2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2015 - Draft & Trade Thread

I still think pick 5 for Weller and next years first rounder from Freo is a winner.

The Kelly talk came from BrianSpeaking. It is no wonder his initials are 'BS'. Last year he had us down for Cameron.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 15 Oct 2015 12:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

prwilkinson wrote:Why is the Freeman deal taking so long to sort out? Surely both clubs can come to an agreement. What could change from this Friday to next? Is 2 weeks for the trade period too long?

Just seems like a lot of sitting around with thumbs up backsides rather than just getting in there and getting things done. Some of these deals throughout the competition have been on the table for 6 months prior to the trade window even opening.
Ameet has always said Carlisle deal was the priority and Freeman would be sorted out after that. Collingwood list manager pretty much said the exact same thing.

Makes me think the principles of the deal are agreed (2nd round / 2016 pick, etc.), just need to get Carlisle over the line and see what we've got left over to confirm it.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Con Gorozidis wrote:I still think pick 5 for Weller and next years first rounder from Freo is a winner.

The Kelly talk came from BrianSpeaking. It is no wonder his initials are 'BS'. Last year he had us down for Cameron.
We spoke to Cameron extensively last year, and I suspect that until the Boyd thing hit, Cameron to us was all but done, bar the haggling.............

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

St Chris wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:Why is the Freeman deal taking so long to sort out? Surely both clubs can come to an agreement. What could change from this Friday to next? Is 2 weeks for the trade period too long?

Just seems like a lot of sitting around with thumbs up backsides rather than just getting in there and getting things done. Some of these deals throughout the competition have been on the table for 6 months prior to the trade window even opening.
Ameet has always said Carlisle deal was the priority and Freeman would be sorted out after that. Collingwood list manager pretty much said the exact same thing.

Makes me think the principles of the deal are agreed (2nd round / 2016 pick, etc.), just need to get Carlisle over the line and see what we've got left over to confirm it.
Yeah, I'm just venting. Really want to see how our list is going to look for 2016. Are Ray and Saad going to be delisted? Are we going to try an get Mitch Brown onto our senior list as well? It's all very intriguing.

ace
Saintsational Legend

So far the AFL has only handed out two compensation picks for free agency.
West Coast mid round 2 for Scott Selwood
Hawthorn mid round 2 for Matthew Suckling

That means West Coast has picks 36 & 37
Hawthorn has picks 38 & 39
All other picks thereafter will slip by 2
We have 5, 24 , 44, 62, 80
Brisbane is yet to match Essendon's pay offer to Leuenberger.
If they do not then Brisbane will get end of round 2 pick 40 and all other picks thereafter will slip by 1.

So by end of today we may have 5, 24, 45, 63, 81

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Playon
Club Player

Bombers speaking from the load of crap hand book

Dildo said they had 2 offers better than the Saints pick 5, one of them from Richmond (pick 12 and a pick from next year)

Tom Browne Verified account
‏@TomBrowne7
I can reveal @Richmond offered @EssendonFC about 12 and second round next season. Tigers having crack. @EssendonFC rejected at this stage

Think @brisbanelions other club who have made offer to @EssendonFC , but #carlisle doesn't want to go there

#carlisle still wants to go to @stkildafc , in end probably will, but #tigers clearly circling @7NewsMelbourne

Don't think #carlisle has checked out #richmond, but I don't think he'd necessarily be closed to idea. They'd have to stump up big $$

Well Tom you and Dildo are speaking ....

Midday update | SEN Inside Footy trade analyst Brett Anderson addresses the rumor claiming Richmond has offered Bomber Jake Carlisle a contract.

"We can report that we have spoken to Richmond and they say have no interest in Jake Carlisle, and have not offered pick 12 in any deal," Anderson said.

"That information has been put out there to put some pressure on the St Kilda football club to give up what they don't want to give up."

Read more at http://www.sen.com.au/news/10-15/trade- ... qhpMxlX.99
Last edited by Playon on Thu 15 Oct 2015 1:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dodoro is a lying flog. I hope we bury the prick.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Now real footy reporting hawks into Jake

Everyone wants to wear poo and wee

ace
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Bombers speaking from the load of crap hand book

Dildo said they had 2 offers better than the Saints pick 5, one of them from Richmond (pick 12 and a pick from next year)

Midday update | SEN Inside Footy trade analyst Brett Anderson addresses the rumor claiming Richmond has offered Bomber Jake Carlisle a contract.

"We can report that we have spoken to Richmond and they say have no interest in Jake Carlisle, and have not offered pick 12 in any deal," Anderson said.

"That information has been put out there to put some pressure on the St Kilda football club to give up what they don't want to give up."

Read more at http://www.sen.com.au/news/10-15/trade- ... qhpMxlX.99
Gee Dildo, if you have better offers than pick 5 why haven't you taken them.
Do you seriously expect us to believe that you love St Kilda so much you would give us a discount. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Playon
Club Player

Sorry edited with update

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

let him go

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Hawthorn have offered Essendon picks 15 & 18 for Carlisle.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

We may need to pay overs for Carlisle. We're building a list and we need a good key defender. Obviously the plan is to get an elite midfielder via free agency next year. Not getting Carlisle could disrupt those plans. We need to move and move quickly if we want Carlisle. I think think we seriously need to consider offering picks 5 & 24 for Carlisle & Goddard or for Carlisle and their pick 23.

ripplug66
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote:We may need to pay overs for Carlisle. We're building a list and we need a good key defender. Obviously the plan is to get an elite midfielder via free agency next year. Not getting Carlisle could disrupt those plans. We need to move and move quickly if we want Carlisle. I think think we seriously need to consider offering picks 5 & 24 for Carlisle & Goddard or for Carlisle and their pick 23.

Why would we want Goddard? I don't think the club are that stupid.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I still think pick 5 for Weller and next years first rounder from Freo is a winner.

Winner for Freo, nor for us.

Pick 5 for an untried kid and maybe pick 18 to 21 next year? no thanks.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

ripplug66 wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:We may need to pay overs for Carlisle. We're building a list and we need a good key defender. Obviously the plan is to get an elite midfielder via free agency next year. Not getting Carlisle could disrupt those plans. We need to move and move quickly if we want Carlisle. I think think we seriously need to consider offering picks 5 & 24 for Carlisle & Goddard or for Carlisle and their pick 23.

Why would we want Goddard? I don't think the club are that stupid.
Quite decent steak knives I would have thought. An elite player and an experienced leader.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:Hawthorn have offered Essendon picks 15 & 18 for Carlisle.
At $700 k's per annum? they couldn't fit him in their salary cap. and I doubt he would get a regular game with the premiers.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
At $700 k's per annum? they couldn't fit him in their salary cap. and I doubt he would get a regular game with the premiers.
If Frawley can then Carlisle certainly will. He's twice the player that Frawley is

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-trade- ... k9qhl.html

"Hawthorn has made a stunning bid to usurp St Kilda and claim Jake Carlisle from Essendon in a three-way deal involving North Melbourne and Jed Anderson.

Under the deal being negotiated Hawthorn would give up their first round draft pick and Anderson and receive Carlisle from Essendon.

Anderson would go to North Melbourne along with Essendon's pick 41 and the Bombers would receive North's first round pick (15) as well as Hawthorn's (18).

The net effect of the trade would be: Hawthorn gets Carlisle; North gets Anderson and pick 41; Essendon gets picks 15 and 18.

Pick 41 will become pick 44 once the free agency compensation selections for Scott Selwood, Matthew Suckling and Matthew Leuenberger (if Brisbane decides not to match Essendon's offer, as expected) are slotted into the draft order.

The move comes as trade talks between the Saints and Bombers stall over the fact St Kilda won't do a direct swap of pick 5 for Carlisle and has as yet been able to come up with an alternative.

The Saints have explored options to trade five to another club in exchange for two later first round picks. Essendon had already indicated they would be likely to turn that sort of deal down.

Carlisle has nominated St Kilda as his preferred club to be traded to after receiving a five year offer worth in excess of $3.2million.

Carlisle is holidaying overseas at the moment but it is understood Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson was attempting to speak with him today.

All clubs have agreed in principle to the deal but further details are being ironed out and the trade would rely on Carlisle backing away from his commitment to the Saints.

The Hawks have a tight salary cap for next year but are expected to have more room the following season with the retirement of older players and an increase in the total player payments from the new collective bargaining agreement.

Richmond has also enquired after Carlisle, and put a proposed deal to the Bombers, but that trade will not happen.'

That last sentence has alreadty been shown up to be crap. The tigers have said they have no interest in Carlisle and never did.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Please tell us you are joking.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
saynta wrote:
If Frawley can then Carlisle certainly will. He's twice the player that Frawley is
That's just a matter of opinion and I'm not a fan of chips.

Playon
Club Player

Well there is a fifth party involved in all of this and that's Carlisle himself. He's already said that he didnt want to play for a club like Hawthorn

It may depend on what Clarkson can come up with, a statement from his manager wouldn't go astray right now

Grrrrr
Club Player

Playon wrote:Well there is a fifth party involved in all of this and that's Carlisle himself. He's already said that he didnt want to play for a club like Hawthorn

It may depend on what Clarkson can come up with, a statement from his manager wouldn't go astray right now
Reports from multiple sources saying that Carlisle will play for Hawthorn...

longtimesaint
Club Player

Grrrrr wrote:
Playon wrote:Well there is a fifth party involved in all of this and that's Carlisle himself. He's already said that he didnt want to play for a club like Hawthorn

Reports from multiple sources saying that Carlisle will play for Hawthorn...
It doesn't say much for his integrity to switch to the Hawks so readily.
He would get to the saints with a bit of solidarity!

One year will be our year
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Hawthorn were always going to get Carlisle as soon as they pushed Lake out. The AFL have allowed this type of bulls*** for the strong clubs to keep being strong and we can forget about a flag in this competition its not designed to happen.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL