Suck it up you Lyin buzzard!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Suck it up you Lyin buzzard!

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Well this has been a very interesting read.

Will there be a thread on a Dockers forum in years to come insisting Lyon coached the team to lose against the lowly Saints in 2014?

Really a very funny concept
Lyin is such of weird creature anything is possible.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:He's topped up with old hacks like Sylvia to try and grab a flag.
But there's no new young talent coming through.

Agreed. fancy trying to actually win a flag this year. he should be worrying about 3 or 4 years after all freo just never stop winning flags.
Maybe the silly man could've learnt from his mistakes at the Saints.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:

Will there be a thread on a Dockers forum in years to come insisting Lyon coached the team to lose against the lowly Saints in 2014?

So it had nothing to do with our players like Roo getting 16 marks and 4 goals, or Rhys getting 14 marks and 3 goals, or Lenny, and Armo, and Luke Dunstan playing well.

No it was Lyon coaching to lose.

Do people really think like this or is this a pisstake?

You are garbage - Enough said
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

So it had nothing to do with our players like Roo getting 16 marks and 4 goals, or Rhys getting 14 marks and 3 goals, or Lenny, and Armo, and Luke Dunstan playing well.

Of course that helps a lot. But had he been fair dinkum and not just thought all the team had to do was just turn up I'd be amazed if it wouldn't have been a very close contest. A huge win is bizarre. You'd agree with that. They needed the win, the big loss will rattle them and they'll most likely win all their remaining H&A games.

Top 4 teams don't have "off" days to the degree Freo had. Doesn't add up.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Of course that helps a lot. But had he been fair dinkum and not just thought all the team had to do was just turn up I'd be amazed if it wouldn't have been a very close contest. A huge win is bizarre. You'd agree with that. They needed the win, the big loss will rattle them and they'll most likely win all their remaining H&A games.

Top 4 teams don't have "off" days to the degree Freo had. Doesn't add up.
Essendon killed us in 2010.

Brisbane beat us by 80 points in 2004

Geelong got beaten by Collingwood by 80 points in 2009 or 2008.

Dont you watch football?

Really your conspiracy theories are bizarre.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Lyon will absolutely spewing about losing to us. They would have been equal top on points and would most probably sew up a top 2. Then two home finals and straight into the grannie. Now its going to be a dog fight for them to finish in the top 4 and most probably will be traveling in the first week. I think they were doing a really heavy training load (Lyon said they did a light week on the track which indicates this) because they were absolutely dead out there. Freo remind me so much of St Kilda under Ross - tough as nails but also brittle - if you crack them open and stop Pavlich they don't have a plan B. Their system breaks rather than bends. Players are such slaves to the system that they don't know what to do once it fails.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:He's topped up with old hacks like Sylvia to try and grab a flag.
But there's no new young talent coming through.

Agreed. fancy trying to actually win a flag this year. he should be worrying about 3 or 4 years after all freo just never stop winning flags.
Maybe the silly man could've learnt from his mistakes at the Saints.

We can see you dont learn from your mistakes so maybe you are right.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Bluthy wrote:Lyon will absolutely spewing about losing to us. They would have been equal top on points and would most probably sew up a top 2. Then two home finals and straight into the grannie. Now its going to be a dog fight for them to finish in the top 4 and most probably will be traveling in the first week. I think they were doing a really heavy training load (Lyon said they did a light week on the track which indicates this) because they were absolutely dead out there. Freo remind me so much of St Kilda under Ross - tough as nails but also brittle - if you crack them open and stop Pavlich they don't have a plan B. Their system breaks rather than bends. Players are such slaves to the system that they don't know what to do once it fails.

Really good points Bluthy.

At halftime in the 2010 drawn GF, we were gone and the thinking was 4 goals down trhe Saints wont come back. Fortutiously Gardiner got injured and it forced Lyons hand, Kosi into the ruck, with bj and dal and Lenny third man up, Gilbo up forward, and our attacking structure changed. Instead of going to a well held Roo, we had Gilbo getting his hands on the ball up forward, and with the change around the stoppages the filth mids were nullified a tad.

Then it was the hard Lyon grind that almost got us over the line (with inspiration from Gilbo, Lenny, Gram,etc).

However it is a firm belief from this poster that if Gardy didn't get injured, Lyon wouldn't have swapped around the players ands we would have been beaten by 6-8 goals.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:so the game we lost by 15 points in the wet ... where we lost 10.23 to 10.8 ???

so by your logic Lyon coached the team to lose that game but then coached us to win our next two games ?? the very next game by 65 points ??

very strange .... so did he coach us to win the fianl against sydney ? how bout you go through and tell us what games through out 2011 Ross coached us to lose it would make for some interesting reading ...

as for making it personal where did i do that ? and is calling me a clown making it personal ? face it your theroy is shot saying lyon didnt coach to win a game in round 22 but he did in round 23 ,round 24 and the first final .... you are wrong and your basis of hating lyon is both childish and factualy incorrect ...
once again personal insults...or isn't calling someone childish insulting where you come from????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
stinger wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
stinger wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:It makes more sense than Lyon deliberately throwing finals.
were you at both or either games...i was...he didn't try and win them.....you have a short memory...
I wasn't at either game but saw them both. We were beaten by a better team both times.

If it was true it would be one of the biggest stories of all time, but it seems you're the only one who knows about it.

rubbish...go back and have a look at the posts surrounding the swine game in sydney and the selections made on the thursday night...i wasn't the only one saying at the time that lyon wasn't coaching to win...i left that game furious as all hell...i rememberit well...you obviously don't
Ah yes, I remember it well.

Subject: Ross offered big bucks for Melbourne gig?????
stinger wrote:saw the interview on one week at a time......i love ross these days...in a manly sort of way......gawd he interviews well...sticks up for the boys and at the same time puts mug journos back in their box...in a nice way of course....

thought the guys looked off on sunday......couple of them(3) had a virus earlier in the week
well i quickly fell out of love ..found out he was a turd...everyone makes mistakes...even tony it would seem....

"

Postby tony74 » Mon 22 Aug 9:44 pm
Looked at me straight in the eyes on Wednesday and said he wants to stay with the Saints.

Said he loves the club.

In Ross we trust."

...but then again he was dealing with an experienced double dealing liar....
Last edited by stinger on Tue 29 Jul 2014 8:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
stinger wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
stinger wrote:
were you at both or either games...i was...he didn't try and win them.....you have a short memory...
I wasn't at either game but saw them both. We were beaten by a better team both times.

If it was true it would be one of the biggest stories of all time, but it seems you're the only one who knows about it.

rubbish...go back and have a look at the posts surrounding the swine game in sydney and the selections made on the thursday night...i wasn't the only one saying at the time that lyon wasn't coaching to win...i left that game furious as all hell...i rememberit well...you obviously don't

stinger wrote:saw the interview on one week at a time......i love ross these days...in a manly sort of way......gawd he interviews well...sticks up for the boys and at the same time puts mug journos back in their box...in a nice way of course....

thought the guys looked off on sunday......couple of them(3) had a virus earlier in the week

Some of those posts are embarrassing.

I put my hand up!
:wink:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... dealing with an expewrienced double dealing liar....
never a truer word spoken.
... without doubt.
... repeatedly proven.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Ah yes, I remember it well.

Now that is funny,

Hindsight, but in a kind of demented alternative reality… where you wished that knew something in the past.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
stinger wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
stinger wrote:

well i quickly fell out of love ..found out he was a turd...everyone makes mistakes...even tony it would seem....

"

Postby tony74 » Mon 22 Aug 9:44 pm
Looked at me straight in the eyes on Wednesday and said he wants to stay with the Saints.

Said he loves the club.

In Ross we trust."

...but then again he was dealing with an expewrienced double dealing liar....

But havent you told us you never liked RL. As I said most who claim they never liked him are actually hindsighters. I was always pretty sure you liked him Stinger no matter how much you protested otherwise. Sounds like you are exactly like you called him.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

so Stinger you still maintaining he coached to lose ??

and secondly ... i said your opinion on Lyon is childish i didnt call you childish ... although seeing the way you are carrying on about me suposedly getting personal maybe that shoe really does fit .. again lets remember you called me a clown (not that im offended by that mind you cause i have tend to have a thicker skin to name calling ) all i said was your thinking is childish ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:well i quickly fell out of love ..found out he was a turd...everyone makes mistakes...
We all fall out of love at some stage.

But you are claiming you have such a good memory of that time and how you and others felt about Lyon around the Sydney game in Sydney in 2011.
but two days after you "left that game furious" when "lyon wasn't coaching to win" you have backed him to the hilt:
saw the interview on one week at a time......i love ross these days...in a manly sort of way......gawd he interviews well...sticks up for the boys and at the same time puts mug journos back in their box...in a nice way of course....

:?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

so can we put this to bed and say Stinger really didnt think Lyon was a dud until the moment he left us ... can we also confirm now that the idea Lyon coached to lose is totally absurd and based on nothing but sour grapes that the coach walked out on the team so its easier to make him out to be a super villan that we never really liked any way then admit the truth that we lost a damn good coach who simply got a better offer ...

either that or we really need to reinvestigate that grassy knoll and find the lyon (sorry lyin) link ;) :) ;)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:so can we put this to bed and say Stinger really didnt think Lyon was a dud until the moment he left us ... can we also confirm now that the idea Lyon coached to lose is totally absurd and based on nothing but sour grapes that the coach walked out on the team so its easier to make him out to be a super villan that we never really liked any way then admit the truth that we lost a damn good coach who simply got a better offer ...

either that or we really need to reinvestigate that grassy knoll and find the lyon (sorry lyin) link ;) :) ;)
or a third possibility - he was not perfect and made mistakes

Seeya
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:so can we put this to bed and say Stinger really didnt think Lyon was a dud until the moment he left us ... can we also confirm now that the idea Lyon coached to lose is totally absurd and based on nothing but sour grapes that the coach walked out on the team so its easier to make him out to be a super villan that we never really liked any way then admit the truth that we lost a damn good coach who simply got a better offer ...

he did coach to lose in his last year.. well he didn't coach to win if you like.....he was already gone...just a physical presence left...i didn't twig about the final game until he signed with freo...i retract nothing...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:

or a third possibility - he was not perfect and made mistakes

well yes...that too.... :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

he did coach to lose in his last year.. well he didn't coach to win if you like.....he was already gone...just a physical presence left...i didn't twig about the final game until he signed with freo...i retract nothing...

So he wanted the players he respected and they respected him to lose? Yep that makes sense. maybe you didnt twig until he left because you cracked the sads with him and kicked the toys out of the cot. Of course he tried to win. Why wouldnt he? In the NRL coaches know they are going to s different club before the season ends and no one has ever said they arent trying to win and the same goes with the players and anyway there is no proof at all RL knew he was leaving at that stage. matter of fact all i have read said he was staying at the saints.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
stinger wrote:well i quickly fell out of love ..found out he was a turd...everyone makes mistakes...
We all fall out of love at some stage.

But you are claiming you have such a good memory of that time and how you and others felt about Lyon around the Sydney game in Sydney in 2011.
but two days after you "left that game furious" when "lyon wasn't coaching to win" you have backed him to the hilt:
saw the interview on one week at a time......i love ross these days...in a manly sort of way......gawd he interviews well...sticks up for the boys and at the same time puts mug journos back in their box...in a nice way of course....

:?
it all became perfectly clear to me when the prick left.....

..at the time i was furious after the home and away swine game ...probably willing to forgive at the time. and had calmed down by the time of posting..later on not so much....i still have clear memories of that game....

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

But nobody posted at the time that Lyon wasn't coaching to win as you claimed.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:so Stinger you still maintaining he coached to lose ??

and secondly ... i said your opinion on Lyon is childish i didnt call you childish ... although seeing the way you are carrying on about me suposedly getting personal maybe that shoe really does fit .. again lets remember you called me a clown (not that im offended by that mind you cause i have tend to have a thicker skin to name calling ) all i said was your thinking is childish ...
yes...or didn't coach to win...

all your posting directed to me on this subject have intended to demean me.....what other reason did you have for posting those silly images ????

i'm not responding to you on this subject anymore...i have my views on lyin...a disgraceful excuse for a human being...you have yours...you are entitled to your views...as i am mine

stinger
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:But nobody posted at the time that Lyon wasn't coaching to win as you claimed.
you haven't looked hard enough... :evil: