Hird sacked

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Hird sacked

ozrulestrace wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:So Dustin Fletcher in his book says he would get an injection in the morning and Dank would forget and tell him he needed one in the afternoon. I mean, this is not normal. Sh*t was out of control.

Dustin Fletcher I think had blood on his hands over the dismissal of Matthew Knights, what comes around goes around.

Speaking of Matty Knights - caught yesterday dusting off his old Bombers gear and enjoying the sun on a lovely Melbourne day

You are garbage - Enough said
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Saint wagga wrote:I dont think the WADA case is out to prove they were blatant drug cheats - even comparing them to Armstrong shows how far from the actual issue the whole saga has come. We aren't trying to prove that the whole squad was juiced up to the eyeballs in known proven performance enhacing substances like EPO and HGH like Lance Armstrong was. Read Tyler Hamilton's book 'the secret race' or David Walsh's books on the Armstrong stuff and if you still think there is even a comparison there, we can discuss that...

We are talking about technicalities here, wording, 'comfortable satisfaction'...even the substances, or to be extact, substance...it's so small time, not even a proven performance enhacing substance in an athletic context.

I think it's clear from what we have heard (and half the problem is we shouldn't have heard any of it, it should all have been behind closed doors hearings and completely confidential until final verdicts - That is the one of the biggest punishments for player and club)...that Essendon just wanted to run a supplements program that was cutting edge but legal, they had plenty of cash to spend in the footy department. WHo doesn't want to do that! That the governance was so poor has already been highlighted, allowing Dank to work in far too much isolation and without medical supervision.

But at the end of the day, it's going to come down to words/scraps of circumstantial evidence/legal speak etc... that will decide the players fate. We aren't going to uncover any rampart performance enhancing use. It just didn't happen.

I don't hate Essendon, i want them to become a powerful on field force again, because they have a massive supporter base and when they are up and about, like the tigers, blues etc...Footy is better for it...much like clubs like Parramatta and the bulldoge in the NRL, they are barometer clubs.

I also want to add that I dont' think any of this is a 'win' for clean sport...if anything it's highlighted how farcical the whole system of drug testing and hearings are. It has erroded public confidence in our sporting codes, their edministration, the link between polotics and the fat cat sports admin bodies and also erroded confidence in the way these issues are investigated to the highest level. It's also highlighted how hard it is to judge cases alongside eachother and come to a fair punishment eg: Saad.

It has also reminded me of how infuential the media can be in pushing agendas and basically getting an outcome that is desired by them. And that stinks! As BJ pointed out, every person that has leaked confidential information is a bottom feader and if ever outed, gee whiz, they should get whats coming their way!
Which AFL funded PR agency sent you here champ? That’s total PR spin there!

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
The_Merchant
Club Player

IanRush wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:I dont think the WADA case is out to prove they were blatant drug cheats - even comparing them to Armstrong shows how far from the actual issue the whole saga has come. We aren't trying to prove that the whole squad was juiced up to the eyeballs in known proven performance enhacing substances like EPO and HGH like Lance Armstrong was. Read Tyler Hamilton's book 'the secret race' or David Walsh's books on the Armstrong stuff and if you still think there is even a comparison there, we can discuss that...

We are talking about technicalities here, wording, 'comfortable satisfaction'...even the substances, or to be extact, substance...it's so small time, not even a proven performance enhacing substance in an athletic context.

I think it's clear from what we have heard (and half the problem is we shouldn't have heard any of it, it should all have been behind closed doors hearings and completely confidential until final verdicts - That is the one of the biggest punishments for player and club)...that Essendon just wanted to run a supplements program that was cutting edge but legal, they had plenty of cash to spend in the footy department. WHo doesn't want to do that! That the governance was so poor has already been highlighted, allowing Dank to work in far too much isolation and without medical supervision.

But at the end of the day, it's going to come down to words/scraps of circumstantial evidence/legal speak etc... that will decide the players fate. We aren't going to uncover any rampart performance enhancing use. It just didn't happen.

I don't hate Essendon, i want them to become a powerful on field force again, because they have a massive supporter base and when they are up and about, like the tigers, blues etc...Footy is better for it...much like clubs like Parramatta and the bulldoge in the NRL, they are barometer clubs.

I also want to add that I dont' think any of this is a 'win' for clean sport...if anything it's highlighted how farcical the whole system of drug testing and hearings are. It has erroded public confidence in our sporting codes, their edministration, the link between polotics and the fat cat sports admin bodies and also erroded confidence in the way these issues are investigated to the highest level. It's also highlighted how hard it is to judge cases alongside eachother and come to a fair punishment eg: Saad.

It has also reminded me of how infuential the media can be in pushing agendas and basically getting an outcome that is desired by them. And that stinks! As BJ pointed out, every person that has leaked confidential information is a bottom feader and if ever outed, gee whiz, they should get whats coming their way!
Seems like a pretty fair and balanced opinion to me.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

As if Parramatta is a leading NRL club, they are in some strife too.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
Saint wagga
Club Player

IanRush wrote:As if Parramatta is a leading NRL club, they are in some strife too.
Mate, I'm currently not loving the AFL admin at the moment - I hate how they have meddled in the Essendon Saga and it's such a bad look, they haven't done themselves any favours at all in the PR stakes all by themselves!!

As for Parra in the NRL, my point was, it's rugby league heartland, they have a rusted on supporter base and when they are up and going (the last time was 2009) the NRL is better for it. It's an iconic club from the 80's glory years, quite a few parralels with the dons there.

And much like the dons, blues, tigers, have struggled to adjust to the new order of things in the modern NRL clinging to past glories, bogged down by board infighting and factional rubbish. That was my point.

stkfc1
Club Player

I normally don't read the Murdoch Spun newspaper but I had a quick flick through this morning waiting on a coffee. My Lord, they are making out like Hird should be nominated for Australian of the year or something. I know I shouldn't expect anything semi intelligent in that rag of a newspaper but the absolute delusional,contrived dribble that was being written about how poorly done by he was and how he's come out with dignity and good grace. Flower me! I nearly threw my coffee up all over it.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Saint wagga wrote:
IanRush wrote:As if Parramatta is a leading NRL club, they are in some strife too.
Mate, I'm currently not loving the AFL admin at the moment - I hate how they have meddled in the Essendon Saga and it's such a bad look, they haven't done themselves any favours at all in the PR stakes all by themselves!!

As for Parra in the NRL, my point was, it's rugby league heartland, they have a rusted on supporter base and when they are up and going (the last time was 2009) the NRL is better for it. It's an iconic club from the 80's glory years, quite a few parralels with the dons there.

And much like the dons, blues, tigers, have struggled to adjust to the new order of things in the modern NRL clinging to past glories, bogged down by board infighting and factional rubbish. That was my point.
OK, Parra is in the stink for a few reasons, not least that Bill Moss from Macquarie Bank is trying to get a Board seat there.

Bill Moss is also assumed to be the mystery “patient A” that dropped off Follistation and other stuff at HyperMed in South Yarra, for Mal Cooper to inject into the Ess players.

Parra’s woes are worth keeping an eye on.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

The_Merchant wrote:
IanRush wrote:

well theres no surprise

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Why would anyone want Essendon up and about? How is footy better for it? There supporter population has a massive above average 'a$$hole in life' ratio,and the more and longer they are made to STFU the better we are off as a society

Bring back the Lockett era
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:

Isnt anyone allowed another opinion? I bet he read both sides of the story instead of completely dismissing everything from one side. Rushie you do make me laugh.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

stkfc1 wrote:I normally don't read the Murdoch Spun newspaper but I had a quick flick through this morning waiting on a coffee. My Lord, they are making out like Hird should be nominated for Australian of the year or something. I know I shouldn't expect anything semi intelligent in that rag of a newspaper but the absolute delusional,contrived dribble that was being written about how poorly done by he was and how he's come out with dignity and good grace. Flower me! I nearly threw my coffee up all over it.

All i seemed to hear yesterday was that Hird "sacrficed" himself for the players.

Are they kidding? It's the other way round. The day Dank & Co were introduced into the club ny Hird & Co those players were sacrificed to the great god of Golden Boy's ego with the mantra "Whatever it takes"

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
The_Merchant wrote:
IanRush wrote:

well theres no surprise
I'm starting to wonder just what the merchandise might be, matrix.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:
matrix wrote:
The_Merchant wrote:
IanRush wrote:

well theres no surprise
Yes fancy not having your opinion. A man who only seems to have read one side of the story or at least only believed one side of the story and then pretends to be balanced. What a joke.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:
Toy Saint wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:Sad day to see Hirdy go! He was such a champion player, one of my absolute favs. If there was thing I was hoping for, it would be that he could go out on his own terms, that the Dons would get off at WADA and he'd resign after that. I hate to think of those fat cats at the afl and the journos who think they got 'Their Man'...

The punishment for what the Dons did has been so much more than deserved already imo. So much damage done to so many people. A powerhouse club, an iconic club has become a irrelevant on the field for too long now.

If wada appeal comes to nothing, it will put the final nail in the biggest storm in a teacup issue in our sporting history. Big wigs at the heart of the blow up deserve public ridicule to the same extent as Hirdy. Guys like demiitriou and gillon, Fitzpatrick, they are all deserve heat for how the whole thing has played out.

Can't wait for November and this whole thing to be done.
And if the WADA case proves that they were blatant drug cheats like Lance Armstrong, will you be happy for the culprits to be suspended for 2 years like Saad?
I dont think the WADA case is out to prove they were blatant drug cheats - even comparing them to Armstrong shows how far from the actual issue the whole saga has come. We aren't trying to prove that the whole squad was juiced up to the eyeballs in known proven performance enhacing substances like EPO and HGH like Lance Armstrong was. Read Tyler Hamilton's book 'the secret race' or David Walsh's books on the Armstrong stuff and if you still think there is even a comparison there, we can discuss that...

"In this article the strict liability principle, which is applied in doping law, was evaluated from a contractual perspective. Because it is generally accepted that the athlete’s relationships with the various sports federations and sports regulating bodies are of a contractual nature, it is submitted that the general principles of the law of contract cannot be ignored. Specifically, the principles of contract relating to breach of contract become relevant where anti-doping rule violations are concerned. When a debtor does not perform properly in terms of a contract, it automatically leads to breach of contract. Evidence in respect of fault of the debtor only becomes relevant when the extent of his or her liability is determined. Similarly, when an athlete breaches an anti-doping rule, that athlete is automatically guilty of an offense. Evidence in respect of the athlete’s fault is, however, taken into consideration to determine what the extent of his or her sanction will be. When comparing the strict liability principle with the general contractual principles pertaining to breach of contract, it is clear that these principles operate in exactly the same fashion."

http://www.dejure.up.ac.za/index.php/vo ... Id-1105552

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:
matrix wrote:
The_Merchant wrote:
IanRush wrote:

well theres no surprise
Yes fancy not having your opinion. A man who only seems to have read one side of the story or at least only believed one side of the story and then pretends to be balanced. What a joke.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

BACKPFEIFENGESICHT !

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!
santazzi
Club Player

Re: BACKPFEIFENGESICHT !

Enrico_Misso wrote:Image
Sounds like German..........Please enlighten us philistines!!!!

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

"In common use it means something to the effect of "A face badly in need of a fist" meaning this is a person that needs to be punched. Alternate translations list the given action as "slap" rather than "punch" or the given weapon as "crowbar" rather than "fist". "
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... fengesicht

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

18 odd hours on the popcorn, JB, and FA result. You must be porkin' up sumpin' shockin'.

Missed the bit about the foe list, didya? I'm that disciplined I even diligently avoid the quotes. Averting one's eyes ain't that hard.

How 'bout you hop back over to the real thread, and let me know if you found my explanation of how you avoid ad's to be just more "gibberish", Thinking Man.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:18 odd hours on the popcorn, JB, and FA result. You must be porkin' up sumpin' shockin'.

Missed the bit about the foe list, didya? I'm that disciplined I even diligently avoid the quotes. Averting one's eyes ain't that hard.

How 'bout you hop back over to the real thread, and let me know if you found my explanation of how you avoid ad's to be just more "gibberish", Thinking Man.
On a foe list but cant ignore me. Got ya. No idea about the ads thing. Never mentioned it myself. Are you confused? Anyway I stick with what I said. Anyone only interested in one side of the story can never be balanced and in fact is a joke. Some of us knew that anyway. I only wish you would have as much interest in what you say is still your club. Would be good to get your ideas on footy. Oh well. Maybe you have lost interest in the Saints. And I really believe you didn't read what I wrote. Of course you did. And you didn't like it. That's ok most people don't like what I write.

santazzi
Club Player

HitTheBoundary wrote:"In common use it means something to the effect of "A face badly in need of a fist" meaning this is a person that needs to be punched. Alternate translations list the given action as "slap" rather than "punch" or the given weapon as "crowbar" rather than "fist". "
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... fengesicht
Thank you so much HTB. I am now educated!!!

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:18 odd hours on the popcorn, JB, and FA result. You must be porkin' up sumpin' shockin'.

On a foe list but cant ignore me. Got ya. No idea about the ads thing. Never mentioned it myself. Are you confused? Anyway I stick with what I said. Anyone only interested in one side of the story can never be balanced and in fact is a joke. Some of us knew that anyway. I only wish you would have as much interest in what you say is still your club. Would be good to get your ideas on footy. Oh well. Maybe you have lost interest in the Saints. And I really believe you didn't read what I wrote. Of course you did. And you didn't like it. That's ok most people don't like what I write.
How the hell can anyone be interested in Essendon's side of the story??

I would have said that the majority of us when the story broke were very interested in both sides of the story but once Essendon revealed theirs it became impossible to care for and be interested in theirs any further

And for those who have even the skintest feeling of sympathy for Hird you must remember that this supplements programme was Hird's baby, he was in charge - Sheedy said as much in a interview/talk with Hird present and Bomber has said as much as well.

As other posters have pointed out he has finally fallen on his own sword and about friggin time.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

For all the pillocks, in all the world, who resolutely refuse to recognise the real issue, it is encompassed in the tale of the Armadale compounding pharmacy who spuiked the use of Melontan 2 to schoolgirls in uniform.

That's the story, that's the example, that's the pity, that's what exemplifies this s***.

The duds, the trolls, the grubs, the pigs, the princesses, the rubes, who defend and deflect from the real issue, I find your defence of aberration laughable, particularly when you flop down to the great AFL icon as undeniable, as if they carry superior heft - they're, up top, little more than rowers of narrow boats - f*** 'em, and their ilk.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:For all the pillocks, in all the world, who resolutely refuse to recognise the real issue, it is encompassed in the tale of the Armadale compounding pharmacy who spuiked the use of Melontan 2 to schoolgirls in uniform.

That's the story, that's the example, that's the pity, that's what exemplifies this s***.

The duds, the trolls, the grubs, the pigs, the princesses, the rubes, who defend and deflect from the real issue, I find your defence of aberration laughable, particularly when you flop down to the great AFL icon as undeniable, as if they carry superior heft - they're, up top, little more than rowers of narrow boats - f*** 'em, and their ilk.

And here I was thinking this was about Essendon.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:For all the pillocks, in all the world, who resolutely refuse to recognise the real issue, it is encompassed in the tale of the Armadale compounding pharmacy who spuiked the use of Melontan 2 to schoolgirls in uniform.

You been on the sauce or something? Sounds like gibberish.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!