We will target Sloane at end of season!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Re: We will target Sloane at end of season!!

saintsRrising wrote:It still gets bacl to him being contracted...so we could only get him if we gace up a lot....and we do not a havea lot that we can give up!!!!!!!!!

Soa FA will be much better for us. Much better.
Tend to agree. We'd want Danger compo for our first, top 3 is way too much to give up.

For sure, FA is the best way and Hanners next year could be that - but beggars cant be choosers and I would happily accept any a grade talent to the club.

Ill be watching Vic Country tomorrow though so to get a super mid isnt such a bad consolation prize if we dont get an a grade mid traded to us

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I don't want us to give up any of our young high end talent, and I don't want us trading away any first or second round draft picks.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:I don't want us to give up any of our young high end talent, and I don't want us trading away any first or second round draft picks.

Well that is clearly silly. if we were offered Shiel you would take it for pick one or two for sure. he still has 10 years left. If it was a 26 year old, no way IMO.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:I don't want us to give up any of our young high end talent, and I don't want us trading away any first or second round draft picks.

Well that is clearly silly. if we were offered Shiel you would take it for pick one or two for sure. he still has 10 years left. If it was a 26 year old, no way IMO.
Call me when we are offered Dylan Shiel and I'll talk, until then no trading away of high draft picks or high end talent.

kalsaint
Club Player

Shiel and Sloane are both unlikely movers.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Call me when the draft is on.
I don't think we will be recruiting anyone this year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Call me when we are offered Dylan Shiel and I'll talk, until then no trading away of high draft picks or high end talent.

So you are prepared to trade early picks then? Fair enough too.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Would rather do what West Coast did to us with Cripps or Collingwood with Ball - give us nothing - or next to nothing.
A lot of these gws players are going to want to leave anyway when they are sick of playing for nobody and no culture. And by that stage, with all the high draft picks we are going to get in the next three years, we will be building to something big, so guys like Sloane and Whitfield who barracked for us growing up anyway will be able to leave under FA and join us.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Call me when the draft is on.

Old Brian Speaking has us doing some kind of massive deal no one saw coming thing ATM. Some have decided it might be Aish. Apparently we were approached or something. Some have since decided it might be us trading out a big name player. What would people say to Rooey playing a final year at GWS for Shiel or Treloar? Can't imagine we would let Armo or Steven go now and there is only really Bruce, Paddy Mac and Billings that would make anyone offer overs for. Spencer might tempt someone who thinks they could get the most out of him but surely only a pick in the teens at best.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

Old Brian Speaking has us doing some kind of massive deal no one saw coming thing ATM. Some have decided it might be Aish. Apparently we were approached or something. Some have since decided it might be us trading out a big name player. What would people say to Rooey playing a final year at GWS for Shiel or Treloar? Can't imagine we would let Armo or Steven go now and there is only really Bruce, Paddy Mac and Billings that would make anyone offer overs for. Spencer might tempt someone who thinks they could get the most out of him but surely only a pick in the teens at best.

Well I think that is all fantasyland stuff. Rooy leaving. About a million to one. Spencer getting a pick in the teens. he may pick up a teen but he wouldn't get better than about 60 and I doubt he is really tradable at all. Whoever Brian speaking is I don't know but when he is mentioned on here I doubt he has ever got one right.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

The guy is full of s***

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
gringo wrote:

The guy is full of s***
His initials are 'BS'.

He seems like one of those guys that makes lots of big calls and then when 1 out of 100 comes good he claims he is a genius. Noone remembers the 99/100 he gets wrong.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Was this in the Melbourne Sunday papers? There was a story in the Perth Sunday paper on Sloane saying this talk about going to the Saints or elsewhere is just media hype. He said his manager has not had any contact from St Kilda, he wants to stay with Adelaide, his manager is in discussions with Adelaide currently re contract. He & his manager and Adelaide (didn't say who) recently had talks about where they see Adelaide etc in the future.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
gringo wrote:

The guy is full of s***
His initials are 'BS'.

He seems like one of those guys that makes lots of big calls and then when 1 out of 100 comes good he claims he is a genius. Noone remembers the 99/100 he gets wrong.
Now says its a recent best and fairest at another club has approached us. People are thinking Luke Parker, Rockliff etc.

Junior
Club Player

It is Brendon Goodard, recent best and fairest winner at the Injectors. :D

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
gringo wrote:

The guy is full of s***
His initials are 'BS'.

Now says its a recent best and fairest at another club has approached us. People are thinking Luke Parker, Rockliff etc.

He is good this bloke. Probably fluked a couple years ago and now they trust him. He would be loving it.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

There is no doubting he has his contacts, he loves the drama of it all but of course, not everything will actually pan out as so much water would be to go under the bridge between now and October. I actually don't mind hearing about the rumours, he isn't as well connected as Tony74, but he still has some reasonable info and that's a lot more input than some of the snipers here and at BF have.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!