Booing goodes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Booing goodes

Again, why boo for any reason when you must know it's a hot-button issue right now?
When it can be easily misinterpreted?

Imbeciles.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

I must say it was disappointing to hear from the Saints crowd - I thought supporters of our club would be above that but obviously I was wrong!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Again, why boo for any reason when you must know it's a hot-button issue right now?

Imbeciles.
yes, lets not get out of bed in fear we are misconstrued.
entirely miss the point

so everyone should now just shut up cause Adam's says youre a racist?

what next.

“Yeah….nah””
saint-stu
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
Teflon wrote:
NOTTHATAWKWARD wrote:Even if for some reason, you don't believe this is racist. This issue has clearly caused the man a lot of stress and psychological harm, even if you don't think its racist, he has a problem with with being booed by thousands of people week in week out. Its probably not a very nice thing to go to work and face harassment on such a large scale. He's never done anything particularly bad to our club. Why continue this cycle of bullying and drag our club's name down with it when the rest of the AFL is just waiting to jump down our throats after cleaning up our act in the past few seasons.
cmon wake up

stand in front og the Collingwood cheer squad as they told Stephen milne in front of his family he was a rapist? then their coach said is FFS or Tigers or Cats for that matter...
People have booed at the footy since dawn of time - some probably were/are racist. What I object to is cause 'poor Adam' is a tad upset we are all suddenly racists and must immediately desist ????

Milne must be laughing.
If the person being booed believes it to be racially motivated, and people continue doing it knowing this, guess what.
Then that person needs to be re educated.
Because I believe all women are bad drivers doesn't make it so
So he has it all wrong does he? We should educate him that calling him an ape isn't racist too I guess?
so booing is now the same as calling someone an ape is it????????
that's what shytes me about do-gooding PC ranters - when one argument is shown to be weak as p!ss they reach for some stronger stuff (knowing full well that's not even the topic here)
Learn to separate booing from an actual racist comment cause there is a difference - don't twist things to attempt to support a flimsy argument it does you a disservice.
No you get an education. Learn what racism is.

1ac46a38
The Recruit
Club Player

The booing was hardly noticeable at the game. He was booed kicking for goal, as were all swans players kicking for goal. A few boos at the start but let's remember he is a flog........regardless of race

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:I must say it was disappointing to hear from the Saints crowd - I thought supporters of our club would be above that but obviously I was wrong!
its football mate the great common denominator of our society only someone who is biased assumes saints have no fans who can be just as Collingwood as Collingwood....

regardless, if people want to boo a player they think is a villain from the opposition that's fine - if some boo cause they are racists well then they get what they deserve (if they truly are racist they will open their mouth and their comments will condemn them and so it should)

others boo for the theatre of the game - cause they 'hate' that dirty Carl Ditterich, or Tony Lockett or that cheap sniper Rhys Jones..........that's part of the theatre of the sport and all theatre has heroes and villains

racism should play no part in that but equally we should not let a bigoted minority alter the experience of going to the footy and enjoying cheering heroes and booing villains (if that's your thing....its not mine)

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
Teflon wrote:
NOTTHATAWKWARD wrote:Even if for some reason, you don't believe this is racist. This issue has clearly caused the man a lot of stress and psychological harm, even if you don't think its racist, he has a problem with with being booed by thousands of people week in week out. Its probably not a very nice thing to go to work and face harassment on such a large scale. He's never done anything particularly bad to our club. Why continue this cycle of bullying and drag our club's name down with it when the rest of the AFL is just waiting to jump down our throats after cleaning up our act in the past few seasons.
cmon wake up

stand in front og the Collingwood cheer squad as they told Stephen milne in front of his family he was a rapist? then their coach said is FFS or Tigers or Cats for that matter...
People have booed at the footy since dawn of time - some probably were/are racist. What I object to is cause 'poor Adam' is a tad upset we are all suddenly racists and must immediately desist ????

Milne must be laughing.
If the person being booed believes it to be racially motivated, and people continue doing it knowing this, guess what.
So he has it all wrong does he? We should educate him that calling him an ape isn't racist too I guess?
that's what shytes me about do-gooding PC ranters - when one argument is shown to be weak as p!ss they reach for some stronger stuff (knowing full well that's not even the topic here)
Learn to separate booing from an actual racist comment cause there is a difference - don't twist things to attempt to support a flimsy argument it does you a disservice.
I tell you what I wont do, unlike your good self, get my education out of the Herald Sun.
Didn't answer my uneducated question : are you saying those who boo are as racist as those who use terms like 'ape' - do educate us??

“Yeah….nah””
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Bloke standing at the back of aisle 37 Level 1 was loud and proud booing Goodes at his first touch and was the ONLY one ... the crowd turned to him and gave him heaps and he replied by calling each one including Adam Goodes a C word despite their being kids in the rows immediately in front of him. A few minutes later he was gone from that area. I hope evicted. But probably in search of a part of the crowd where he could boo in a pack. After that the only booing in our area related to Goodes was when Newnes tacdkled him and was caught cold and threw a few elbows ... and then the cheap 50 he extracted by moving off his line to play on and sucking our player and the umpire into paying the 50.

IMHO the people booing Adam Goodes were non existent in our area (talking about 3 bays of members with seats) ... exvept over football matters that we boo week in week out.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Bloke standing at the back of aisle 37 Level 1 was loud and proud booing Goodes at his first touch and was the ONLY one ... the crowd turned to him and gave him heaps and he replied by calling each one including Adam Goodes a C word despite their being kids in the rows immediately in front of him. A few minutes later he was gone from that area. I hope evicted. But probably in search of a part of the crowd where he could boo in a pack. After that the only booing in our area related to Goodes was when Newnes tacdkled him and was caught cold and threw a few elbows ... and then the cheap 50 he extracted by moving off his line to play on and sucking our player and the umpire into paying the 50.

IMHO the people booing Adam Goodes were non existent in our area (talking about 3 bays of members with seats) ... exvept over football matters that we boo week in week out.
He does have sharp elbows Adam....dirty sniper
oh wait.....I must be racist?

“Yeah….nah””
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

saint-stu wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
Teflon wrote:
cmon wake up

Milne must be laughing.
To be honest the term becomes more broad and inchoate by the day but feel free to have a stab objectively defining it. Educate us all, ignorant sefs that we are. :)

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Again, why boo for any reason when you must know it's a hot-button issue right now?

Imbeciles.
entirely miss the point

what next.
Headlines in newspapers and bad publicity is what we've got.

Use your head, is what I'm saying.

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

BackFromUSA wrote:Bloke standing at the back of aisle 37 Level 1 was loud and proud booing Goodes at his first touch and was the ONLY one ... the crowd turned to him and gave him heaps and he replied by calling each one including Adam Goodes a C word despite their being kids in the rows immediately in front of him. A few minutes later he was gone from that area. I hope evicted. But probably in search of a part of the crowd where he could boo in a pack. After that the only booing in our area related to Goodes was when Newnes tacdkled him and was caught cold and threw a few elbows ... and then the cheap 50 he extracted by moving off his line to play on and sucking our player and the umpire into paying the 50.

You hope someone was evicted from the footy for booing????? What wonderful work you've done comrade. We must identify these evil counterrevolutionaries and have them shamed. I'm actually dissapointed you didn't find the appropriate authority figure and have him thrown out!!

What a wonderful utopia awaits us if only the people who boo at the football for the wrong reason are finally destroyed.

And this is also mine:
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Imbeciles.
entirely miss the point

what next.
Headlines in newspapers and bad publicity is what we've got.

Use your head, is what I'm saying.
No, abandon your own will and submit to the tyranny of modern progressiveness is what you're saying. I say, go find a duck. :)

And this is also mine:
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I was in Bay 9 on level 1 and had no idea there was any controversy until I saw this thread.

I honestly noticed nothing different to any of the games I've been to over the last 43 years

Obviously must've sounded different on TV and radio for people to be making a fuss about it.

I don't hate Goodes by any means but geez I'll be glad when he finally hangs up the boots.

This whole "racist booing" vs "non-racist booing" arguing is becoming worse than the booing itself and is trashing what should really be a simple exercise of following a footy club and going to the footy

saint-stu
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
I tell you what I wont do, unlike your good self, get my education out of the Herald Sun.
Didn't answer my uneducated question : are you saying those who boo are as racist as those who use terms like 'ape' - do educate us??
I never said they were equivalent. Just that in both cases people claim they didn't intend it to be racist and in both cases the victim believed it to be racist. I don't think either of us are qualified to judge. Ask the victim.

1ac46a38
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote:

You hope someone was evicted from the footy for booing????? What wonderful work you've done comrade. We must identify these evil counterrevolutionaries and have them shamed. I'm actually dissapointed you didn't find the appropriate authority figure and have him thrown out!!

What a wonderful utopia awaits us if only the people who boo at the football for the wrong reason are finally destroyed.
No. I wanted him evicted for saying the C word 5 times in a few minutes in an area filled with families. You are barking up the wrong tree. But that doesn't surprise me.

And I didn't call the authorities. Instead I turned around and told him to watch his mouth ... that there were kids sitting here.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

saint-stu wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
I never said they were equivalent. Just that in both cases people claim they didn't intend it to be racist and in both cases the victim believed it to be racist. I don't think either of us are qualified to judge. Ask the victim.

Exactly!!! The subjective feelings of the 'victim' is all that matters, ask this chap:

And this is also mine:
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

BackFromUSA wrote:
roskilde wrote:

No. I wanted him evicted for saying the C word 5 times in a few minutes in an area filled with families. You are barking up the wrong tree. But that doesn't surprise me.
Never heard a swear word at the footy.

And this is also mine:
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
roskilde wrote:

No. Never heard 1 bloke use the C word five times in a minute or two abusive rant at other patrons directly in front of kids aged 5 to 10 years of age ... and unless you have had your head buried in the sand, the stadiums and the AFL, as well as the MAJORITY of decent human beings DO NOT think that such anti-social behaviour is acceptable. Obviously you do. Enjoy the sand. Everything you write is tainted by such a view that what he did is acceptable on ANY level.

NOTTHATAWKWARD
Club Player

Maybe using a real world example of actual human beings dying in a horrifying incident that has shocked the world as ammo for your argument about footy and booing is a bit tacky, classless and sick frankly.

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

BackFromUSA wrote:
roskilde wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
roskilde wrote:

No. Never heard 1 bloke use the C word five times in a minute or two abusive rant at other patrons directly in front of kids aged 5 to 10 years of age ... and unless you have had your head buried in the sand, the stadiums and the AFL, as well as the MAJORITY of decent human beings DO NOT think that such anti-social behaviour is acceptable. Obviously you do. Enjoy the sand. Everything you write is tainted by such a view that what he did is acceptable on ANY level.
Less tainted and more longing for an age that was more robust and less petty. He may have been a lout but if a bunch of people at the footy decided it was their perogative to decide for me who I could and could not boo at I might be a bit fractious as well - given an appropriate amount of booze!!!!

PS I'm as unsurprised by your views as you are by mine. Seeing as you made a point of mentioning that, I thought I'd square the circle.

And this is also mine:
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

NOTTHATAWKWARD wrote:Maybe using a real world example of actual human beings dying in a horrifying incident that has shocked the world as ammo for your argument about footy and booing is a bit tacky, classless and sick frankly.
That's your objective definition of 'racism'???

C+ for effort.

(I was simply pointing out the inadequacy of leaving the definition of 'racism' purely to the subjective feelings of someone who feels villified, surely you'd agree that's inadequate?????)

And this is also mine:
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
roskilde wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:
roskilde wrote:

Less tainted and more longing for an age that was more robust and less petty. He may have been a lout but if a bunch of people at the footy decided it was their perogative to decide for me who I could and could not boo at I might be a bit fractious as well - given an appropriate amount of booze!!!!

PS I'm as unsurprised by your views as you are by mine. Seeing as you made a point of mentioning that, I thought I'd square the circle.
Oh I see ... booze is the excuse. Outstanding!

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Did anyone here boo? or did anyone that you know boo? If so many did it, then surely some of us must know someone?
These people always seem to be faceless and unknown.
I will worry about it when I actually witness it, and then I will endeavour to deal with it appropriately.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Letting old judgements from old threads taint your invective in THIS THREAD
aren't you Simon !!!
This is about booing not your resentments on a posters opinions of Israels treatment of other human beings.

Might wanna back up a bit Champ.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.