This will sound like heresy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:Image

:P
Hey go back to checking frees you rabble rouser :wink: :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple

my post was a general statement....this isn't the first thread hijacked, and stinger isn't the only hijacker.

Half a dozen posters are guilty of time and time again taking the bait from each other.

Plenty of posters get banned and warned. stinger included, yourself included.

But why the hell can't people click the mind control button and stop taking the dam bait.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im enjoying it 8-)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote: But why the hell can't people click the mind control button and stop taking the dam bait.
well I did ask for WJ42 to ignore the jacker and troll but he wouldn't so i do agree with that.

Kudo's to the majority of posters who dismiss the OT trolling and looked at the OP.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:im enjoying it 8-)
I enjoyed Friday night more.

Especially your account of the frees for the game :D :D

Lance or James??

HarveysDeciple

joffaboy wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote: But why the hell can't people click the mind control button and stop taking the dam bait.
well I did ask for WJ42 to ignore the jacker and troll but he wouldn't so i do agree with that.

Kudo's to the majority of posters who dismiss the OT trolling and looked at the OP.
yeah agreed. credit to them.

I apologise if my rant offended you. Having an angry day.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:im enjoying it 8-)
I enjoyed Friday night more.

Especially your account of the frees for the game :D :D
i printed it out and anyone who says one thing at work on monday about the free kick count ( Image ) gets a copy 8-)

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:
Half a dozen posters are guilty of time and time again taking the bait from each other.

But why the hell can't people click the mind control button and stop taking the dam bait.
I've been baiting joffaboy for a couple of years now. How do I get him to take the bait ? :roll: :wink: !!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
bigred wrote:This had the makings of a good thread and discussion.

I struggle to understand why you post on this board Stinger. Really I do.

Seriously, your grandstanding has not just destroyed this thread, but half the discussion threads posted on this board over the past several years.

Your are a complete parasite on this forum. In fact, I would go as far as to say that you are the catalyst that has caused much of the decay of Saintsational over the past four years.

You add nothing but personal attacks and worthless response posts, usually between one and three lines in length and mostly just to abuse someone.

I really do hope the mod's here show some backbone and IP ban you, not just a two day holiday for you, but show you the door completely.

This post is just what you are looking for though is it not?

You are the consummate "Internet Hero". Seriously, you should teach a TAFE course such is your skill.

my care factor about what you think is less than zero...this is not the first time you have openly abused me on this forum..whist i have never abused you.....in fact..you and your mates continually call me names and try and denigrate me...where it is some years..apart from the odd lapse..and only when provoked.... that i have abused anybody......sure in the old days..i called some spades bloody shovels..but those days are long gone....anyway as i said...i couldn't give a rats for your views on me.....this is an internet forum ffs.......if you don't like what i post don't read it...ffs....... :roll: :roll:

If you think that's abuse mate, then you are one precious little number.

Thats not abuse, its my opinion of you. Deal with it. You are a parasite on this forum.

Absolute internet hero....

"me and my mates" pfft. I've made maybe 20 posts on this forum in the past two seasons. Mainly because it has been ruined by the likes of you.

Cry more hero....cry more.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:

I've been baiting joffaboy for a couple of years now. How do I get him to take the bait ? :roll: :wink: !!
Use single syllable words?

Richter
SS Life Member

Johnny Favier wrote: So I may not agree JB, but I can appreciate where you're coming from and I think only time will tell if Harv's departure was a catalyst for our boys to go to the next level or not.
Facts

1. Harv's leaves.

2. The saints are playing more like a team.

How do we know if one caused the other or merely followed it?

Take a look at my sig below....... Is the OP an example of this logical fallacy (Post hoc ergo propter hoc)?

It is not actually possible to know because there is only one reality and a test of the other (i.e. that Harvey stayed on into 2009) is not possible.

Thus JB's assertion of the OP as a "discussion point" rather than an outright assertion of truth was absolutely spot on.

Rick the Logician. :wink:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, can't be arsed reading pages 2 to 4 - assume they are full of abuse etc.

Anyway, back on topic....good post JB....you may be onto something.

I reckon Harvs was a messiah amongst perhaps the younger players, not so much the older heads, and it may be those that were being held back by his on field presence.

That sort of theory could back up Ross Lyon's wishes, if they were to have the team Harvey-free in 2009.

Dunno, just a theory......

Shaggy
Club Player

IMO the theory is ridiculous.

No different to blaming Barks, Joffa and Burnsy for the dark ages.

Banger going has given the opportunity for Armo and X to step up but they have been injured anyway.

Apart from that our players are now playing to the best they have in the past. I think our belief factor is back as happened in 2004-5.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:Apart from that our players are now playing to the best they have in the past. I think our belief factor is back as happened in 2004-5.
Ahh the belief cloud is back :D :D

Lance or James??

Shaggy
Club Player

Belief means everything Joffa.

As you should know.

But there is a difference between wanting to believe and believing.

I think we are there this year. There should be a true respect between all the players and with all the players.

We have a shite hot side and with true depth for the first time I can remember.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:Belief means everything Joffa.

As you should know.

But there is a difference between wanting to believe and believing.

I think we are there this year. There should be a true respect between all the players and with all the players.

We have a shite hot side and with true depth for the first time I can remember.
the signs look positive however its two games in

if this club has taught anyone anything ever its that one needs to be patient and not expect things to fall into place...fans, players and adminstration have expecting luck to just go our way...doesnt happen

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Taking out all the argy bargy crap in this thread, I thought the original premise was worth looking at now given that we are 14-0 and not 2-0 when this subject was being debated.

Personally, I still think Harvey would be valuable to the team. But time stands still for no man and no man is bigger than the club.

I think I agree with the 'attitude readjustment' that has come with Harvey's retirement....maybe it has alerted several that you can play 20 years and 380 games and still not get the ultimate prize.

Maybe that is the legacy that Robert Harvey leaves behind. Take your chances when they present themselves.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Take a look at my sig below....... Is the OP an example of this logical fallacy (Post hoc ergo propter hoc)?
Richter's sig:
"I just want you to talk to me about it. I want us to talk about what it will mean and we'll make it work. I want us to talk like we're gonna figure it out together. I want us to talk... because I like the sound of your voice... I just want to talk."
I really hope he's changed his sig since he posted that because my head has been blown.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I still cant see the stars in Geelong. I KNOW they have superstars but I dont see G.Ablett or J.Bartel - I see the Geelong Football team.

Would love to get to this stage at the STKFC.
Do we see individual stars or a team?

Are we better off without Harvs?

We are 14-0 now and not 2-0?

Reading back, some people made some pretty embarrassing posts on thie thread.

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
joffaboy wrote:I still cant see the stars in Geelong. I KNOW they have superstars but I dont see G.Ablett or J.Bartel - I see the Geelong Football team.

Hope we dont bring out the thread after the Bullies practice game. :wink: Only joking. I would think I have you covered for embarrassing posts.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

You feel vindicated do you?

Sad, really.

Nobody can prove that we wouldn't be in this situation had Harvey not retired.

The penny may have dropped for the side regardless.

1 + 1 = 3 as far as I'm concerned.

reincarnated

OLB wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Sad, really.

Personally Harvey would have offered a little more than bugger all this season. He was loosing what little pace he had left and his footskills etc were leaving him. That being said he was a champion of our club

Beej
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
OLB wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Sad, really.

Personally Harvey would have offered a little more than bugger all this season. He was loosing what little pace he had left and his footskills etc were leaving him. That being said he was a champion of our club
I agree, Harvey's time was up. I'm just trying to make the point that just because Harvey retired doesn't necessarily correlate to us having the season we're having now.

reincarnated

OLB wrote:
reincarnated wrote:
OLB wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Sad, really.

I agree, Harvey's time was up. I'm just trying to make the point that just because Harvey retired doesn't necessarily correlate to us having the season we're having now.
Reincarnated sees that too many talented players were cruising along no working hard enough

Reincarnated believes that Harvey going was a good thing and certain someones were now placed as number one mids or part of the first rotation that Harvey took up to a degree