saints v swans offical game thread (includes live scores)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:I missed the game...sigh, Anyone know when a replay will be on fox sports?

Who played on Roo?
9.00 a.m Sunday

:lol:

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Replay on One HD tomorrow aswell

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
stkfc1
Club Player

Just got back ...

First and foremost Kosi= awesome

Gilbert = excellent

MG = VGood

the FRay = you could see why a top 4 pick.boy has skills!

Zacattack = well done! ( BBB very overrated for mine)

special mention to mini , bally, jones and blakey did some very nice things off the ball.
These are the things that don't get mentioned in the world of stats but what wins you the game...

for those of you whining that we didn't finish them off ,build a bridge and get the F@#k over it. first game of the season two man bench and we had the game won...shut up and enjoy the win FFS! :roll:
Last edited by stkfc1 on Sun 29 Mar 2009 12:06am, edited 2 times in total.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Replay on One HD tomorrow aswell
fantastic - whens that on?

“Yeah….nah””
Dawson 4 brownlow

Dawson Gilbo and Geary all good

Dawson 4 the brownlow
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

10:00 am CH:One

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
saintly_safes
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
saintly_safes wrote:As I posted earlier hard to get excited but thankful for the win. Go sainters :D
what was hard to get excited about?

I just watched - live - a very entertaining game of footy.

IF you prefer your circle work Richmond/Carlton debarcles good luck to you - I thought the hard at it body contest tonight was great along with some great marking and some nice goals (Dals off 1 step near 50 was a beauty UNDER PRESSURE)

F@Rk some just want basketball - go watch it.
I hate basket ball . I've been a die hard saints supporter (as you are) for 45 years .My mood from week to week depends on if the saints have won or lost.Im really finding it difficult to cope with the fact that our window to be a genuine premiership contender is slipping away from us.We were so close to the holy grail & now were treading water again. I'm a patient man but I really, really want a flag (as we all do )& the gap between us & the top 2 teams is getting bigger. All I want is the saints to be holding the cup in September, I'll gladly watch that.

zebraman
Club Player

Went to the game tonight....sat on the wing amongst the St Kilda supporters on level 3...it's a long wway up there....

1st AFL game in a long time....

It was interesting listening to Saints fans throughout the match.....

Goddard is definitelyy not a favourite amongst the supporters I was sitting near...nearly every time he got the ball there were groans .....

After reading plenty of views here prior to the match, the one player who a lot of people doubted...Farren Ray.....I thought he was excellent...another was Dawson...any job against Barry Hall is a big ask...and he kept him to one goal...

St Kilda were terrific after 1/4 time...to keep any team goal-less for 2 quarters is a real achievement....Koschitzke was very very good...took a screamer virtually a couple of kicks after Jolly took one for Sydney

In the second 1/4 there were quite a few supporters who were ultra critical of St Kilda kicking backwards/across the ground....on 2 occcasions doing this resulted in goals for the saints....I think they just wanted the players to bomb the ball long into the forward line...those days are gone...
It's all about possession and to randomly kick long into the forward line in the hope that someting MAY happen is just not on...that's what set plays are all about and the Saints carried them out very well....

All in all a very pleasant evening at Etihad Stadium.......

Hope there are many more to come

Now off to Sandy on Sunday for another double header...can't get enough football at the moment....

It's a great weekend when St Kilda win and Collingwood lose...going to watch the entire Pies/Crows match on Foxtel...

Go Saints...Go Zebras

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:
In the second 1/4 there were quite a few supporters who were ultra critical of St Kilda kicking backwards/across the ground....on 2 occcasions doing this resulted in goals for the saints....I think they just wanted the players to bomb the ball long into the forward line...those days are gone...
Trues Zebra....some still sadly want us to turn the clock back to 2004 when all we had to do was bomb to a fwd line that contained, Riewoldt, Gehrig, Hamill, Kos(occasionally), Milne.

Not only are 2 of those bigger bodies gone - the game has moved to zones, floods, plagues and anything else natuire throws up....bombs away wont cut it anymore...and you get smashed on the rebound.

Now....if someone could just pass this on to Jason Gram...

“Yeah….nah””
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

backit wrote:Yes a win is a win but we have a long way to go and if you are happy with that good luck to you. A good side starts well and finishes well, we didn't do either tonite.
Yes that describes Sydney very well. Er... they lost. If that's your measure of a good team, then good luck to you.