' really know whats going on. This is a false arrogant attitude. Arrogant because of the insider/outsider divide that exists in all professions and 'false' arrogant because plugger is not even an actual insider - merely a hanger on who picks up these attitudes from insiders and tries to replicate them on here. This explains why he is the self designated 'club spokesman' on here who thinks he is keeping all us clueless plebs straight with factual information of a club insider. This also leads him to believe that the insiders are always correct and have the best information and make the best decisions - even despite there often being clear and unequivocal evidence to the contrary.

Agreed. So does your dad.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

What does Con's dad agree to?

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:What does Con's dad agree to?

That im an arrogant pig who claims inside knowledge even though this thread is completely about opinions. Having said that my opinion is im a knob.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

What's the difference between an orange?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

"I'm standing on the outside looking in.."

elizabethr
Club Player

What a shambles this thread has become, absolute insult to the player whose name appears on it !

nothing to say
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

I like dim sims.

saintbrat wrote:so does anyone Know if David is out of hospital yet?
Hope eh got home for the Holidays
No he is not and unlikely to be in the near future :(

nothing to say
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote:What a shambles this thread has become, absolute insult to the player whose name appears on it !

Insult?

Geez...

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Looks like Armo could be out for at least a month!I suppose on the plus side it will give Seb Ross a go! Apoligies for getting the thread back on track and for not being self indulgent!

PADDLEPOP1000
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
elizabethr wrote:What a shambles this thread has become, absolute insult to the player whose name appears on it !

Insult?

Geez...
It's David's aunty, she gets teary very easily...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:I like dim sims.
But he's retiring this year.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bob__71
Club Player

BigMart wrote:

There is condition staff, full time medicos and physios .... Who do you reckon straps the players... Or One of the wives, or a 72yo weird trainer who just loves giving run downs and strapping guys?
What is weird about the trainer?

elizabethr
Club Player

No nice men...it's ok , he will recover....sniff, sniff!

nothing to say