Stkilda vs Essendon game thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:The only way we will win this game is if we have a ten goal quarter.

It is possible but very very doubtful. We are well and truly in trouble now. In poor form, struggling to win. We need pace.

Ugh nothing is going right for us at the moment. I'm so sad.
We have no pace and that shows against teams that take us on with pace. Even the pies beat us with pace a few weeks back and again the Dons are smashing us by taking us on.
We've got Geary and Peake, Steven is pretty speedy, what are these guys doing? In any case, quick and accurate disposal beats pure pace any day...I've never been convinced by pace per se, otherwise Stanley would be the best player in the league.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

We have had more inside fifties.

Amazingly.

They take their chances. We dont.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
backit wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:The only way we will win this game is if we have a ten goal quarter.

It is possible but very very doubtful. We are well and truly in trouble now. In poor form, struggling to win. We need pace.

We have no pace and that shows against teams that take us on with pace. Even the pies beat us with pace a few weeks back and again the Dons are smashing us by taking us on.
We've got Geary and Peake, Steven is pretty speedy, what are these guys doing? In any case, quick and accurate disposal beats pure pace any day...I've never been convinced by pace per se, otherwise Stanley would be the best player in the league.
you are right. Pace is overrated. But when we play teams that have a lot of pace they exploit us.

I always blame pace whenever we have a poor performance. Fact is, we're just not that good.

It breaks my heart.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Sorry to say it, but I think we're gaaaaaawn!!!

And so should be Gram, Peake and Dawson!!!

Dawson's been out muscled on several occassion by players no bigger than a rover, his second efforts are absolutely shite.

Gram's doesn't even look where he is kicking the football, and more often than not turns it over.

Peake is just an absolute DUD, why RL is persisting with the below average footballer is beyond me.

Hughjarce
Club Player

We have to face facts we are a good team that played above itself last year and almost won a GF.

This year we have been found out for pace as well as the fact that our middle rung players are actually very average and some have gone backwards this year.

We are carrying several players who would not get a game in any of the other top 8 teams. We cannot contain teams with pace simple as that.

A loss today would put us at risk of falling out of the top over the coming month. A big loss tonight will damage our confidence. I am very sad because we have no real upside over the coming years.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
wasaintsfan
Club Player

again always kicking to riewoldt... since hes been back thats all weve done..

worked better with kosi and stanley... coz they created contests and small forwards did their thing

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Great start to the third. Gilbert gives away a fifty....

Goal bombers.

Really disappointed.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
midas_touch
Club Player

50m penalty to start the quarter. woeful. game over now, if it wasnt already.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Would Monfries have to be one of the biggest cheats in the game? Continually fakes for frees, and bizarrely, ALWAYS gets them paid!

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Hughjarce wrote:We have to face facts we are a good team that played above itself last year and almost won a GF.

This year we have been found out for pace as well as the fact that our middle rung players are actually very average and some have gone backwards this year.

We are carrying several players who would not get a game in any of the other top 8 teams. We cannot contain teams with pace simple as that.

A loss today would put us at risk of falling out of the top over the coming month. A big loss tonight will damage our confidence. I am very sad because we have no real upside over the coming years.
easy up, you honestly think we played above ourselves last year.
oh please, you don't win 19 games straight and only lose 2 games leading upto the GF by under a kick to only be playing above ourselves.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
degruch
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
degruch wrote:
backit wrote:

you are right. Pace is overrated. But when we play teams that have a lot of pace they exploit us.

I always blame pace whenever we have a poor performance. Fact is, we're just not that good.

It breaks my heart.
Well, we should be 'that good'...we looked like the freakin' Harlem Globetrotters last season. Against everyone but Essendon and North, oddly. If we can peg it back, I'd put the last 2 weeks and tonight down to a late season glitch...we can improve.

saintkid
Club Player

They always cop a goal within the first minute or two of the 2nd half. Shameful efforts, I am truly embarrassed tonight.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:Let me remind you all the we were beaten by the bombers last year and almost won the gf, big deal if we lose we lose.

People on here are so dramatic: "we will never win a flag again" "we are a terrible football team" SHUT UP PLEASE!!!

ITS IS THE 30th of ]JULY!!! NOT SEPTEMBER!!!

we have a good 6 weeks or so to sort it out.
Well can you blame them, because so far we have not won the flag (since 66) had 2 golden oppurtunties in 97, 2010, and did not take the chance. fell away badly mid 98 and we are not lookin good.

I love this club
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

As dissapointing and pathetic as Stkilda are, Essendon make me almost as angry. I lost a substancial amount of money on those pretenders 2 and 3 weeks ago. They looked comfortably like the worst side in the league,and were beaten by the worst side in the league!! Tonight against us again,they play top 4 footy

F*** em

Anyone wants to speak to me I'll be over in the plugger thread,reliving the good times

Bring back the Lockett era
saintkid
Club Player

Stillwaiting wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:Let me remind you all the we were beaten by the bombers last year and almost won the gf, big deal if we lose we lose.

People on here are so dramatic: "we will never win a flag again" "we are a terrible football team" SHUT UP PLEASE!!!

ITS IS THE 30th of ]JULY!!! NOT SEPTEMBER!!!

we have a good 6 weeks or so to sort it out.
Well can you blame them, because so far we have not won the flag (since 66) had 2 golden oppurtunties in 97, 2010, and did not take the chance. fell away badly mid 98 and we are not lookin good.
That's right, winning form is GOOD form!

Hughjarce
Club Player

I believe that SOME players did actually play their best football last year which, has not been replicated this year. If that is playing above their ability then, yes they did.

Last year was an exceptional year by the Saints and I never believed it would be duplicated this year however, losses like this should not happen. We are being pummelled and certain players are being showed up for their lack of ability / intensity.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
wasaintsfan
Club Player

its not so much that we havent won a premiership since 66

its the fact that we can beat the cats.... yet struggle against currently weak teams....

it feels as us and collingwood have switched jumpers

degruch
Saintsational Legend

wasaintsfan wrote:it feels as us and collingwood have switched jumpers
...except this time it's not 1966.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Game over.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

WE'RE PLAYING LIKE ABSOLUTE BUMS.

I FEEL SICK.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
wasaintsfan
Club Player

get on the eagles this weekend!!!!! weve switched jumpers to allow the bombers revenge!!!!!!

Hughjarce
Club Player

Backline is a rabble !!!! We miss Bakes.

We do not have players who can burst through the lines, simple as that. Lovett would have been perfect LOL.

Marchin' In
Club Player

I'm lost for words. This is gutless. Getting flogged by ESSENDON! ESSENDON!!!!!

UP THE SAINTERS!
saintkid
Club Player

When someone like Gumbleton, who is playing with sore ribs from the 2nd quarter, can have such an impact in this 3rd quarter, it shows how pathetic many of our players are tonight.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Go one on one on Saints and you win.

Simple.

Sorry. I HATE being a negative schmuck, but we have been solved.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'