I'm torn...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm torn...

saintsRrising wrote:Payne is stilla chance.
"Still a chance"! I should hope so. He isn't 19 yet and he's been on the list for just 6 months. How could anyone be writing him off now?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:Lonie pick 42
Sinclair rookie pick.

Sonfar they were our best picks last year

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-06-0 ... -schneider

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote: You don't quite get footy but that's ok. We need all types on here. Yep managers and players understand footy but if you show no improvement then there is no potential. Not caring if you own side wins shows how little people have looked at the last 20 years of footy and its even less important to lose now that there is basically no PP. Any team who doesn't have their foot to pedal has the wrong people in charge. Melbourne got charged with tanking, well sort of, and look how that has helped. They didn't have their foot to the pedal and they haven't shown great improvement. Hope we keep winning and cop the pick we cop. To hope otherwise suggests a complete lack of footy knowledge and history.

My MO is obvious here. I want us to win every game. I hope that is ok? Probably not though because you don't care if we win. Each to their own.
You really are a condescending piece of crap at times Plugger but that's ok I guess we need all types on here. I maintain we use the equalization policy to our advantage. We bottomed out under the policy and went to the top.
A footy expert like yourself would easily see the potential the Saints have as would the managers and oppo players. and when we top up I hope to not only win every game but to get flags To hope otherwise suggests a complete lack of footy knowledge and history.

back to you and please show a little more respect.

So you can have a go at me but when I have a go at you, you sook up. Pretty weak. I maintain we finish as high as we possibly can and that will still get us a top 5 pick. I maintain that finishing bottom only gets you one pick better than the premiers and then you get worse picks. I maintain we have improved this year without our first pick but with later picks. I maintain its overrated trying to not win games. I maintain that lat time we bottom out we got 2 priority picks that don't exist anymore. I maintain that players don't usually want to go to sounds that haven't bottomed out. 2 or 3 wins this year would have meant we hadn't bottomed out. I maintain that maintain is an annoying word.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote: You don't quite get footy but that's ok. We need all types on here. Yep managers and players understand footy but if you show no improvement then there is no potential. Not caring if you own side wins shows how little people have looked at the last 20 years of footy and its even less important to lose now that there is basically no PP. Any team who doesn't have their foot to pedal has the wrong people in charge. Melbourne got charged with tanking, well sort of, and look how that has helped. They didn't have their foot to the pedal and they haven't shown great improvement. Hope we keep winning and cop the pick we cop. To hope otherwise suggests a complete lack of footy knowledge and history.

My MO is obvious here. I want us to win every game. I hope that is ok? Probably not though because you don't care if we win. Each to their own.
You really are a condescending piece of crap at times Plugger but that's ok I guess we need all types on here. I maintain we use the equalization policy to our advantage. We bottomed out under the policy and went to the top.
A footy expert like yourself would easily see the potential the Saints have as would the managers and oppo players. and when we top up I hope to not only win every game but to get flags To hope otherwise suggests a complete lack of footy knowledge and history.

So you can have a go at me but when I have a go at you, you sook up. Pretty weak. I maintain we finish as high as we possibly can and that will still get us a top 5 pick. I maintain that finishing bottom only gets you one pick better than the premiers and then you get worse picks. I maintain we have improved this year without our first pick but with later picks. I maintain its overrated trying to not win games. I maintain that lat time we bottom out we got 2 priority picks that don't exist anymore. I maintain that players don't usually want to go to sounds that haven't bottomed out. 2 or 3 wins this year would have meant we hadn't bottomed out. I maintain that maintain is an annoying word.
+1

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Natalie Imbruglia's posting now?
I thought it might've been James Kelly Image

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Payne is stilla chance.
"Still a chance"! I should hope so. He isn't 19 yet and he's been on the list for just 6 months. How could anyone be writing him off now?
Well I did not write him off at all.

The context of my post was that the 2014 draftt looks to be exceptional in how many players it looks like producing who will become regular senior players.

Payne is still a chance. Yes accurate as written. However odds are as a late rookie he will not make it. Not writing him off or on at present, but I will stick by "still a chance'"

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

You call me weak? Have we met? I'm sure if we were conversing in person I'm 100% sure you would talk in a different tone Keyboard warrior. 90% of your posts on here are in the negative to anyones thoughts, that is just your thing I guess..judging by your post count you spend much of your life on here.. I have my thoughts on the matter you have yours..so why go on with it ? An earlier pick than others allows you to select the player you need for balance.
As I said would prefer to converse with you in person..you are just annoying on here.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

You call me weak? Have we met? I'm sure if we were conversing in person I'm 100% sure you would talk in a different tone Keyboard warrior. 90% of your posts on here are in the negative to anyones thoughts. I have my thoughts on the matter you have yours..so why go on with it ? An earlier pick than others allows you to select the player you need for balance.
As I said would prefer to converse with you in person..you are just annoying on here.

Fireman did you actually read what I wrote. I never called you weak. I said your sooking was weak. 90% of my posts aren't negative but you like others think you are negative if you don't whinge about umpires, the AFL, the papers, the pope etc. And why go on? because we can. And I notice you went on again but I chose not to so I say why go on?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I've worked you out Plug, you delight in confrontation in an internet forum, I have seen many confrontations you have had with others on here, it's who you are.
PS As I said you would not talk to me like that in person.

You can have the last word I have lost interest.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I've worked you out Plug, you delight in confrontation in an internet forum, I have seen many confrontations you have had with others on here, it's who you are.

Talk like that? You were the one who started the personal stuff but then expect to be spoken to like a gentleman. How about forget the personal stuff because I certainly have no interest in it until others start. Its easy to say you wouldn't speak to me like you do on here either. Means jack though. I was discussing the topic. You didn't like my discussion and got upset and started saying things about my MO and crap. One thing I cant stand is people who give it out but then don't expect it back. And it was hardly earth shattering what I said anyway.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I've worked you out Plug, you delight in confrontation in an internet forum, I have seen many confrontations you have had with others on here, it's who you are.

Talk like that? You were the one who started the personal stuff but then expect to be spoken to like a gentleman. How about forget the personal stuff because I certainly have no interest in it until others start. Its easy to say you wouldn't speak to me like you do on here either. Means jack though. I was discussing the topic. You didn't like my discussion and got upset and started saying things about my MO and crap. One thing I cant stand is people who give it out but then don't expect it back. And it was hardly earth shattering what I said anyway.

Come on man, you are just continuing on when he's said enough is enough. I think you are arguing with yourself now. These threads get really boring when their are petty battles happening all the time. I can't even remember what the thread was about any more.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Come on man, you are just continuing on when he's said enough is enough. I think you are arguing with yourself now. These threads get really boring when their are petty battles happening all the time. I can't even remember what the thread was about any more.

Unless you also cant read he said I can have the last word. seriously some on here just don't read. Even if he didn't say that why does he automatically get the last word at having a go at me especially when he also started with the first word. And it took me all of 2 seconds to find something about this thread. And people say todays youth want instant gratification.

evo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Unless you also cant read he said I can have the last word. seriously some on here just don't read. Even if he didn't say that why does he automatically get the last word at having a go at me especially when he also started with the first word. And it took me all of 2 seconds to find something about this thread. And people say todays youth want instant gratification.

I am in my late sixtees and I don't mind a bit of instant gratification.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I am in my late sixtees and I don't mind a bit of instant gratification.
Great effort at your age if its instant.

citywest

minneapolis wrote:
We have a talent base but not enough genuine A-Grade midfielders. I see two KPP's and perhaps a talented ruckman coming through but I don't see any midfielders of superior game-winning quality. I like what's happening so far but I am really concerned that the talent is base is not enough to win a flag yet.
I agree 100% with you Minneapolis and that's exactly why I don't want the Saints to win any more that 6 games this year and next. Rooey, Joey, Fish, Dempster will all be retired by the end of 2016...Probably Gilbert as well. Mcartin replaces Rooey, Goddard replaces Fish no problem there. The conundrum is where are our young 'A' grade midfielders going to come from? If we finish too high this year and next on the back of the oldies, we won't have access to top 5 picks to replace the oldies. This may mean we will not get those 'A' grade midfielders which we desperately need if we are going to push for a flag post 2018. We may get lucky and recruit another Dal Santo with pick 13 but I would like our chances much more if we had pick 5 or better. Short term pain for long term gain....(s)aint that the truth.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

OMG as my daughter would say.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

citywest wrote:
minneapolis wrote:
We have a talent base but not enough genuine A-Grade midfielders. I see two KPP's and perhaps a talented ruckman coming through but I don't see any midfielders of superior game-winning quality. I like what's happening so far but I am really concerned that the talent is base is not enough to win a flag yet.
I agree 100% with you Minneapolis and that's exactly why I don't want the Saints to win any more that 6 games this year and next. Rooey, Joey, Fish, Dempster will all be retired by the end of 2016...Probably Gilbert as well. Mcartin replaces Rooey, Goddard replaces Fish no problem there. The conundrum is where are our young 'A' grade midfielders going to come from? If we finish too high this year and next on the back of the oldies, we won't have access to top 5 picks to replace the oldies. This may mean we will not get those 'A' grade midfielders which we desperately need if we are going to push for a flag post 2018. We may get lucky and recruit another Dal Santo with pick 13 but I would like our chances much more if we had pick 5 or better. Short term pain for long term gain....(s)aint that the truth.
So lets get this straight. We have 13 games left and we have won three. You want us to only win 3 of those thirteen.

So you want us to lose at least ten more matches in 2015.

Supporters are supposed to want their team to win, but by your own words will actively barrack for the Saints to lose 10 more matches.

In my opinion that is a disgraceful position for a supporter to hold.

Oh and a Dal Santo at thirteen

Acres # 17
Dunstan#18
McKenzie #22
Lonie# 37
Bruce # 48

any one of those could easily be as good as Dal Santo.

Fair Dinkum, fancy wanting your team to lose on some future possible scenario.

really a very poor attitude.

personally I support my team. We have thirteen more matches, I want them to win every single one, not barrack for them to lose because someone made up an arbitary number of matches to win.

You are garbage - Enough said
felix
Club Player

1965 is 2009

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I agree with you BM. We've lost enough matches in my lifetime to last tge rest of my life. We average a wooden spoon once every four years and some peanut wants more?
I can't see us finishing lower than 16th or higher 14th this year no matter what we do. Surely whether we have pick 3 or 5 won't make any difference. If you look at the 2013 draft every kid taken between 2 and 7 looks the goods at thus stage.
And that's just the first pick. What you do with the rest of your picks is probably more important. Any idiot can pick a good play in the top five, it's pick good ones in the later rounds that matters just as much.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

What Bunk Moreland said.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

felix wrote:1965 is 2009
I think some people wish 2015 was 1983 and we get the next four number one picks. Imagine the team we'd have.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:1965 is 2009
1966 is 2010 ∴ 2010 is 2054

:(

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BTW. I didn't bother originally responding to this because when I saw the title of this thread I thought CW was referring to something that was anatomical, medical and very very personal...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stjay
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
citywest wrote:
minneapolis wrote:
So lets get this straight. We have 13 games left and we have won three. You want us to only win 3 of those thirteen.

So you want us to lose at least ten more matches in 2015.

Supporters are supposed to want their team to win, but by your own words will actively barrack for the Saints to lose 10 more matches.

In my opinion that is a disgraceful position for a supporter to hold.

Oh and a Dal Santo at thirteen

Acres # 17
Dunstan#18
McKenzie #22
Lonie# 37
Bruce # 48

any one of those could easily be as good as Dal Santo.

Fair Dinkum, fancy wanting your team to lose on some future possible scenario.

really a very poor attitude.

personally I support my team. We have thirteen more matches, I want them to win every single one, not barrack for them to lose because someone made up an arbitary number of matches to win.

Agree with you for all your reasons BM. It is a point of view which simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny. It is as if we standstill in attracting & building the talent pool if we win games from here - as though the only quality players are to be found between picks 1-5. It is just not logical and, as you rightly point out, a very poor attitude for a supporter to have. We may only win another 3 games considering who we still have to play but a supporter should want them to win every game.
It is a loser's mentality.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Teflon wrote:
. We stopped that when we stopped being Rods and Grants play thing.
Rubbish. Wastaway and his cronies were the biggest disaster to hit the Saints apart from our inept recruiting department.
While Rod and GT certainly had their issues at least thaey propelled upwards.

Wastaway was just a cancer that ate away at the club. Arrogont tosser that was too good to mix with the average fan except when he was chasing votes for FF. "Right", no at all. "Wrong" would have been much more appropriate.

I agree that out most recent Board is going ok, but anyone that thinks there is any democracy in who gets onto our Board is delusional. However at least it is not just a case of who has the most money gets the most say as it has been at the Blues for so long.
YAWN as always miss the entire point and contradict yourself beautifully in your last sentence which was MY point.

Aside from Westaways incompetence (no debate here) THE POINT is the last time wehad a true messiah complex at the club was under Butters and Thomas who were gonna save us - Carlton still suffer this via Mattheson and others meddling in the background with big cheque books demanding Board positions for mates. We appear free from this at present.

Do please tell me how this is rubbish??

“Yeah….nah””