Jake Carlisle....good player...but...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jake Carlisle....good player...but...

‘stickers’ ???

tatts ... i got it

doh

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I heard from my Mrs (via facebook) that he needs to play two more games in the seniors this year to trigger an extension for next year (apologies if this has already been mentioned).

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
loris
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Thu 08 Aug 2019 8:56am I heard from my Mrs (via facebook) that he needs to play two more games in the seniors this year to trigger an extension for next year (apologies if this has already been mentioned).
Thanks for that JB........ I thought I read some months ago whilst he was still out injured, that if he wasn’t back playing within a period of time, he wouldn’t have enough games to play to trigger the extension of the final year of his contract.
I either read it on AFL.com.au or in The Australian newspaper, not on Facebook.

Some on here have said he’s comeback too early, maybe that’s the reason........ although I still think he looks very disinterested in playing, seems to coincide since Richo’s left.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 07 Aug 2019 10:26pm Not to be messed with?

I reckon he’s a bit soft

Being big and having stickers doesn’t make you tough

Sean Dempster was tough
Steve Baker, Max Hudghton, Jason Blake were tough

He aint
Agreed. Lenny Hayes I'd add to that list as well.
Plugger and Lazar as well. Scary bastards those two who hit hard. Big men who were fearsome and weren't to be messed with. Jake doesn't really rate a mention in that company and I get a little annoyed when it's even inferred that he's some type of enforcer or a bit loose and crazy. He's not. He's a big guy with good hands who can use the ball well. But he aint tough.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Lenny was the epitome of toughness

Never seen a harder/tougher player

Back in the days of real tackles (not stoppage tackles) he tackled to hurt, and did it more often than anyone. His record will be surpassed because of repeat stoppage tackles. But he’s the best ‘in play’ tackler I have ever seen (Barker and Winmar great too, but not as fierce or often, they were desperation tacklers)
Lenny also cracked in for the footy, like no one I’ve ever seen (maybe Selwood but he’s a prick)

One tough hombre!

Currently our toughest players
Geary
Steele
Dunstan
Steven
Clarke
Armitage
Long
Bruce
Webster
McKenzie
Rice
Young
Marsh

outside66
Club Player

B.M wrote: Thu 08 Aug 2019 3:08pm Lenny was the epitome of toughness

Back in the days of real tackles (not stoppage tackles) he tackled to hurt, and did it more often than anyone. His record will be surpassed because of repeat stoppage tackles. But he’s the best ‘in play’ tackler I have ever seen (Barker and Winmar great too, but not as fierce or often, they were desperation tacklers)
Lenny also cracked in for the footy, like no one I’ve ever seen (maybe Selwood but he’s a prick)

One tough hombre!

Geary
Steele
Dunstan
Steven
Clarke
Armitage
Long
Bruce
Webster
McKenzie
Rice
Young
Marsh
I'd throw Parker in there as well. His hit on McGrath from Essendon was a beauty

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

outside66 wrote: Thu 08 Aug 2019 3:53pm
B.M wrote: Thu 08 Aug 2019 3:08pm Lenny was the epitome of toughness

One tough hombre!

Geary
Steele
Dunstan
Steven
Clarke
Armitage
Long
Bruce
Webster
McKenzie
Rice
Young
Marsh
I'd throw Parker in there as well. His hit on McGrath from Essendon was a beauty
Coffield will easily make that list by the time his career with the Saints is complete.

loris
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Thu 08 Aug 2019 11:09am
Jacks Back wrote: Thu 08 Aug 2019 8:56am I heard from my Mrs (via facebook) that he needs to play two more games in the seniors this year to trigger an extension for next year (apologies if this has already been mentioned).
Thanks for that JB........ I thought I read some months ago whilst he was still out injured, that if he wasn’t back playing within a period of time, he wouldn’t have enough games to play to trigger the extension of the final year of his contract.

Some on here have said he’s comeback too early, maybe that’s the reason........ although I still think he looks very disinterested in playing, seems to coincide since Richo’s left.
JB, Ratten has confirmed (on Saints.com) that there is a trigger clause for his contract on how many games Jake had to play this year. Ratts says he doesn’t know the figures, it’s up to list management to work though that.

To the top
SS Life Member

Required player.

Including in regards to our structure.

No doubt, having missed just about the entire season it is no easy achievement to come back to AFL football at season's end, as many have found before him.

Will be the better for a full pre-season.

I have seen no sign of any dis-interest.

Got caught out of position a couple of times due to the ball ricocheting around including off team-mates but these things happen

IF we do not have Carlisle what are our options for the outer key defensive position?

No one.

And we currently have the same problem with Brown at full back

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Thu 08 Aug 2019 4:15pm
loris wrote: Thu 08 Aug 2019 11:09am

JB, Ratten has confirmed (on Saints.com) that there is a trigger clause for his contract on how many games Jake had to play this year. Ratts says he doesn’t know the figures, it’s up to list management to work though that.
Thanks loris

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!