AGM

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote: There maybe an official policy to limit the amount of quotes soon. Stay tuned.
Bring it on!!!

.....how about, once the thread is more than 2 pages in length, no more than double quoting!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:Must be time to lock it.
I dont know. Hasnt quite reached the CEO thread but if we give it a bit more time I think it can get there.
Yep..and if it does it will be locked just like the CEO one was...and ocne again people with precious few manners can be blamed.

Just personally...some of the abuse thrown around this place of late makes B4E's merely annoying banter look pretty tame by comparison.

Yep..I'll be accused of taking sides, but tbh Im so far over that its not funny.

Joffaboy was spot on in the General Forum. A few people on here need to have a beer at a game, lighten up and remember that this a footy forum, not the United Nations.

A bit less chest beating and a bit more turning the other cheek and ignoring silly posts wouldnt go astray either.
Get back on topic. This isnt about B4E.

The Craw
Club Player

Was hoping that this site had improved over the last couple of months...... it hasn't. A real shame really.... I remember when it was a great forum for harmless banter and robust discussion about the saints.

Reading through this trash it is quite sad that it has degenerated to what could only be described as a childish name calling chest beating look at me look at me I'm so tough behind my keyboard site.

Oh well, hopefully things will improve we the season proper starts.

Not Craw, CRAW!
GrumpyOne

St Fidelius wrote:Oh by the way grumpyone,

Seeing that you acknowledged that I am a "copper" and stated that I should be catching crooks.

I worked on Sunday and have this Thursday off...

So if I happen to post during the day on Thursday I am not at work.

I hope you can comprehend that.

In any case what gives you the right on a public forum to tell me what I should do and shouldn't do :roll:

NOW IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO GET A LIFE!

and stop this useless banter, I have no interest in any conversation with you :idea:
Could resist taking a second shot, could you?

I will sleep much easier knowing that you are part of the thin blue line keeping me safe from evil-doers.

But what has that to do with you taking personal offence at every single comment made on the forum?

You have proven time and time again that you are ill-equipped to take part in the cut and thrust of open debate on this forum, so why do you keep searching for targets?

It is you who have brought up your personal details on the open forum. I take it then that there will be no more complaints to the mods when those personal details are incorporated in any subsequent replies.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

What astounds me is not the progress of this thread, or it's degeneration...

It's that from the sound, the AGM was Saintsational gone live!

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote: Yep..and if it does it will be locked just like the CEO one was...and ocne again people with precious few manners can be blamed.

Just personally...some of the abuse thrown around this place of late makes B4E's merely annoying banter look pretty tame by comparison.

Yep..I'll be accused of taking sides, but tbh Im so far over that its not funny.

Joffaboy was spot on in the General Forum. A few people on here need to have a beer at a game, lighten up and remember that this a footy forum, not the United Nations.

A bit less chest beating and a bit more turning the other cheek and ignoring silly posts wouldnt go astray either.
I actually think you do a great job around here, you don't play favourites, you call it as it is!
Being a mod is a very thankless task and made more difficult by people who continue to abuse other posters and find it impossible to stick to thread topics without introducing personalized nonsense!

A few years ago there was a bit of argy bargy between about 5 posters including myself ( :oops: ) to the point where Damien stepped in and warned everyone to stop replying to the other posters involved, ignore their posts or expect to get banned.
Private emails were sent to all five and except for one poster who continually stalks my posts to this day, in total disregard of the careful wording of Damien's email, this message was respected!

Some obviously see themselves as self appointed forum cops, take this forum way, way too seriously and then hijack threads with personalized drivel which has nothing to do with the thread topic.

As for all the quoting of quoting!

Saintspremiers08 is a classic example of someone who quotes a war and peace length of multiple quotes to then post a one line personalized insult!
This has been happening repeatedly for a very long time!

If someone wants to use a quote then surely it isn't to hard to isolate the direct quote without having to post a cacophony of multiple quotes!

S66 has banned me before when I have been out of line, I didn't go running to him to ask why, just accepted it and I don't go running to him to point out all the names I've been called in this thread such as turd, asshole, hippie, hobo, etc...etc.. or as to if these insults received warnings, because guess what, I don't give a toss either way.

FAIR DINKUM, it's like playschool around here, adults running to mods to complain about other posters, I mean seriously!

Just be thankful that some people give their time to be mods in the first place!

I wouldn't be a mod around here even if you paid me a few hundred bucks a week, FAIR DINKUM!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: I've been called in this thread such as turd, asshole, hippie, hobo, etc...etc..
Who called you a hobo?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
barks4eva wrote: I've been called in this thread such as turd, asshole, hippie, hobo, etc...etc..
Who called you a hobo?
rodgerfox wrote:Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the CEO has offered some hobo the chance to come down to his office and check out some confidential information??

I'm floored by that.
Why do you ask?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Who called you a hobo?
rodgerfox wrote:Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the CEO has offered some hobo the chance to come down to his office and check out some confidential information??

I'm floored by that.
Why do you ask?
HAA!! Was that you??

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote: FAIR DINKUM!
Short enough quote for you B4? :wink: :lol:

It is a great pity that you cannot raise concerns about the equality and tone of the mods performance without them dragging out the old chestnut of "mod-bashing".

Some mods show maturity in the approach to their task, however the majority seem to only become mods as a power wielding opportunity. Where I have clearly transgressed the rules, I have accepted my reprimand without complaint.

However when one mod openly speaks and refers to posters as if in the style of teacher to naughty little children, another is dictated to in his duties by his girlfriend, and a third shows so much immaturity that Homey leaves him in his shadow, one has to wonder why we permit this system of "mod-self-selection" to continue.

I was recently warned off retorting to a poster because of his "illness" and occupation. No action appears to have been taken in regard to him, as he is still posting at me vindictively. AFAIAC, if he is well enough to work full time in his chosen field, he is well enough to be brought into line over his comments.

How about the mods stop playing favourites, and do their self-appointed task without fear or favour for a change.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

GO,

Those issues should've been raised at the AGM.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
GrumpyOne

SENsaintsational wrote:GO,

Those issues should've been raised at the AGM.
What AGM?

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

The AGM hosted by hobos I believe.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
GrumpyOne

SENsaintsational wrote:The AGM hosted by hobos I believe.
I'll let that one go through to the keeper SEN.

Nothing but disaster to be had playing a shot to that. :wink:

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I have set a pretty strong off side field, but left a good gap through mid wicket.

Was looking for a leading edge, but not to be.

GrumpyOne

SENsaintsational wrote:I have set a pretty strong off side field, but left a good gap through mid wicket.

Was looking for a leading edge, but not to be.
*Walks up wicket, patting down spots with toe of bat"

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

However when one mod openly speaks and refers to posters as if in the style of teacher to naughty little children,
WHoever that mod is... 8-) ...has every right to IMO

On occasion the behaviour of some posters on here is childish in the extreme. Sorry, but grown men (and thats who the majority of them are I highly suspect) engage in the verbal equivalent of eye-scratching and tongue-poking..they deserve to be treated like children.

Wanna be treated like an adult? Act like one.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
GrumpyOne

saint66au wrote: Wanna be treated like an adult? Act like one.
Was that meant personally?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Nope....was aimed at everyone who's ever acted childishly on here :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
GrumpyOne

saint66au wrote:Nope....was aimed at everyone who's ever acted childishly on here :-)
Cool..... Leaves me out then.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Grumps is on 93 not out in this thread.....

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote: Could resist taking a second shot, could you?

I will sleep much easier knowing that you are part of the thin blue line keeping me safe from evil-doers.

But what has that to do with you taking personal offence at every single comment made on the forum?

You have proven time and time again that you are ill-equipped to take part in the cut and thrust of open debate on this forum, so why do you keep searching for targets?

It is you who have brought up your personal details on the open forum. I take it then that there will be no more complaints to the mods when those personal details are incorporated in any subsequent replies.
Off topic again, but just what makes you think that I complained to the mods?

Did you get a warning or something?

If you did, just who is "ill equipped to take part in an open debate"?

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Very close to being locked guys..

Fid/GO..if you have issues to sort out....PM's eh? spare the rest of us

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso! wrote:
Your approach to Archie was most disrespectful.
Your opening words of your first question was (gist) "Archie, before you leave us for the GoldCoast …"
That and the delivery style was nothing short of a double-barelled cheap shot.
It antagonised Archie.
And in case you didn't realise it, it put most of the other people in the hall offside.
Could you not sense the negative vibes ?
A career as a diplomat is definitely not for you.

You then leave the "Goldcoast" bit out of your own summary of the question.
Then under questioning from other posters claim it was just an honest mistake and no big deal.

Either
- you really believe it was no big deal
In which case you have a poor grasp of how to deal with people.
- or you deliberately rehearsed the line as a "put down",
And then pretended it was just a harmless aside.

So either
- you lack emotional intelligence,
or
- you lack intellectual integrity.

.....which is why i questioned b4e on this issue.......besides trying to ascertain who was being more truthful.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

geez....reading this last page was a real chore........some childish sooks on here ffs.......well...one anyway.......whinge whinge whinge.........like a broken f****** record...... :evil: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.