Lovett Caught Drinking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I have been locked up for 4 hours once before
What, you didn't charm your way out of it?! :P

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Why do you think it was only 4 hours.

S.A Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
stmac35 wrote:They've released a statement:
http://www.realfooty.com.au/articles/20 ... 05193.html
St Kilda footballer Andrew Lovett is facing a police charge of being drunk in a public place, the AFL club announced on Monday night.

A St Kilda statement said the incident happened when Lovett, while on annual leave, was celebrating his birthday with friends at a private residence in St Kilda early Saturday morning.
Doesn't sound too bad...
he ended up getting drunk on his birthday at a club/bar was prob walking home in that state or might have even been going to hotel room or whatever and some cops though to make a name for themselves decided to arrest him due to his name...i would be worried if he assaulted, bashed, or something along those lines a civilian or the police officer...

hopefully he learns that the pre season is about to start and needs to focus on training..
he just wanted to blow off some steam before the season starts...
So everyone who gets arrested for being drunk has to be a name. If thats the case what is my name? Its no big deal but dont make excuses for him especially with his form.
You are an idiot...but that's beside the point

when you get drunk of course you are going to be in a public place...i mean he was walking down the street ffs and how else are you going to get from lets say one bar to another than walk...and the only reason him being arrested was due to his high profile (just in case plugger misses the point again)...i say good on him for not abusing the hell out of them and getting himself into more crap...
Im an idiot. that may be so but you are obviously dumb. I have been locked up for 4 hours once before and I have no profile at all. I love the way you know exactly what happened. Excuses excuses.
we already knew that but that's beside the point...

when you got arrested did u abuse or assault the police or anyone or just walked down the street drunk...there is a massive difference between the two...and going by the article lovett wasn't accused of anything just being drunk...im not making an excuse for him, im just saying he got drunk on his birthday and its the off season no big deal...hasn't harmed anyone yet..if this was done throughout the season then its a different story...

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:
Why do you think it was only 4 hours.
Because it started out as a warning until you opened your mouth?

ace
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:I am unimpressed. This is not how you behave when you are turning over a new leaf. Give him another chance, but do it again, and your out. I have faith that Ross will handle it in the appropriate manner. Interesting to note is the Roo wasn't keen on getting him.
Roo was hoping to get the extra salary for himself - and probably deserves it.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

ace
Saintsational Legend

You should have expected that, hanging out with Collingwood supporters.

Your mummy told you to stay away from them and you ignored her.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Can we trade him back to Essendon for Luke Ball?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
St Kilda footballer Andrew Lovett is facing a police charge of being drunk in a public place, the AFL club announced on Monday night.

A St Kilda statement said the incident happened when Lovett, while on annual leave, was celebrating his birthday with friends at a private residence in St Kilda early Saturday morning.
Doesn't sound too bad...
he ended up getting drunk on his birthday at a club/bar was prob walking home in that state or might have even been going to hotel room or whatever and some cops though to make a name for themselves decided to arrest him due to his name...i would be worried if he assaulted, bashed, or something along those lines a civilian or the police officer...

hopefully he learns that the pre season is about to start and needs to focus on training..
So everyone who gets arrested for being drunk has to be a name. If thats the case what is my name? Its no big deal but dont make excuses for him especially with his form.

when you get drunk of course you are going to be in a public place...i mean he was walking down the street ffs and how else are you going to get from lets say one bar to another than walk...and the only reason him being arrested was due to his high profile (just in case plugger misses the point again)...i say good on him for not abusing the hell out of them and getting himself into more crap...
Im an idiot. that may be so but you are obviously dumb. I have been locked up for 4 hours once before and I have no profile at all. I love the way you know exactly what happened. Excuses excuses.

when you got arrested did u abuse or assault the police or anyone or just walked down the street drunk...there is a massive difference between the two...and going by the article lovett wasn't accused of anything just being drunk...im not making an excuse for him, im just saying he got drunk on his birthday and its the off season no big deal...hasn't harmed anyone yet..if this was done throughout the season then its a different story...
Well I just got locked up and wasnt charged so whatever I did was obviously less than what Lovett did and just because he was only charged with being drunk doesnt mean there wasnt some abuse. It is a bit of deal for 2 things and if you cant see it well it aint worth discussing it with you. One he is at a new club and secondly and most importantly he has history and doesnt seem to have learnt that much. And you say it was off season well for him training stargted 2 days later. why would you be out that late 2 days before a 4km time trial at a new club.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I hope it all just passes under the bridge. I'm not going to get my undies in a knot for a bloke having a drink on his birthday outside of the footy season. Had it have happened during the season I'd understand a fuss being made. I hope he gets cuts some slack. JMHO

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
S.A Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:

Doesn't sound too bad...

Well I just got locked up and wasnt charged so whatever I did was obviously less than what Lovett did and just because he was only charged with being drunk doesnt mean there wasnt some abuse. It is a bit of deal for 2 things and if you cant see it well it aint worth discussing it with you. One he is at a new club and secondly and most importantly he has history and doesnt seem to have learnt that much. And you say it was off season well for him training stargted 2 days later. why would you be out that late 2 days before a 4km time trial at a new club.
if there was abuse involved then im sure the media would have been all over it..nothing beats a good to story to get a player down....yes i admit it is a bit of a concern but as long as he doesn't do it throughout the season i really couldn't care what he does during the off season as long as its nothing major like bashing someone or to that alike...it was his birthday ffs...so what he should wait until the season is over to celebrate it :roll:

S.A Saint
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:I hope it all just passes under the bridge. I'm not going to get my undies in a knot for a bloke having a drink on his birthday outside of the footy season. Had it have happened during the season I'd understand a fuss being made. I hope he gets cuts some slack. JMHO
This.

ace
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote: if there was abuse involved then im sure the media would have been all over it..nothing beats a good to story to get a player down....yes i admit it is a bit of a concern but as long as he doesn't do it throughout the season i really couldn't care what he does during the off season as long as its nothing major like bashing someone or to that alike...it was his birthday ffs...so what he should wait until the season is over to celebrate it :roll:
The season was over!

S.A Saint
Club Player

ace wrote:
S.A Saint wrote: if there was abuse involved then im sure the media would have been all over it..nothing beats a good to story to get a player down....yes i admit it is a bit of a concern but as long as he doesn't do it throughout the season i really couldn't care what he does during the off season as long as its nothing major like bashing someone or to that alike...it was his birthday ffs...so what he should wait until the season is over to celebrate it :roll:
The season was over!
you missed the point....

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Better now than later on ...... hopefully this will shake him up a bit - people can change and do change - either way sounds like he was having a good birthday up until his little walk :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

So off season means no footy. If that is the case you will not mind him being out till 6am every Saturday night and drinking as long as he stops before round one. Do you actually have a clue. Money has plenty to do with it because he he stuffs up once to often he may lose that money. You would think he wouldnt want to lose 300k a year. As for me, Im pretty sure I am not in the public eye and secondly and havent before or since had any form with this type of thing. As I have said before you just dont get it.

S.A Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:So off season means no footy. If that is the case you will not mind him being out till 6am every Saturday night and drinking as long as he stops before round one. Do you actually have a clue. Money has plenty to do with it because he he stuffs up once to often he may lose that money. You would think he wouldnt want to lose 300k a year. As for me, Im pretty sure I am not in the public eye and secondly and havent before or since had any form with this type of thing. As I have said before you just dont get it.
No i don't mind it as long as his performance doesn't drop off, and he is able to play at his previous best...money to everyone is not the most important thing...maybe he values his social life and friends more who knows....just because you don't see it as being right doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you...we are here to win flags and not worry about what player do in the off season...look at west coast and all their problems with players...the only thing that matters is winning flags..i couldn't care if we had the worst culture in the afl as long as we win flags consistent then it quiet frankly doesn't bother me...

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote:Can we trade him back to Essendon for Luke Ball?
Would do that trade in a heartbeat :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
So would Essendon considering they dont have Luke Ball yet :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Lennon
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:Better now than later on ...... hopefully this will shake him up a bit - people can change and do change - either way sounds like he was having a good birthday up until his little walk :twisted:
How many shake-ups does one fellow need?

Already cost himself a career at one club.

Why would he put himself in the position of being drunk in a public place (and he would've had to have been quite drunk) two days before he's due to start training with his new club, and after all his talk about starting fresh?

And if he had to get somewhere, how hard is it to take a cab?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: and secondly and havent before or since had any form with this type of thing.
It seems then that you are giving your expert opinion about a subject that you have no experience and no idea about :shock:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

You know what the worst thing is...... This bloke hadn't even started training with us yet.....Let alone play any games for our club.

Its just f***ed up..... Ive got a feeling this wont be the last time we discuss Lovett in a negative context.

The players are thinking, we all work so hard to stay out of trouble, and this bloke walks in, after being targeted during trade week and we have to deal with this s***. If I was Riewoldt, I would be pissed off, having to deal with idiots.

The bloke is 27. He better have a steller season next year and live up to expectation - because this bulls*** is firstly unacceptable by an adult and secondly and more importantly not wanted at St Kilda.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote: and secondly and havent before or since had any form with this type of thing.
It seems then that you are giving your expert opinion about a subject that you have no experience and no idea about :shock:
What are you talking about. I was talking about me not having had other issues with cops like Lovett has had previously before the latest one. Should I go get arrested before I comment on the situation?

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
So would Essendon considering they dont have Luke Ball yet :roll:
Ok, I meant to write I would do that trade 'should Essendon draft Luke Ball' :roll:

Hold your ground :shock:
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:So off season means no footy. If that is the case you will not mind him being out till 6am every Saturday night and drinking as long as he stops before round one. Do you actually have a clue. Money has plenty to do with it because he he stuffs up once to often he may lose that money. You would think he wouldnt want to lose 300k a year. As for me, Im pretty sure I am not in the public eye and secondly and havent before or since had any form with this type of thing. As I have said before you just dont get it.
No i don't mind it as long as his performance doesn't drop off, and he is able to play at his previous best...money to everyone is not the most important thing...maybe he values his social life and friends more who knows....just because you don't see it as being right doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you...we are here to win flags and not worry about what player do in the off season...look at west coast and all their problems with players...the only thing that matters is winning flags..i couldn't care if we had the worst culture in the afl as long as we win flags consistent then it quiet frankly doesn't bother me...

First up, ive disagreed with pretty much everything you have said in this thread thus far.....But to be specific to this post.

1) What is his best performance? What you see, or what he would be capable of? Drinking (getting blind) two days before training is certainly not striving for optimal 'performance'. I dont care who you are, anyone that trains after a massive one feels it - and if you dont feel it, your just selling yourself short from being even better.

2) Its certainly fair to not value money as most important - What really is significant if that he is not valuing the club and success as more important as his 'social life and friends'.

3) West Coast? How did they go with defending their win without Cousins? They got a flag, but their team was dismantled because of drug infested off seasons. But hey, who cares what they do in the off season, do as many drugs as you can while you can.

4) As long as we win 'flags' - We havn't won any recently. By the way, having the 'worst' culture hasn't exactly helped us win too many flags over the last 100 years. But hey, you seem to recognize a winning formula.