Changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Re: Changes for next week

Longer or Hickey playing in the ruck against VFL ruckmen doesn't get Sandringham any closer to a win - but it makes perfect sense that Longer can influence an AFL game, and make all the difference - turn a loss into a win, single-handedly.
I can feel the universe tilting on its side (and the earth becoming flatter) as it tries to accommodate that "logic", stonecold. (I know you're kidding and enjoying the attention). :?
Last edited by samoht on Thu 26 Jul 2018 3:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

stonecold
SS Life Member

samoht wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 3:31pm Longer or Hickey playing in the ruck against VFL ruckmen doesn't get Sandringham any closer to a win - but it makes perfect sense that Longer can influence an AFL game, and make all the difference, single-handedly.
I can feel the universe tilting on its side (and the earth becoming flatter) as it tries to accommodate that "logic", stonecold.
So, you have a crack at me and 'others' for bagging one of our players, yet you do worse!!!!!

Get a grip or better still loosen your grip!!!!!

Not sure what Universe your living in!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 3:31pm Geez brown straight back in instead of maybe having a look at Goddard is disappointing, if expected.
No it's not, we lack experience and leadership, Brown ticks both boxes!!!!!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 3:44pm
dragit wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 3:31pm Geez brown straight back in instead of maybe having a look at Goddard is disappointing, if expected.
No it's not, we lack experience and leadership, Brown ticks both boxes!!!!!
Last week Richmond were younger on average and had more players with under 50 games experience in the side than us > think about that for a minute.

Experience and leadership… words often used to describe players who just aren't very good.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 9:38am
one point wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 12:53am
Saint wagga wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 3:07pm Our entire ruck dept have been seriously disapointing in their lack of development over the last 3 years, I have tried to be patient and positive towards both Hickey and Longer at various times. We should try and offload two of Hickey, Longer and Pierce and see if we can poach the North Melbourne bigman Pruess...My preference would be keep Hickey and 'the prospect', add someone who is a proven ready to go AFL standard ruckman. We have wasted list spots carrying 2-3 'development' ruckmen in the last 3 years. Offloading McEvoy doesn't look as rosey anymore as he has matured into a very solid AFL standard ruckman, and we probably could have done without one of Dunstan and Acres (might get howled down, but neither has really lit it up yet and if you were to look hard into the mirror, could you say that keeping big boy and one of the aformentioned young mids would have been better for us?)...anyway, thats all moot...what we can do is try and rectify a weak area (our ruckman)!
stonecold wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 2:54pm
dragit wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 2:50pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 2:39pm why do you think Hickey keeps getting picked over Longer if he’s not very good?
Probably just that Hickey has Longer covered in every meaningful stat available… including the ones that Longer is supposedly string in - % hitouts won & hitouts to advantage,

http://www.afl.com.au/stats/stats-pro#/ ... sonTab=h2h
Stats, what this years?????

Think Billy still has Tom covered for wins!!!!!

Go away Conny D!!!!!
Watched Hickey through the binoculars at every centre bounce against Nankervis. Only had eyes for Nankervis. Never looked at the ball. It looked as though his first priority was to protect his body rather than win the tap out. Very disappointing. I won't be sorry if he is traded.
Yeap, this is a common occurrence with Tom, always has been, always will be!!!!!

As I've pointed out several times before on here to the uneducated Ruck 'experts', Tom is way too soft at the contest when you watch closely, as you obviously did last week!!!!!

Good work, well done!!!!!

To you Scollop, you might want to stop potting other posters and work out bulldog players names correctly before you suggest our clubs interest in a player that doesn't exsist!!!!!

Just a tip!!!!! ;)
You are a classic. Someone posted the name 'Tom Wallis' so I asked about 'Mitch Liberatore'

Think before you put your foot in your mouth trying to defend Lloyd and Harry

stonecold
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 4:23pm
stonecold wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 9:38am
one point wrote: Thu 26 Jul 2018 12:53am
Saint wagga wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 3:07pm Our entire ruck dept have been seriously disapointing in their lack of development over the last 3 years, I have tried to be patient and positive towards both Hickey and Longer at various times. We should try and offload two of Hickey, Longer and Pierce and see if we can poach the North Melbourne bigman Pruess...My preference would be keep Hickey and 'the prospect', add someone who is a proven ready to go AFL standard ruckman. We have wasted list spots carrying 2-3 'development' ruckmen in the last 3 years. Offloading McEvoy doesn't look as rosey anymore as he has matured into a very solid AFL standard ruckman, and we probably could have done without one of Dunstan and Acres (might get howled down, but neither has really lit it up yet and if you were to look hard into the mirror, could you say that keeping big boy and one of the aformentioned young mids would have been better for us?)...anyway, thats all moot...what we can do is try and rectify a weak area (our ruckman)!
stonecold wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 2:54pm
dragit wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 2:50pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 25 Jul 2018 2:39pm why do you think Hickey keeps getting picked over Longer if he’s not very good?
Probably just that Hickey has Longer covered in every meaningful stat available… including the ones that Longer is supposedly string in - % hitouts won & hitouts to advantage,

http://www.afl.com.au/stats/stats-pro#/ ... sonTab=h2h
Stats, what this years?????

Think Billy still has Tom covered for wins!!!!!

Go away Conny D!!!!!
Watched Hickey through the binoculars at every centre bounce against Nankervis. Only had eyes for Nankervis. Never looked at the ball. It looked as though his first priority was to protect his body rather than win the tap out. Very disappointing. I won't be sorry if he is traded.
Yeap, this is a common occurrence with Tom, always has been, always will be!!!!!

As I've pointed out several times before on here to the uneducated Ruck 'experts', Tom is way too soft at the contest when you watch closely, as you obviously did last week!!!!!

Good work, well done!!!!!

To you Scollop, you might want to stop potting other posters and work out bulldog players names correctly before you suggest our clubs interest in a player that doesn't exsist!!!!!

Just a tip!!!!! ;)
You are a classic. Someone posted the name 'Tom Wallis' so I asked about 'Mitch Liberatore'

Think before you put your foot in your mouth trying to defend Lloyd and Harry
Likely excuse!!!!!

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

great
another thread hijacked & ruined

Seeya