Dusty

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dusty

thejiggingsaint wrote:Why we even consider recruiting this player after his performance against Carlton on the big stage amazes me.
Ridiculous

How did Lenny and Roo go in there first final? Pitiful...

Can not question the blokes football ability, will be a top5-10 player....just his off field stuff that is the question mark

Bring back the Lockett era
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

It appears other people within the club wanted Martin and Watters pulled rank so it aint happening!
You can close the thread down now...

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Your opinion, my opinion, I'll let history judge, mate. I feel however that this guy is bad medicine (no pun intended) agree to disagree? have a good one!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:It appears other people within the club wanted Martin and Watters pulled rank so it aint happening!
You can close the thread down now...

have heard differently, but who really knows?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Kickit
Club Player

I still think something is wrong with him
2010 11 clearances against port , 8 against StKilda the following week.
2011 9 clearances against West Coast , 8 against North
2012 7 clearances against Carlton and Fremantle
2013 4 clearances was as good as he got.
Why is he trending downward in his key stats?

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

jonesy wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Why we even consider recruiting this player after his performance against Carlton on the big stage amazes me.
Ridiculous

Can not question the blokes football ability, will be a top5-10 player....just his off field stuff that is the question mark
I know it's slightly off topic, but Riewoldt kicked 3.3 in his first final, from limited opportunities, in a total of 10.9. Was hardly pitiful.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Ridiculous

I know it's slightly off topic, but Riewoldt kicked 3.3 in his first final, from limited opportunities, in a total of 10.9. Was hardly pitiful.
Good that you can look up stats, but do you remember the game?
Pitiful is a bit extreme I admit, just saying can't rate Martin on his first final, wasn't that poor anyhow.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

No he wasn't "That poor" but there again he was hardly showing off form that merits all the big wraps he gets from some on here.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:No he wasn't "That poor" but there again he was hardly showing off form that merits all the big wraps he gets from some on here.
We can agree on the behaviour thing....having said that I am only going on hear say....it leaves the big question mark.
There is none on his footballing ability though,clearly will be elite (if he stays out of jail :wink: ).

So I'm a fence sitter on this one.

Kickit
Club Player

jonesy wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:No he wasn't "That poor" but there again he was hardly showing off form that merits all the big wraps he gets from some on here.
We can agree on the behaviour thing....having said that I am only going on hear say....it leaves the big question mark.
There is none on his footballing ability though,clearly will be elite (if he stays out of jail :wink: ).

So I'm a fence sitter on this one.
He started elite and is developing backwards.
He's like Benjamin Button.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Martin peaked at 19.
Screw him I reckon.
Wannabe gangster flog.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

How are we even slightly getting Martin if Armo and Fisher were told they will be traded if they go away with him this off season. I dont think it was a bluff either as it was said in front of the whole group. he isnt coming to us unless SW is being sacked.

elizabethr
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:How are we even slightly getting Martin if Armo and Fisher were told they will be traded if they go away with him this off season. I dont think it was a bluff either as it was said in front of the whole group. he isnt coming to us unless SW is being sacked.
Complete fabrication of your mind!

nothing to say
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote:
plugger66 wrote:How are we even slightly getting Martin if Armo and Fisher were told they will be traded if they go away with him this off season. I dont think it was a bluff either as it was said in front of the whole group. he isnt coming to us unless SW is being sacked.

What my post or that we are getting Martin? The post is 100% true so yes complete fabrication that we are interested in him unless pelchan can just go completely over the head of our coach which would then make our coach sound as weak as piss.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
elizabethr wrote:

What my post or that we are getting Martin? The post is 100% true so yes complete fabrication that we are interested in him unless pelchan can just go completely over the head of our coach which would then make our coach sound as weak as piss.
Could the trip thing be in the context of the dwarf thing in combination with Martin rather than the Martin thing solely?
The club did say end of season trips had been cancelled?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
elizabethr wrote:

Could the trip thing be in the context of the dwarf thing in combination with Martin rather than the Martin thing solely?

Yes but why make a direct reference to Martin if the real issue was just cancelling the trip and anyway some players are still going away overseas anyway.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes but why make a direct reference to Martin if the real issue was just cancelling the trip and anyway some players are still going away overseas anyway.
Yes but the Martin thing would definitely create publicity, Caro is gunning for Chips for example.

elizabethr
Club Player

Armo and Chips being given an ultimatum in front of "the whole group"
Laughable. .

nothing to say
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote:Armo and Chips being given an ultimatum in front of "the whole group"
Laughable. .

So you are calling the player who told me a liar or me a liar. Either way you are wrong. You would be used to that though.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

For the record.
On governance grounds I dont think any coach anywhere in the AFL should be participating in trading/recruiting activity in September to December. Their job is over for the year. Take a holiday and come back in December.
I know this is unrealistic - but this is how I believe it should be.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

If Watters has said NO to MARTIN then that is the one recruiting decision he has got right since being at the SAINTS...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Kickit
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:If Watters has said NO to MARTIN then that is the one recruiting decision he has got right since being at the SAINTS...
Which recruiting decisions did he make?
Which did the recruiting department make?
Which did Pelchen make?

I seriously don't know, but if someone else actually knows ( as opposed to guessing ) I'm happy to listen.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I’ve witnessed many stars play for the mighty St Kilda Football Club.

I’ve also seen many genuine champions play for opposing teams, and wished they could’ve somehow played for the team I love.

But.....

..... I have never, ever, wanted a player to not come to the Saints as much as I don’t want Martin to come to the Saints. :(

elizabethr
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
elizabethr wrote:Armo and Chips being given an ultimatum in front of "the whole group"
Laughable. .

So you are calling the player who told me a liar or me a liar. Either way you are wrong. You would be used to that though.
You are often wrong with your"inside info". :roll:

nothing to say
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Laughable. .
Sounds very leading teams.

No point trying to deny they're all super close though, it's clear as day on twitterverse, and if I was their mum I'd kind of be freakin out if I'm being honest