West Coast v St Kilda..match thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
Owen wrote:I seriously want to smack BT in the gob for this typical underdog-hugging 'commentary' ... time for sound to go down I think ..
+1
+2

BANG BANG
+3 and turned the sound off

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

+4 lucky healy loves us

Schillaci
Club Player

Half time.

Lead by 10 pts.

Shades
Club Player

We seem abit up our selfs tuffen up boys blow em away in the 2nd half

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Pretty bad kciking at goal has cost us a bigger lead.

Just the ten point lead after a pretty error-riddled first half. Think the saints are just trying to slow it down so they don't have to go in so hard and preserve themselves for next week.

Ray and Dal Santo good in that quarter, Hremely quiet and Raph up and down. Dal Santo with two wonderful goals and singles to Mini Roo and Ray

saintluke
Club Player

Not sure how much more of this telecast I can take. Honestly its 100% biased. And what was up with that holding the ball call at that last stoppage. Good job boys to be up.

Thats the difference, we play the hardest game of the year, they tank against the Dee's and then we come out and still match it away from home. Keep it up!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

That Raph thread will be out soon and I cannot blame them. But there are others as well. The problem is they have browny points, Raph hasnt got any this year.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Half Time - Saints 37 Eagles 27

Saints 178 disposals - Eagles 193
Saints 32 marks - Eagles 42
Saints 44 tackles - Eagles 39
Saints 12 frees - Eagles 9
Saints ?? I50's - Eagles ??

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Worst game I have ever seen Raph Clarke play.

He will have to have a blinder in the 2nd half or he will be dropped for sure.

I admit he is not alone - but he just doesn't seem up to it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:That Raph thread will be out soon and I cannot blame them. But there are others as well. The problem is they have browny points, Raph hasnt got any this year.
Agreed.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Schillaci
Club Player

$1.13 St.Kilda
$6 WCE at half time according to radio..

I'll keep my money in my wallet I think.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:That Raph thread will be out soon and I cannot blame them. But there are others as well. The problem is they have browny points, Raph hasnt got any this year.
Absolutely agree. raph has't been our worst, but because he hasn't had a good start and virtiually given a few games away, he will be lambasted like usual.

Some St Kilda supporters disgust me. How can you call yourself a supporter if all you do is stick the boot in.

I would say therte are five or six blokes out there who aren't pulling their weight at the moment. Can't just single our raph.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

10 points up at the half. We have played pretty poorly but still managed to keep our noses in front. West Coast are total crap TBH.

My observations:

Brian Taylor is a tosser and Glen Jackovich should be banned from commentating Eagles games

Raph Clarke is not up to it at all

We are flat as a pancake after last week

The West Coast fans are complete turnips

Dal and Gardi have been very good

Defence are holding up pretty well considering

On this form the Crows will destroy us next week

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
esaint66
SS Life Member

Yep, great post.
He just doesn't look commited and confident enough to be in the best 22 of the top team.

milney044
Club Player

The commentary is shocking. During the quarter time break Dad woke up to hear them and he asked "Are the Saints getting thrashed?". No Dad we're actually winning :roll: Disgraceful.
But the games not much better! C'mon boys, lift a little in the second half, just enough for a nice 3 goal win. I'm hoping they're just focused on doing just enough for the 4 points. Coming off a tough game with another big test against the Crows next week.

Nice goals to Dal, he owns that right pocket!

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

GAME NOTESHayes is down hardly got near it getting tagged but would be in top form able to shake it
Ball is also struggling no doubt both were instrumental in our midfield physicality and looked zapped would have preferred to rest one...
BUT everyone has a PHD in hindsight
Monty killing it in the midfield luckily he is in this rich vein of form or may be down..

Baker has not touched it very worrying... may be in trouble at the selection table next week, ground doesnt suit him big ground alot of space and he is not the quickest... but the MCG is also big...

Clarke way too many errors and clangers playing on LeCras and lucky he doesnt have his kicking boots on... He does something good then turns it over or puts us in the gun not good enough

Gards doing a great job in the ruck breaking even with the best ruckman in the league...And winning more hitouts

Dempster bit rusty few ordinary kicks but first game back can be given slack his pace is still there and exactly what we need, definite starting 22

Roo works extraodinarily hard got to love him

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i was expecting us to be flat but not this flat.

hopefully we can do what's required and stroll on home

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:Absolutely agree. raph has't been our worst,
I would say he has easily been our worst.

Look the kid is trying and is putting his head over the ball - but his clangers have been absolute howlers.

I think nobody is above critisism and Raph deserves it fully in this game.

He - like the whole team - has to lift in the second half. Only Roo and Dal can put their hands up.

Has Kosi had a touch in this game???

Lance or James??

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

The lack of a 3rd lead up forward is really hurting us, this shows the value of Schneider to the side as he's always been hitting up on the wings this year. For the size of this ground a 4th would also be a huge advantage. To me the opportunity to play Miles has been missed as he could have played down back and one of Raph, Gram or Goddard could have played that role.

Let's hope Ross re-jigs the side at half time and we start playing direct and hitting targets. Our tackle count is high so I believe our intensity is there but our skills and decision making are lacking.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Agree, only redemption he is playing on their best forward, and has hiom reasonably held to date.

He just takes too long to dispose of the ball...which is a shame, because he wins the ball well and gets into very dangerous positions...

He is a big worry today though...no doubt about it...

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

nearly twice as many shots at goal for a 10 point lead.

everyone is running on empty it seems.

lets see if the miles in the legs are still there in the second 1/2 we generally run out better than most sides.

geelong looked buggered last night.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
esaint66
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Has Kosi had a touch in this game???

What i keep hearing is "Kosi, lucky not have given away the free kick"
:roll: :roll: :roll:

I don't know if it is the biased commentray or he is really just not getting the ball and getting into the play.
Last edited by esaint66 on Sun 12 Jul 2009 7:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

half time and the debate has already started on RC
unreal

GSG
Club Player

I’m not too fussed about losing, but what worries me is that Ross Lyon insisted on sending the team unchanged to the West. Hot weather, bigger ground, tough game last week and shorter week than the Weagles and, again, shorter week than Adelaide for next week.
Also, tired players are much more prone to injuries.
Still I assume they know what they’re doing (although based on the Saints’ past, this may be a bit optimistic)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:nearly twice as many shots at goal for a 10 point lead.

everyone is running on empty it seems.

lets see if the miles in the legs are still there in the second 1/2 we generally run out better than most sides.

geelong looked buggered last night.
Yep agreed that is why last night and todays game shouldnt count as far as winning a flag is concerned.