Sharks are Circling

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SMS
Club Player

Re: Sharks are Circling

thanks for the info.
call me nuts but paddy has been showing very good signs lately. IF he can get fit he could well be a good player BUT unfortunetly the diabetes wont let him.

anyway new football dept? does this mean Richo stays as coach or is he gone?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

"...and also the feeling of the incompetence of current situation might be too large and obstacle to overcome."
u have to be kidding me

it was all about the st kilda fc until its all about ... what ?

give me a f***** break

so , it WAS NOT about Service to our footy club
it was actually about service to self

the Age of the Arsehole indeed.

glad we found that out Now & thanx for coming but A bigger thanx for farken off

see ya's later Chickensh!t Crew

stnuc

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

uneffen snowflakes

Shossy the Snowflake

joke

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 5:28pm
Saintmatt wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 5:19pm
saynta wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 3:25pm
Saintmatt wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 1:23pm
Vazelos wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 10:39am So I just made it up did I?
You have not seen a player under contract ever move in the history of football?
It happens all the time...

Player X says I am not happy I need a fresh start...
Club says we do not want someone in the dressing room that does not want to be there.
They do a trade.

I said in a previous post about his father, huge Essendon man involved in a coterie and they showed interest before.
A lot can happen by the end of the year, we may have a new board, a new coach he may want to stay who knows but my source is very strong.

As I've mentioned previously - Billings is precisely the player Essendoom do not need. Another light-bodied, outside small midfielder/forward is what they have an abundance of. They're still trying to make David Meyers into a starting midfielder as he weighs more than 75Kgs and over 183cms. Why they didn't go after FA Rockliff to replace Watson will remain a mystery forever.

If Essendon wants Billings - I'd do it for Devon Smith and Hurley. F&%k 'em.
After all that trouble with Lovett, the drug cheats should get SFA from the Saints.
Given how many Essendon people warned us off taking Lovett and yet we still pressed ahead - I'd say that one was entirely on us. Blind optimism there that Lovett would be the outside run panacea.

I'd like to think we got them back with the Carlisle trade however - Gresham and Carlise for which they ended up with Aarron Francis and Craig Bird.
Funny, but that's not my recollection.

We were sold a pup.

Maybe we were naive.
Yep, Hird went into bat for him and everything...pretty much everyone outside of Essendon sucked air through their teeth at the suggestion of recruiting Lovett though, we should have known better.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 12:42am To me its a cop out, all failing coaches at smaller clubs say that, didnt hurt Luke Beveridge.
I wouldn't speak too soon re: Bevo.

takeaway
Club Player

The sharks are circling
The water's getting clearer
Smiling with his six rows
The megalodon are nearer
They go out in schools
Dream they are supreme
Cast insults our way, go on
We'll cast you down stream

They crack the whip
The acetone drips from their lip
Tut tut finger wag
It takes ten years to shake a tag
But they wear theirs with pride
A septic thorn in society's side
We will rise above
Through the color of our love

saintadamski
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 7:47am
saintadamski wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 12:11am
Con Gorozidis wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 11:49pm Didn't draft a 17yo kid cos he was 'cocky'.
All 17yo kids are cocky. Who gives a s***.

Then we pick Paddy because he is a 'ripper kid' and 'down to earth' from a 'great family'.

Jesus Christ.

The culture of the place is just ridiculous.
The cockier the better! It means they are confident, young and courageous...they will grow up to be leaders on the field. But unfortunately , the morons in charge think otherwise.
The only thing McCartin will ever lead, is his career down the toilet.

If we are drafting players based on the fact they are 'ripper kids' from 'a great family' , It's time this club closed up shop.
As I've said on countless occasions, Ameet Bains and Tony Elshaug have brought this club to its damn knees.

If they don't fire Elshaug at the end of the year, and start recruiting fierce competitive kids (couldn't give a damn s*** what family they come from) then I'm cancelling my membership after 30 years, and moving on.
I'm so very tired of the culture at the joint, and the conveyer belt of incompetent idiots that keep being hired to run the show.
Enough is enough. This is a farce, and it's time to let go.
Cocky is very different to competitive.
Yes it is - you get an A+ for advanced analytical thought - well done!
To not recruit a 17 year old because they are 'Cocky' (even though every 17 year old I've ever met is cocky) - do you think that's a good choice - if so, you will fit perfectly under Elshaug....you should send your application in now.
And while you're there, make sure anyone with a hint of cockiness, confidence, arrogance, or leadership alpha male qualities are shown to the door.
The very last thing we want is anyone with a view of themselves as any good!

You can see Petracca is a fierce competitor from a million miles away. The ability to read people in recruitment is essential, rather than the politically correct bulls*** of our club

longtimesaint
Club Player

saintadamski wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 11:42am
rodgerfox wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 7:47am
saintadamski wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 12:11am
Con Gorozidis wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 11:49pm Didn't draft a 17yo kid cos he was 'cocky'.
All 17yo kids are cocky. Who gives a s***.

Then we pick Paddy because he is a 'ripper kid' and 'down to earth' from a 'great family'.

Jesus Christ.

The culture of the place is just ridiculous.
The cockier the better! It means they are confident, young and courageous...they will grow up to be leaders on the field. But unfortunately , the morons in charge think otherwise.
The only thing McCartin will ever lead, is his career down the toilet.

If we are drafting players based on the fact they are 'ripper kids' from 'a great family' , It's time this club closed up shop.
As I've said on countless occasions, Ameet Bains and Tony Elshaug have brought this club to its damn knees.

If they don't fire Elshaug at the end of the year, and start recruiting fierce competitive kids (couldn't give a damn s*** what family they come from) then I'm cancelling my membership after 30 years, and moving on.
I'm so very tired of the culture at the joint, and the conveyer belt of incompetent idiots that keep being hired to run the show.
Enough is enough. This is a farce, and it's time to let go.
Cocky is very different to competitive.
Yes it is - you get an A+ for advanced analytical thought - well done!
To not recruit a 17 year old because they are 'Cocky' (even though every 17 year old I've ever met is cocky) - do you think that's a good choice - if so, you will fit perfectly under Elshaug....you should send your application in now.
And while you're there, make sure anyone with a hint of cockiness, confidence, arrogance, or leadership alpha male qualities are shown to the door.

You can see Petracca is a fierce competitor from a million miles away. The ability to read people in recruitment is essential, rather than the politically correct bulls*** of our club
Petracca is only marginally ahead of Paddy if at all.
Has not shown that much despite all the media hype. No A grader!

One year will be our year
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintadamski wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 11:42am Yes it is - you get an A+ for advanced analytical thought - well done!
Do you really think that the reason they didn't sign was Petracca was because he was 'cocky'? Seriously?

saintadamski wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 11:42am And while you're there, make sure anyone with a hint of cockiness, confidence, arrogance, or leadership alpha male qualities are shown to the door.
I don't understand the relevance of this sentence? You said he wasn't picked because he was cocky. The other traits were never mentioned by anyone.

saintadamski wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 11:42am You can see Petracca is a fierce competitor from a million miles away. The ability to read people in recruitment is essential, rather than the politically correct bulls*** of our club
How can you see he's a fierce competitor? What is it that you see? Honestly, all I see is a man-child with really good potential, who is playing Ok in a very, very deep midfield where he gets zero attention from the opposition because he's about 5th in line. I don't see any 'fierce competitor' traits to be honest. Certainly no more than a guy like McCartin who has had 7 concussions, has diabetes and still goes head first into contests every week.

I don't have an issue with people thinking we should have drafted Petracca ahead of McCartin, but your reason why is one of the least compelling I've stumbled across.

jaxons
Club Player

asiu wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 10:20am uneffen snowflakes

Shossy the Snowflake

joke
What's this mean?

saintadamski
Club Player

How can you see a fierce competitor? Let me explain it to you, because you obviously can't tell
Ever watched guys like the Scott brothers, Chris Judd, Michael Voss, Tony Lockett, Liam Picken, Lenny Hayes, Todd Viney, Dustin Martin etc etc etc etc in the first few years of their careers?
One could even use the term 'man child' but one would see an attack on the ball and the ball carrier that is like a raging bull...uncompromising.
Now one can see that Petracca has those qualities...an uncompromising attack on the ball

McCartin head first into contests every week?
firstly, he hasn't done that in months, and secondly that's probably a good thing considering where it got him - being knocked out all the time. There's no use going head first without a degree of thought or strategy.

...and whatever the reason Petracca was overlooked - whether it's a psyche test, Cockiness, or some other bulls*** reason, it is an indictment on our garbage recruiting department, and Elshaug in particular.

Oh and by the way, while you think diabetes is a badge of honour - if you actually think logically about it - it's probably not the best disease to recruit a player with, given its fitness and energy ramifications...but hey "he's a ripper of a kid"...and we're a ripper of a club

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, nah...some people are seeing a lot more in Petracca than there actually is right now. Good player in a good team, but gun? Not even close.

Last time Paddy was KO'd he was running back with the flight knowing the only other person in the F50 was directly behind him...maybe he didn't think, or maybe his strategy was just to do his job and mark the ball?

saintadamski
Club Player

Yeh you're right - Paddy's awesome
In fact the whole team is...thumbs up to a stellar recruiting department! Flag... HERE WE COME!
I can just see 'one kick Weller' holding that holy grail aloft ...can't wait!
Last edited by saintadamski on Fri 15 Jun 2018 1:28pm, edited 2 times in total.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

obvious what it means

u flew a kite for the young turks

but its all too hard = snowflakes

the other young fella around here who asked for support
got rounded on 'for not already knowing the depths of our despair'

u guys get a taste 'after' the kite flying exercise and melt away

thats good work all round

as u can tell , i'm very impressed.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintadamski wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 1:14pm How can you see a fierce competitor? Let me explain it to you, because you obviously can't tell
I undestand the concept of a fierce competitor. That wasn't my question. My question was what do you see in Petracca that tells you he's a fierce competitor. I don't see anything in him in that regard that separates him from many other young players (including McCartin).

saintadamski wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 1:14pm Ever watched guys like the Scott brothers, Chris Judd, Michael Voss, Tony Lockett, Liam Picken, Lenny Hayes, Todd Viney, Dustin Martin etc etc etc etc in the first few years of their careers?
One could even use the term 'man child' but one would see an attack on the ball and the ball carrier that is like a raging bull...uncompromising.
Now one can see that Petracca has those qualities...an uncompromising attack on the ball
Frankly, I totally disagree. I think even mentioning those guys in the same sentence as Petracca in regards to his attack on the ball is legitimately laughable. I'd almost have to assume that you've mistaken Petracca for someone else given how inaccurate those comparisons are. The dude got beaten up in the contest repeatedly by Scott Pendlebury on the weekend FFS.

saintadamski wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 1:14pm ...and whatever the reason Petracca was overlooked - whether it's a psyche test, Cockiness, or some other bulls*** reason, it is an indictment on our garbage recruiting department, and Elshaug in particular.
Ok, so this is a totally different argument.

As I said earlier, I have no issue with people thinking Petracca was the better pick. The jury is still out for mine personally, and I don't totally reject the notion that we should have picked Petracca. He has plenty of potential - but he's miles from a world beater at this stage.

However you said specifically it was because he was cocky.

I think that's folly.

saintadamski wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 1:14pm Oh and by the way, while you think diabetes is a badge of honour - if you actually think logically about it - it's probably not the best disease to recruit a player with, given its fitness and energy ramifications...but hey "he's a ripper of a kid"...and we're a ripper of a club
I never said it was a badge of honour. I suggested that McCartin's competitiveness should probably not be dismissed, because he's digging very deep to even be playing AFL footy - given he's had 7 concussions and suffers from diabetes.

saintadamski
Club Player

If you can't see his ability to win the contest, his pace and courage....then I suggest that you apply for a senior position at the Saints recruiting department ASAP.
You'd fit in perfectly...just make sure there's no cockiness...We're relying on you!
Last edited by saintadamski on Fri 15 Jun 2018 2:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

takeaway
Club Player

Petracca's just a GOP. Might improve with experience. We have plenty of his type now.

saintadamski
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 2:13pm Petracca's just a GOP. Might improve with experience. We have plenty of his type now.
If we had plenty of his type, we wouldn't be the shambles we are.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintadamski wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 2:09pm

If you can't see his ability to win the contest, his pace and courage....then I suggest that you apply for a senior position at the Saints recruiting department ASAP.
You'd fit in perfectly...just make sure there's no cockiness...We're relying on you!
I never said I don't see his ability to win a contest, his pace or courage.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Vazelos wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 11:13pm
jaxons wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 12:10pm
Vazelos wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 10:33am In 8 years of being in this site I have been a solid 100 gamer type, relatively conservative, giving my opinion but not wanting to upset anyone as you are all comrades in my eyes. Through work and various circles I find out things and at times I have not shared it on here not wanting to create issues for the club but after the non gender toilets pride game rubbish I have had enough.
What I know is 2 groups are waiting until the end of the year and will almost definitely challenge the current board.
I will say the Moorabbin and stadium deals have been huge ticks for this current board.
Outside of that its a mess.
We have lost focus on core business and Finnis is a Political correct champion feathering his reputation and using our club as a platform.
He he is meddling in the football dept too much, does not respect process and is upsetting his staff.
His Jamie Cox appointment has been a disaster and now he has placed him in another role instead of letting him go because he cant admit he made a mistake.

Richo bemoans a lack of resources apparently, again our lack of revenue hurting our ability to compete, been our story for 140 years.

Summer is a nice bloke but a powder puff and Finnis runs the joint with an iron fist.

Lethlean has been in the job for 6 months and has already gone for the Melbourne CEO job that is how much he covets the position and how much he respects the fact we gave him a chance after several clubs said "No thanks." He obviously thinks he is over qualified for the position. That is a joke.

Billings old man is shopping him around apparently, " How dare they drop my boy.?!" Soft silver spoon kid who will eventually play good football 100+ games in a strong team but it may not be at the Saints.

I know for a fact 2 weeks before the draft we were going to pick Petracca but a psyche test came back negative & we went for Mc Cartin.

I already told you in another post "Trout" Elshaug is gone end of year. How we traded out of 2nd and 3rd round picks for the best draft in 5-10 years is extraordinary.

So basically guys start of 2019 we could have a new board, new recruiting team and football dept.

The 2018-20 vision has been completely stuffed, we are in crises and the "sharks are circling."

After last week I say to most of them "Good Riddance!!!!" Do not let the door hit you on the way out!!!

A lot of truth in this post so well done on the accurate information.
The Petracca/McCarten stuff you wrote is not true but everything else is correct.
Who are you hearing the two groups are ready to take on board?
Mate I cant disclose my sources re Mc Cartin/Petracca but let me tell you that is a fact and the person doing the test was a female to give you some more ITK information, 2 weeks before we were going for Petracca. They changed their mind because he came across too cocky.
Take or leave it that is ok if you believe otherwise.
I cant at this stage disclose those names in the 2 groups unfortunately but its happening.
Sorry I cant give anymore at this stage.
Good, not surprised his psych test revealed that. I'm proudly of Italian heritage and I know an Italian mamas boy who's full of himself when I see one. That's Petracca.

The decision should've been between the key forward or the midfielder and if we chose the midfielder, Brayshaw was the one to get.

I'm still of the view that you always take the key forward, unless you've already got one.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saintadamski wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 2:16pm
takeaway wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 2:13pm Petracca's just a GOP. Might improve with experience. We have plenty of his type now.
If we had plenty of his type, we wouldn't be the shambles we are.
:lol: It's Ben Cousins all over again. Don't agree we've got plenty of Petracca's, but not stressed.

saintadamski
Club Player

Just keep watching that video and pretend he's wearing red white and black. Might help your assessment and outlook on our current crop....or maybe it won't

takeaway
Club Player

saintadamski wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 2:29pm Just keep watching that video and pretend he's wearing red white and black. Might help your assessment and outlook on our current crop....or maybe it won't
Actually, we have lost 2 inside bulls with limited pace since 2014 - Armitage (almost) and Stevens (hopefully not permanently), so Petracca would be handy. Trade him in - future 2nd?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saintadamski wrote: Fri 15 Jun 2018 2:29pm Just keep watching that video and pretend he's wearing red white and black. Might help your assessment and outlook on our current crop....or maybe it won't
It, surprisingly, actually won't make any difference at all to my views...I've seen him plenty of times live, we've all seen him do some good stuff, he's a good player. I wouldn't be surprised if he improves, but would we be a vastly different team with other good Melbourne players like Vince, Jones or Tyson in our side? I don't see him ahead of 40% of their list at the moment...he's only a focus on here because the media loves pumping a high draft pick, and we passed him up in pursuit of a rare key position player.

chico2001
Club Player

Rodger...you have to face it.....Petracca is a good player and a fair bit better than McCartin. You are on a hiding to nothing with your logic on this issue. Pendlebury has flogged a lot better players than Petracca over the years and thats a fact. You were given a description of what football fierceness is and you chose to wipe it, the poster even named some players as an example.