Saints team for round one

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

Re: Saints team for round one

BackFromUSA wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 3:03pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 2:46pm No Clark and Marshal makes no sense to me at all. How does Dunstan get picked and Clark doesn't. Richo starting early with strange selections.
Agree 100%.

Both are future stars. Both proved themselves pre-season.

Marshall over wilke is a serious lack of strategic planning. Pierce gets injured and game is over for us and Bruce has to risk injury. And no real back up plan to combat 2 metre Peter down back.
I thought Marshall was impressive against the Western Bulldogs and thought he would be one of the first selected.
Clark's non selection is mystifying and makes zero sense to me.

Parker, Kent. Long and Gresham surely have anything Lonie brings to the table covered.

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Saints team for round one

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 3:12pm
BackFromUSA wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 3:03pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Sat 23 Mar 2019 2:46pm No Clark and Marshal makes no sense to me at all. How does Dunstan get picked and Clark doesn't. Richo starting early with strange selections.
Agree 100%.

Both are future stars. Both proved themselves pre-season.

Marshall over wilke is a serious lack of strategic planning. Pierce gets injured and game is over for us and Bruce has to risk injury. And no real back up plan to combat 2 metre Peter down back.
I thought Marshall was impressive against the Western Bulldogs and thought he would be one of the first selected.
Clark's non selection is mystifying and makes zero sense to me.

Parker, Kent. Long and Gresham surely have anything Lonie brings to the table covered.
Marshall was very impressive against the Bulldogs, but against who? I think its down to who has had the better preseason, it appeared Pierce was ahead at the start of te JLT.

Clark was quiet in the JLT. Lonie was really good, particularly against Nth Melb, a huge game.