Dustin Martin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dustin Martin

markp wrote:
dragit wrote:
markp wrote:
dragit wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:The hide of this woman. Why didn't she just cop it, and keep he big trap shut hey? Bloody women, next they will want equal rights of something :roll:
I'm glad I've given you something to get outraged over… my point is completely unrelated to gender, but carry on it's going very well.
If it's not about gender why do people (you included) keep bringing up advice for daughters?

And Martin would not have done what he did to a man.
I don't have any sons, but if I did my advice would be the same… gender irrelevant.

How do you know what Martin's reaction would have been to a man?

Maybe he would have acted out violence rather than threatened it?
The guy is a wanna be bad boy cosseted man-child... he was trying to intimidate her as a woman.

Tell me, what would you have done if you were there and he did that to your daughter (because she dared to open her mouth)?
Intimidating her "as a woman", I'm not even quite sure what that means, what was the gender-element of his threats?

I would feel just as terrified as a man if someone threatened me like that.

I would be shocked if one of kids pulled aside a drunk and coked up tattooed f-wit footballer and asked them to be quiet. Regardless of my childs gender I would also try to steer them away from volatile situations…

markp
Saintsational Legend

That's not what I asked, skeptic.

markp
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
markp wrote:
dragit wrote:
markp wrote:
dragit wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:The hide of this woman. Why didn't she just cop it, and keep he big trap shut hey? Bloody women, next they will want equal rights of something :roll:
I'm glad I've given you something to get outraged over… my point is completely unrelated to gender, but carry on it's going very well.
If it's not about gender why do people (you included) keep bringing up advice for daughters?

I don't have any sons, but if I did my advice would be the same… gender irrelevant.

The guy is a wanna be bad boy cosseted man-child... he was trying to intimidate her as a woman.

Tell me, what would you have done if you were there and he did that to your daughter (because she dared to open her mouth)?
Intimidating her "as a woman", I'm not even quite sure what that means, what was the gender-element of his threats?

I would be shocked if one of kids pulled aside a drunk and coked up tattooed f-wit footballer and asked them to be quiet. Regardless of my childs gender I would also try to steer them away from volatile situations…
Really?

It means he'd know a man would very likely punch or shove him.

It means he knew she would not and could not physically defend herself and he was trying to terrify her with that.

So IF that happened, what would you do?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
dragit wrote:
markp wrote:Jill Meagher
I'm glad we got there finally, bravo.
And your view on her choice of actions is....?
David Hookes death is probably just as relevant but anyway…

She didn't really have any actions as far as I can remember…

Walking home alone late in Brunswick I would have thought a reasonably safe thing to do, for anyone.

Obviously it's not, there are a lot of disgusting people in the world and Melbourne being a big city has it's share.

Of course women (and men)should feel safe walking the streets late at night, unfortunately this just isn't the world we live in.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
dragit wrote:
markp wrote:
dragit wrote:
markp wrote:
dragit wrote:

Really?

It means he knew she would not and could not physically defend herself and he was trying to terrify her with that.

Why can't she?
You are being very sexist now.
I know plenty of women that can handle a shoving match, are stronger and weigh more than me.
I would have absolutely no chance in an altercation with someone like Martin.

Of course I would do everything in my power to stop my kids being threatened with violence by another person, If I couldn't diffuse the situation I would get in-between them I guess… not sure where you are going here?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Amazing some of the justifications of blaming the victim here.

Along the lines of, I'm not a racist but..... :roll:

Its all Martin's fault but... she shouldn't have "confronted" him...

Nice little parlour game for some men, all the while because of these type of retrograde attitudes women are dying in their scores every year and are assaulted in their thousands.

Unbeliveable.

You are garbage - Enough said
asiu
Saintsational Legend

if he was a smart boy ,
(which obviously , he's not)
he'd be more than aware that beating up boys
is easily within reach
of more than a few of those monsters with breasts out there.
... and some of em love gettn it on.

All warning bells should have been goin off
... coz he's just about to lose ... whether there's a hiding involved or not.

... when a woman steps up to the plate , like that in public ,
she's already won ... 'n her inner femanazi well knows it.

She's a Sincity girl yea ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
markp
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
markp wrote:
dragit wrote:
markp wrote:
dragit wrote:
markp wrote:
dragit wrote:

Really?

Why can't she?
You are being very sexist now.
I know plenty of women that can handle a shoving match, are stronger and weigh more than me.
I would have absolutely no chance in an altercation with someone like Martin.

Of course I would do everything in my power to stop my kids being threatened with violence by another person, If I couldn't diffuse the situation I would get in-between them I guess… not sure where you are going here?
Yes suggesting this woman would be physically incapable of defending herself against martin and he knew it is sexist... gimmie a break.

The point is that if someone who is drunk and angry in that situation is the potential danger you say then it's a no brainer, the 'right' thing to do would be grab your daughter/wife/friend, tell her to stop being confrontational and to say sorry, then say sorry yourself and leave the restaurant.

Would you be critical of a husband/father who chose not to do that?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:The point is that if someone who is drunk and angry in that situation is the potential danger you say then it's a no brainer, the 'right' thing to do would be grab your daughter/wife/friend, tell her to stop being confrontational and to say sorry, then say sorry yourself and leave the restaurant.

Critical? Everyone has their values… if yours are "everybody has the right" or "general bravery" then go for it I guess… I have safety & well-being above these values. Confront an angry drunk and I'm tipping a poor outcome of some sort.

I've been threatened plenty of times out at bars by guys who are bigger and think I'll be an easy target, that is why I am suggesting that physical intimidation is not bound by gender, Martin may have issues with women, I wouldn't have the faintest. My guess is he would have snapped at any person in the instance - pure guess again.

markp
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
markp wrote:The point is that if someone who is drunk and angry in that situation is the potential danger you say then it's a no brainer, the 'right' thing to do would be grab your daughter/wife/friend, tell her to stop being confrontational and to say sorry, then say sorry yourself and leave the restaurant.

Critical? Everyone has their values… if yours are "everybody has the right" or "general bravery" then go for it I guess… I have safety & well-being above these values. Confront an angry drunk and I'm tipping a poor outcome of some sort.

I've been threatened plenty of times out at bars by guys who are bigger and think I'll be an easy target, that is why I am suggesting that physical intimidation is not bound by gender, Martin may have issues with women, I wouldn't have the faintest. My guess is he would have snapped at any person in the instance - pure guess again.
If gender is not the issue then neither should size be.

If a man bigger and stronger than martin had said calm down he still could've stabbed him in the eye with a chopstick. Same goes for a cop or three I suppose, so everyone should just make way for martin when he's had a couple and let him do whatever he likes, lest their response make them more vulnerable by provoking him.

My point is no one would try to qualify or apportion blame if a man told someone in a similar situation to calm down because they were swearing and carrying on in front of his wife or kids.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

It's always good to know what everyone would do and how they would feel in a different scenario, cheers.

ripplug66
Club Player

The way I see this is it is totally Martin's fault but I get where Dragit is coming from. I'm 54 years of age and cant fight so I to would most likely leave the place or even more likely just ignore. I sort of see it the other way which may sound sexist but I reckon Martin was more likely to do physical damage to a guy if they did what the girl did and maybe and of course its a guess just do verbal damage to the girl. I don't think anyone here is blaming the girl for doing what she did. I certainly hope not because its an individuals choice. Martin is 100% at fault. The girl did something I would suggest we shouldn't do but she was 100% within her rights to do it.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:The way I see this is it is totally Martin's fault but I get where Dragit is coming from. I'm 54 years of age and cant fight so I to would most likely leave the place or even more likely just ignore. I sort of see it the other way which may sound sexist but I reckon Martin was more likely to do physical damage to a guy if they did what the girl did and maybe and of course its a guess just do verbal damage to the girl. I don't think anyone here is blaming the girl for doing what she did. I certainly hope not because its an individuals choice. Martin is 100% at fault. The girl did something I would suggest we shouldn't do but she was 100% within her rights to do it.
Very nice post plugger

Summed it up well

markp
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:The way I see this is it is totally Martin's fault but I get where Dragit is coming from. I'm 54 years of age and cant fight so I to would most likely leave the place or even more likely just ignore. I sort of see it the other way which may sound sexist but I reckon Martin was more likely to do physical damage to a guy if they did what the girl did and maybe and of course its a guess just do verbal damage to the girl. I don't think anyone here is blaming the girl for doing what she did. I certainly hope not because its an individuals choice. Martin is 100% at fault. The girl did something I would suggest we shouldn't do but she was 100% within her rights to do it.
And I say she did nothing wrong at all.

I also say he could as easily kill a 7ft sumo wrestler with a chopstick in the eye as a 54 year old man or this woman but if a 7ft sumo had told him to calm down everyone would be fine with it.

Oh and the piece of crap man-child brat martin would've likely wet himself.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Well the woman is more courageous than me. I am the same age as you R66 and like you cant fight to save myself, so I would have complained to the manager.

My response would have been to tell everyone here about how Martin was a obnoxious drunken bogan at a restaurant I was at on Saturday night.

Doesn't mean the woman doesn't have the right to directly ask the drunken thug to calm down though. And just because he didn't hit her, doesn't mean she wasn't physically threatened by the drunken coward woman abuser.

I dispute he would have acted differently to a man. This type of drunken thug doesn't discriminate, is just a violent low life and will attack anyone.

Piece of excretia

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Not me, blame is squarely on her, how dare she interrupt a shots & coke session of a superstar like that.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure we can all at least agree he's so tough.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I'm sure we can all at least agree he's so tough.
I actually pretty sure we can all agree that he is 100% to blame from for his obscene behavior too.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
I actually pretty sure we can all agree that he is 100% to blame from for his obscene behavior too.
Absolutely

On a little side note, if you ever get the opportunity to read "The Life of I - The culture of Narcissism". There's a chapter in it about the guy (who shall remain nameless) that killed Jill Meagher, the stuff he was saying about the incident, and a breakdown about the way his mind works.
Fascinating but truly disturbing stuff

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

They should give Martin two options:
1) 12 month suspension or
2) No suspension, no fine...but he has to step into the ring with Holly Holm or Rhonda Rousey. All money raised from the thousands who'd love to see this twerp get his ass kicked to go to womens shelters

saynta
Saintsational Legend

five pages and who knows how much oxygen wasted on a dead s*** bullyboy.

He will cop s*** for the rest of his footy life over this incident.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Where are all the "flags aren't won by choirboys" brigade who wanted us to go after this idiot a couple of years ago?

I keep getting yelled down for wanting no KNOWN idiots recruited to the Saints and one by one they prove me right!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Instead of confronting the guy why didn't she get the management to deal with him i.e complain to them and tell them to sort it out
Last edited by magnifisaint on Wed 09 Dec 2015 5:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
Yes he is 100% responsible

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:But hey don't let me tell you what to think.
Wouldn't dream of it, that's a nice shot of you btw, you been working out?
:lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?