Saints to trade with the swines?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints to trade with the swines?

evo wrote:We will take Petracca IF we still hold pick #1, but I think we have not finished negotiating with GWS yet.
I would only trade pick 1 if it included getting pick 3 back our way.....Unless one of Boyd, Cameron, Shiel or Treloar were involved.

PvBeetle

I rate Mitchell (when he's fit), but would rather seriously negotiate for Kristian Jacksh.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
evo wrote:We will take Petracca IF we still hold pick #1, but I think we have not finished negotiating with GWS yet.
I would only trade pick 1 if it included getting pick 3 back our way.....Unless one of Boyd, Cameron, Shiel or Treloar were involved.

It will be pick 4 I would think.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

If GWS have Pick 4 instead of 3, a trade for pick 1 would be more attractive to them. I would want Pick 4 and their compensation pick at end of round one at least from them.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
darylcowie wrote:just checked out Petracca in action via the link in this thread.

Thoughts: a unique talent, hard to equate him with any mid currently playing off the top of my head.

An inside mid, hard bodied, great acceleration, good decision maker, penetrating kick, good overhead.

One commentator said there was a hard ball to won, enter Petracca, time and again.

In terms of our list, he is a righ-footed Armitage with pace and good decision making, which doesn't bode too well for Armo, given Dunstan will be an upgrade on him soon!

I guess it gets down to whether we want a mid or key forward with pick one, I think the former, even though Wright looks a beauty to me too.

Either way, we should not be gift wrapping Petracca to the swines or any other contenders.

To me he plays most like Josh Kennedy from the Swans but there are elements of Rischuto, Dangerfield and Judd. Possibly even a bit of Nate Fyfe. Big unit who runs at the contest and usually wins it. Big forceful and powerful rather than finessing and delicate.

I have been talking about this at Bigfooty - that the elite players have the finesse and class or touch coupled with drive and application. Guys like Dal have amazing skills but possibly not the internal drive to put every bit of his being into the contest where Lenny and Harves never left anything behind on the field but possibly weren't the most gifted in the natural talent stakes.I'd say that Ablett Jnr and Buddy are the two where they could be classed as both there are others that are similar but not the balance. If Billings is the exceptionally skilled type I think Petracca is leaning more to the Lenny and Harves ability to dominate through internal drive- that said he's no slouch at kicking a goal or getting clearances.

It seems you see a lot more than those whose job it is to look at these players. If he was all of that he would have been a clear number one months ago. I think we will get him but I hope they look at favourable swap. Never close your eyes to a trade whatever the pick. Gringo how many times have you seen this guy play just our of interest?
I have seen him in one game, a few different lots of highlights, TAC futurestars and then read up lots by people who I think are very well qualified to judge and also have a friend who watches lots of TAC games and who gives me good reports on players. Petracca is by all reports the most likely to be a gun from the top 5 highest rated players. I'm not sure how many games you have watched to have a solid opinion on anything either.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
darylcowie wrote:just checked out Petracca in action via the link in this thread.

Thoughts: a unique talent, hard to equate him with any mid currently playing off the top of my head.

An inside mid, hard bodied, great acceleration, good decision maker, penetrating kick, good overhead.

One commentator said there was a hard ball to won, enter Petracca, time and again.

In terms of our list, he is a righ-footed Armitage with pace and good decision making, which doesn't bode too well for Armo, given Dunstan will be an upgrade on him soon!

I guess it gets down to whether we want a mid or key forward with pick one, I think the former, even though Wright looks a beauty to me too.

Either way, we should not be gift wrapping Petracca to the swines or any other contenders.

To me he plays most like Josh Kennedy from the Swans but there are elements of Rischuto, Dangerfield and Judd. Possibly even a bit of Nate Fyfe. Big unit who runs at the contest and usually wins it. Big forceful and powerful rather than finessing and delicate.

I have been talking about this at Bigfooty - that the elite players have the finesse and class or touch coupled with drive and application. Guys like Dal have amazing skills but possibly not the internal drive to put every bit of his being into the contest where Lenny and Harves never left anything behind on the field but possibly weren't the most gifted in the natural talent stakes.I'd say that Ablett Jnr and Buddy are the two where they could be classed as both there are others that are similar but not the balance. If Billings is the exceptionally skilled type I think Petracca is leaning more to the Lenny and Harves ability to dominate through internal drive- that said he's no slouch at kicking a goal or getting clearances.

It seems you see a lot more than those whose job it is to look at these players. If he was all of that he would have been a clear number one months ago. I think we will get him but I hope they look at favourable swap. Never close your eyes to a trade whatever the pick. Gringo how many times have you seen this guy play just our of interest?
I have seen him in one game, a few different lots of highlights, TAC futurestars and then read up lots by people who I think are very well qualified to judge and also have a friend who watches lots of TAC games and who gives me good reports on players. Petracca is by all reports the most likely to be a gun from the top 5 highest rated players. I'm not sure how many games you have watched to have a solid opinion on anything either.
Ive seen 2 games but you are one claiming all these things about him, not me. You do get that don't you. Also those who judge the draft are saying its still not cut and dried for pick one. Reckon they know more than both of us.